|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
(a) Why he is coming home today and not tomorrow.
(b) If he remembers about the party that night.
(c) What he has in his briefcase.
(d) Who drove him home.
2. How does Gerardo respond to the offer of the appointment?
(a) Says he has to consult his wife.
(b) Worried he won't be able to do a good job.
(d) Pressured to accept.
3. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To write a new constitution.
(b) To bring in more North American business to the country.
(c) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
(d) To introduce baseball to the country.
4. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He knew her father would be arrested.
(b) He thought she'd be angry.
(c) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(d) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
5. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
(a) Change their minds about offering amnesty.
(b) Shut the door on the divisions and hatreds of the past.
(c) Punish only those in authority.
(d) Fail to find anybody responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto say?
2. What has been offered to past political criminals?
3. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
4. What is the name of the man who gave Gerardo a ride home?
5. What is heard from Roberto's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the doctor involved with torture?
2. What does Roberto think of Gerardo acting nice and Paulina acting mean?
3. What does Gerardo say when they realize how late it is and how does Roberto respond?
4. What has happened to Roberto by midday and what has Paulina revealed?
5. What do Gerardo and Paulina appear not to notice while listening to the concert?
6. What happens when Gerardo asks Paulina for the gun?
7. What does Gerardo say Paulina remembers about her torture and how does Roberto respond?
8. What does Gerardo say when Paulina asks who was in the car?
9. What does Paulina say to Gerardo's wanting Roberto to explain his side?
10. What does Paulina tell Gerardo about Roberto and what does he say?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)