|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yamata's contact, Seiji Nagumo work?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The Japanese state department.
(c) The Japanese parliament.
(d) The Japanese Embassy in Washington.
2. Why does Ryan find the investments of Asian banks unremarkable?
(a) The dollar is weak vs. most major currencies at the moment.
(b) There are not many stable investments right now.
(c) The U.S. dollar is strong vs. the Japanese yen.
(d) U.S. companies are seeking capital.
3. After his meeting with Searls in New York, where does Yamata travel to in order to meet with political and military leaders?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the advantages that the five submarines used to monitor Japanese naval movements have?
(a) They have advanced and accurate torpedoes.
(b) They can easily detect other ships.
(c) They are difficult to detect.
(d) They are faster than most surface ships.
5. What causes equipment and glass panes to break on some of Chandraskatta's destroyers?
(a) A sudden storm.
(b) An unexplained explosion.
(c) Sonic booms from low-flying U.S. aircraft.
(d) Warning shots from U.S. ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysterious term does Nomuri overhear in a ziabatsu-frequented bathhouse?
2. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
3. What does the Trade Reform Act do?
4. What does George Winston do as part of Ryan's plan?
5. Ron Jones believes that the Japanese nuclear weapons must have been moved using which of the following?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)