|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roberto mention as being gone at the moment?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) No one.
(c) His dog.
(d) His wife and kids.
2. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
(b) The front door knob so the door won't open.
(c) A body.
(d) A red cushion.
3. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To write a new constitution.
(b) To introduce baseball to the country.
(c) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
(d) To bring in more North American business to the country.
4. To what has Gerardo just been appointed?
(a) New soccer commisioner.
(b) Supreme court judgeship.
(c) Leader of the union.
(d) A government commission.
5. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
(a) Hopeful that Roberto will join the commission.
(b) Confused by his wife's obvious hostility to Roberto.
(c) Manipulative because he suspects Roberto's past.
(d) Innocent of knowing anything about Roberto's past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina say there is none of in the house?
2. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
3. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
4. How does Gerardo act when Paulina is explaining about the car jack?
5. What does Paulina threaten to do if Gerardo goes to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relative of Roberto does Paulina mention and what does she say about this relative?
2. What has happened to Roberto by midday and what has Paulina revealed?
3. What does Paulina tell Gerardo about Roberto and what does he say?
4. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she wants him to leave her?
5. Why was the doctor involved with torture?
6. What is the purpose of the commission the government is forming?
7. What do Gerardo and Paulina do when the music ends?
8. What does the audience hear from the room where Paulina went?
9. What does Paulina do after she locks her husband in their room?
10. What happens when Gerardo asks Paulina for the gun?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)