|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
2. In Paulina's talk to Roberto, where does she say Gerardo was waiting for her?
3. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
4. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
5. How does Gerardo act when Paulina is explaining about the car jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roberto say about Paulina's accusations?
2. Why does Paulina tell Roberto she is going to kill him even though he has confessed?
3. What does Paulina tell Roberto about her and Gerardo?
4. What does Roberto say about Paulina to Gerardo and how does Gerardo respond?
5. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about what he thinks Roberto is going to do?
6. Where does Paulina go after she picks up some items from a drawer?
7. What happens when Gerardo asks Paulina for the gun?
8. How and when was Paulina arrested and what was she too afraid to do?
9. Where does the last Scene open?
10. What does Roberto tell Gerardo about his stopping at their house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gerardo continues his plea to indulge Paulina, as she is one of many who feel they need vengeance for past wrongs.
1. Do you think this means that Gerardo has no desire for vengeance? Why or why not?
2. Vengeance can be a two edged sword. What do you think is meant by this in view of Paulina's behavior?
3. Do you think vengeance can restore peace of mind? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
We are left wondering whether she would actually shoot him at the end of Act 2, Scene 1. Or would Gerardo forget something in the house and return to stop her? We are then forced to literally look at ourselves and those around us. What would each of us do in the same situation? Would we shoot, or let him live the rest of his days with his terrible secret?
1. Do you think you would do what Paulina is doing in her circumstances? Why or why not?
2. Do you think living with what he has done is worse punishment than killing him? Why or why not?
3. If you were a police officer called to the scene of Paulina killing Roberto, after listening to the confession, what would you do? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The doctor initially became involved to save people's lives. He was asked to sit in on interrogations to tell how much electric current the prisoner could take, and then he could tell the interrogator when to stop before the person died. He never killed a single person.
1. Do you think any truly compassionate doctor would have done this? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Dr. Miranda's initial involvement with the prisoners violated his physician's oath? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Roberto should be punished for his involvement in the torture? Why or why not?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)