|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To bring in more North American business to the country.
(b) To introduce baseball to the country.
(c) To write a new constitution.
(d) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
2. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
(b) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
(c) That she knows Roberto.
(d) That she is bi-polar.
3. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
(a) Who drove him home.
(b) What he has in his briefcase.
(c) Why he is coming home today and not tomorrow.
(d) If he remembers about the party that night.
4. What does Gerardo do to calm Paulina?
(a) Gives her a Tom Colllins.
(b) Givers her a tranquilizer.
(c) Takes her in his arms.
(d) Locks her in her bedroom.
5. What is Paulina considering doing?
(a) Reapplying to go back to college.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Calling Roberto's wife.
(d) Going to get Gerardo out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
2. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
3. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
4. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
5. After Paulina is gone, how does the stage appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paulina say about Schubert to Roberto?
2. What kind of position has Gerardo been offered and what does he say about it?
3. Why does Gerardo plead with Roberto to confess?
4. What does Roberto say about Paulina's accusations?
5. When and under what circumstances did Paulina meet Dr. Miranda?
6. What does Paulina tell Roberto about her and Gerardo?
7. What does Roberto think of Gerardo acting nice and Paulina acting mean?
8. What does Paulina say to Roberto about breakfast?
9. How does the play, DEATH AND THE MAIDEN, open?
10. What does Gerardo tell Paulina and who is at the door?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)