|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
(a) It is not known where she is.
(b) Sitting in front of Roberto.
(c) She hasn't returned from driving off.
(d) Sleeping in the bed with Gerardo.
2. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
3. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
(a) Consuelo Hernandez.
(b) Eliza Perez.
(c) Christiana Lopez.
(d) Ana Maria Miranda.
4. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
(a) That they will be ineffective.
(b) That they are just for show.
(c) That they will fail to carry out punishments.
(d) That they will be hard-core.
5. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A scream.
(d) A muffled cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
2. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
3. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
4. What does Paulina call Roberto?
5. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when was Paulina arrested and what was she too afraid to do?
2. What is the purpose of the commission the government is forming?
3. What does Paulina do when she comes inside the first time from talking to Gerardo on the terrace?
4. How does the play, DEATH AND THE MAIDEN, open?
5. What does Paulina say to Gerardo's wanting Roberto to explain his side?
6. What music does Paulina play and what does she say to Roberto about the music?
7. What do Gerardo and Paulina do when Schubert's Death and the Maiden begins?
8. What does Paulina do before she leaves the house?
9. What does Roberto finally say is his real purpose for stopping?
10. What does Paulina do after she locks her husband in their room?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)