|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Africa when the novel begins?
(a) It is a hotbed of coups and revolutions.
(b) It is uniting under a small number of dictators.
(c) It has become the world's major source of oil.
(d) It is becoming prosperous.
2. What is the first step in Yamata's plan for responding to the Trade Reform Act?
(a) To organize a boycott of American goods.
(b) To topple the current government.
(c) To cut off all trade with America.
(d) To call for a tariff on American goods.
3. How does the NTSB determine the cause of the Cresta accidents?
(a) X-ray analysis and magnetic resonance imaging.
(b) They are coerced into making their statement.
(c) Physical inspection and laboratory tests.
(d) They find incriminating evidence from the Japanese manufacter.
4. What does the commander of U.S. Navy forces in the Indian Ocean believe about the Indian Navy?
(a) They have nuclear-armed subs.
(b) Their strength is vastly over-estimated.
(c) They are preparing to attack U.S. forces.
(d) They are preparing to invade Sri Lanka.
5. What are "zaibatsu"?
(b) A brand of cars.
(c) Start-up companies.
(d) Wealthy businessmen and industrialists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are some of the defective tanks shipped?
2. Why does Cook agree to sell information to Nagumo?
3. What is the result of Koga's resignation?
4. What is the state of Japan when the novel begins?
5. What crime is Vice President Ed Kealty accused of committing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)