|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cook provide additional information to Nagumo?
(a) He doesn't realize what he's saying.
(b) In order to "save" himself.
(c) He embraced the Japanese cause.
(d) In exchange for more money.
2. Why do the President and Ryan go to Moscow soon after Kimberly Norton's death?
(a) To discuss strategy with Russian officials.
(b) To participate in a peace conference.
(c) To gather information on Yamata's movements.
(d) To celebrate the dismantling of the last nuclear missiles.
3. What do Japanese banks start investing in shortly after the Trade Reform Act is passed?
(a) U.S. parts manufacturers.
(b) International commodities.
(c) U.S. Treasury notes.
(d) International oil companies.
4. What vehicles are sent along with military personnel to an air base in Russia?
(a) Three Comanche helicopters.
(b) Two C130 gunships.
(c) A squadron of tanks.
(d) Ten armored personnel carriers.
5. Following the economic crisis, what action does the Federal Reserve take to help banks?
(a) It lowers the prime interest rate.
(b) It promises to cover the loses of the companies that were hit hardest.
(c) It offers its resources in examining the cause of the crisis.
(d) It promises to loan any money that is needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new technology is Japan eager to test during the war games?
2. What instructions is Rear Admiral Jackson given as part of Ryan's military operation?
3. What is the current profession of the man Yamata contacts about the information about the Durling Administration?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the advantages that the five submarines used to monitor Japanese naval movements have?
5. While Ryan's operation is planned, what target do Clark and Chavez destroy?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)