|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been offered to past political criminals?
2. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
3. What would be an accurate word to describe Paulina's past?
4. What happened to the car's jack?
5. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paulina tell Gerardo about Roberto and what does he say?
2. How and when was Paulina arrested and what was she too afraid to do?
3. What does Roberto ask about concerning the car?
4. What do Gerardo and Paulina do when the music ends?
5. What does Roberto say about Paulina's accusations?
6. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes to bed and how does Gerardo respond?
7. What does Paulina hear while she is hiding?
8. What is the purpose of the commission the government is forming?
9. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she wants him to leave her?
10. What does Gerardo first do when he gets home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gerardo looks at Paulina, who does not return the look, takes her hand and looks forward.
1. What do you think this behavior of Gerardo means?
2. What might be symbolically significant that Gerardo is looking forward and Paulina is looking at Roberto?
3. Does this part of the last scene seem to imply to you that Paulina still has not healed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Gerardo continues his plea to indulge Paulina, as she is one of many who feel they need vengeance for past wrongs.
1. Do you think this means that Gerardo has no desire for vengeance? Why or why not?
2. Vengeance can be a two edged sword. What do you think is meant by this in view of Paulina's behavior?
3. Do you think vengeance can restore peace of mind? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
As Paulina pays for some candy at the concert, Roberto enters. According to the stage direction, he may be real, or just in Paulina's head.
1. Do you think Roberto is there or that Paulina killed him? Why or why not?
2. If Paulina killed him, why do you think she would see him at a concert that played Schubert's Death and the Maiden?
3. Do you think it is more likely that Roberto is at the concert or that Paulina is insane? Explain your answer.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)