|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
(a) She calls the police to have Roberto forcibly removed from her house.
(b) She cowers under the covers shaking.
(c) She tells Gerardo to make him leave.
(d) She does not go out to meet him when he comes in the house.
2. What does Gerardo confess to Paulina with some coaxing?
(a) That he is having an affair.
(b) That he has already accepted the offer of being on the commission.
(c) That he isn't really angry about the car spare tire.
(d) That he got the jack back already from his mother-in-law.
3. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
(a) That she is not feeling well.
(b) That Gerardo's sister had called.
(c) That she has been asleep.
(d) That she heard the two men's entire conversation.
4. What is the occupation of the person in the answer to question #78?
5. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
2. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
3. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
4. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
5. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paulina say to Gerardo's wanting Roberto to explain his side?
2. What does Gerardo do when Roberto says Gerardo didn't protect his wife from rape?
3. What does Paulina tell Roberto about her and Gerardo?
4. What do Gerardo and Paulina appear not to notice while listening to the concert?
5. What does the audience hear from the room where Paulina went?
6. What does Paulina say about Schubert to Roberto?
7. Why does Paulina tell Roberto she is going to kill him even though he has confessed?
8. What does Roberto see when he awakes?
9. How and when was Paulina arrested and what was she too afraid to do?
10. How is Gerardo acting when he comes in the house?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)