Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
2. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
3. What is the lighting of the stage in this scene?
4. Gerardo wife replies to Gerardo's accusation by saying what?
5. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gerardo plead with Roberto to confess?
2. What does Paulina get when she goes back in the spare bedroom?
3. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about what he thinks Roberto is going to do?
4. What does Paulina say to Gerardo's wanting Roberto to explain his side?
5. What does Paulina tell Gerardo about Roberto and what does he say?
6. Why does Paulina talk about coffee to Roberto?
7. What does the audience hear from the room where Paulina went?
8. What does Gerardo and Paulina talk about when they go outside?
9. What does Gerardo tell Paulina was missing from his car and what does she say?
10. What do Gerardo and Paulina do when the music ends?
Essay Topic 1
Paulina is frightened, even in her own home. She has survived severe torture and prison. This has affected her greatly.
1. Do you think her survival is due more to her mental toughness or physical toughness? Why?
2. What qualities do you think would be necessary for someone to survive what Paulina has been through?
3. Paulina is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. What do you think that means?
Essay Topic 2
Paulina pretends that Gerardo has awakened her when he tells her that Roberto is staying the night, comforts her fear and asks her to make them breakfast in the morning.
1. Why do you think Paulina has pretended to be asleep?
2. Why do you think Paulina is afraid of strangers and do you think there is any way for her to overcome her fear?
Essay Topic 3
Roberto says that he heard about Gerardo's appointment to the Investigating Commission. He also seems very respectful of the role Gerardo will play, in that he will have many duties and worries on his hands shortly, and wants to help remove the trouble with the car.
1. Does Roberto's offer of help and wanting to talk about the commission seem suspicious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Roberto's offer of help is logical given he has just met Gerardo? Why or why not?
3. Could Roberto's behavior in the statement above be a foreshadowing? Why or why not?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)