|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
(a) Her knowledge of Roberto's secret files.
(b) Her infatuation for Roberto.
(d) The affair Roberto is having.
2. What happens as the dawn comes?
(a) Police are knocking on the door.
(b) Roberto awakes.
(c) Gerardo is cooking bacon.
(d) Roberto's wife calls him on his cell phone.
3. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(b) He knew her father would be arrested.
(c) He thought she'd be angry.
(d) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
4. One is one explanation for Paulina's actions to Roberto?
(c) She's always wanted to tie up a man and slap him around.
(d) They are going to play a joke on Gerardo.
5. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the commission?
2. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
3. What is heard from Roberto's room?
4. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
5. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gerardo and Paulina do when Schubert's Death and the Maiden begins?
2. How is Gerardo acting when he comes in the house?
3. What does Paulina say about Schubert to Roberto?
4. What does Paulina do before she leaves the house?
5. What does Paulina say when Gerardo talks about going to the police?
6. Why does Gerardo plead with Roberto to confess?
7. With whom is Gerardo speaking and about what?
8. What does Paulina say to Roberto about breakfast?
9. What does Paulina tell Gerardo about Roberto and what does he say?
10. How does the play, DEATH AND THE MAIDEN, open?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)