|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What locations is Chet Nomuri ordered to continue frequenting?
(a) The downtown and financial districts of Tokyo.
(b) Certain parks and temples.
(c) The neighborhoods of certain zaibatsu.
(d) Specific tea and bathhouses.
2. What is the CIA operative Chet Nomuri's mission?
(a) To kill Yamata.
(b) To infiltrate and assassinate the ziabatsu.
(c) To undermine Goto's campaign.
(d) To gather information on the ziabatsu-Goto connection.
3. What does Yamata discover about the Durling administration soon after Ryan and the U.S. President go to Moscow?
(a) Kealty accepted a large bribe.
(b) Kealty is in legal trouble with the FBI.
(c) Durling is concealing U.S. military operations.
(d) Murray is embezzling national defense funds.
4. What does Ron Jones use to determine that the Japanese strike must have been intentional?
(a) Satellite imagery.
(b) A spy within the Japanese Navy.
(c) The positions of all ships at the time of the strike.
(d) Intercepted radio communications.
5. What does Ryan think is the cause for the problems in the U.S. military?
(a) The lack of real enemies.
(b) The alliance with the European Union.
(c) A long period of peace.
(d) Lack of funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yamata arrange for Koga to be kidnapped?
2. The Russians come up with what unexpected ally in Japan?
3. What are "zaibatsu"?
4. What do Asian banks exchange their U.S. treasury bills for when their markets open the Monday after the U.S. economic collapse?
5. What is the state of the Middle-East when the novel begins?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)