|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) A kitchen towel.
(b) A bandana.
(c) Her panties.
(d) A wad of duck tape.
2. What does Gerardo call their argument?
(a) They are not arguing.
(b) A prelude to love.
(c) Verbal abuse.
(d) An absurd discussion.
3. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
(a) The death of innocent men.
(b) Lots of free time.
(c) Grease from changing the spare tire.
(d) Many duties and worries.
4. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
(a) If he remembers about the party that night.
(b) Why he is coming home today and not tomorrow.
(c) Who drove him home.
(d) What he has in his briefcase.
5. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Sitting in front of Roberto.
(b) She hasn't returned from driving off.
(c) Sleeping in the bed with Gerardo.
(d) It is not known where she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
2. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
3. What happens to Gerardo's car?
4. From where did Paulina get the tape?
5. What could the lighting on the stage in this act mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Act 1, Scene 3 has no dialogue?
2. What kind of position has Gerardo been offered and what does he say about it?
3. What relative of Roberto does Paulina mention and what does she say about this relative?
4. When and under what circumstances did Paulina meet Dr. Miranda?
5. What is the purpose of the commission the government is forming?
6. What do Gerardo and Paulina do when the music ends?
7. What does Paulina do after she locks her husband in their room?
8. What does Gerardo say Paulina remembers about her torture and how does Roberto respond?
9. What does Gerardo and Paulina talk about when they go outside?
10. What does Roberto say about Paulina to Gerardo and how does Gerardo respond?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)