|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One is one explanation for Paulina's actions to Roberto?
(b) She's always wanted to tie up a man and slap him around.
(d) They are going to play a joke on Gerardo.
2. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
(a) Hopeful that Roberto will join the commission.
(b) Manipulative because he suspects Roberto's past.
(c) Confused by his wife's obvious hostility to Roberto.
(d) Innocent of knowing anything about Roberto's past.
3. What does Roberto say?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he is going to have her arrested.
(c) Nothing because he is still gagged.
(d) That he does not know that name.
4. What does Paulina say about Schubert?
(a) That he was the most prolific of the Classical masters.
(b) That he was probably a homosexual.
(c) That he was the greatest of the Classical masters.
(d) That he committed suicide.
5. What does Paulina call Roberto?
(a) A bastard.
(b) Dr. Miranda.
(c) Dr. Hernandez.
(d) Mr. Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
2. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
3. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
4. To what has Gerardo just been appointed?
5. What is the occupation of the person in the answer to question #78?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the doctor involved with torture?
2. How do Gerardo and Paulina enter the scene and what do they do?
3. What does the audience see after Paulina leaves the house?
4. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes to bed and how does Gerardo respond?
5. What does Paulina do when she comes inside the first time from talking to Gerardo on the terrace?
6. What does Roberto see when he awakes?
7. What does Roberto say about Paulina's accusations?
8. How and when was Paulina arrested and what was she too afraid to do?
9. Why do you think Act 1, Scene 3 has no dialogue?
10. What is the purpose of the commission the government is forming?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)