|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
(b) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
(c) That she knows Roberto.
(d) That she is bi-polar.
2. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(b) He thought she'd be angry.
(c) He knew her father would be arrested.
(d) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
3. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To write a new constitution.
(b) To bring in more North American business to the country.
(c) To introduce baseball to the country.
(d) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
4. What is the name of the man who gave Gerardo a ride home?
(a) Roberto Miranda.
(b) Paco Jueves.
(c) Jose Companera.
(d) Jose Guevera.
5. After Paulina is gone, how does the stage appear?
(a) Completely dark.
(b) The strobe lights come on again.
(c) Lighted with multi-directional lights.
(d) Glowing with the red of the sunset showing through the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina say there is none of in the house?
2. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
3. Who is knocking at the door?
4. When will Paulina remove Roberto's gag?
5. What would be an accurate word to describe Paulina's past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Gerardo and Paulina enter the scene and what do they do?
2. What does Paulina finally say is the main thing she wants from Roberto?
3. How does the play, DEATH AND THE MAIDEN, open?
4. What does Paulina do when she hears a car?
5. What happens after Paulina and Gerardo have had dinner the night he caught a ride home?
6. What does Roberto see when he awakes?
7. Why does Paulina tell Roberto she is going to kill him even though he has confessed?
8. What does Gerardo tell Paulina was missing from his car and what does she say?
9. What does Gerardo tell Paulina and who is at the door?
10. What is the purpose of the commission the government is forming?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)