|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerardo respond to the offer of the appointment?
(a) Says he has to consult his wife.
(b) Worried he won't be able to do a good job.
(c) Pressured to accept.
2. Why is the stage lighting the way it was?
(a) It's a bright, sunny day.
(b) A cloud has passed over the moon.
(c) It takes place at a disco.
(d) There is no light because the audience is not supposed to see the characters in this scene.
3. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
4. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
(a) Staying up all night watching movies.
(b) His poker buddies.
(c) Drinking a whole bottle of scotch.
5. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) That he stay there for the night.
(b) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(c) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(d) To be on the commission also.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
2. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
3. Who is the first person on the stage when the play opens?
4. What does the character in #1's answer grab when hearing a car?
5. Where does Paulina find Roberto's keys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gerardo acting when he comes in the house?
2. What is Gerard doing with Paulina on the patio at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, that she had started before and what interrupted them before?
3. What does Roberto think of Gerardo acting nice and Paulina acting mean?
4. With whom is Gerardo speaking and about what?
5. What does Gerardo do when Roberto says Gerardo didn't protect his wife from rape?
6. What does Roberto finally say is his real purpose for stopping?
7. What does Paulina get when she comes on the stage in Scene 3?
8. How does the play, DEATH AND THE MAIDEN, open?
9. What does Paulina hear while she is hiding?
10. Why does Gerardo plead with Roberto to confess?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)