|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina do with the keys?
(a) Hits Roberto in the face with them.
(b) Drives away in Roberto's car.
(c) Hides them in the kitchen.
(d) Throws them over the balcony into the lake.
2. What happens as the dawn comes?
(a) Police are knocking on the door.
(b) Gerardo is cooking bacon.
(c) Roberto awakes.
(d) Roberto's wife calls him on his cell phone.
3. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) A bandana.
(b) A kitchen towel.
(c) Her panties.
(d) A wad of duck tape.
4. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) A ledger book.
5. What could the lighting on the stage in this act mean?
(a) The fact that Paulina is trying to conserve electricity.
(b) The disco is trying to entertain the dancers.
(c) The humorous actions of the characters.
(d) The dark nature of the theme of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
2. What is Paulina considering doing?
3. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
4. What does Paulina call Roberto?
5. What does Gerardo say his wife fails to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roberto see when he awakes?
2. What does Paulina tell Gerardo about Roberto and what does he say?
3. What does Roberto tell Gerardo about his stopping at their house?
4. With whom is Gerardo speaking and about what?
5. What does Gerardo say Paulina remembers about her torture and how does Roberto respond?
6. What does Paulina get when she goes back in the spare bedroom?
7. Where does the last Scene open?
8. What has happened to Roberto by midday and what has Paulina revealed?
9. Why do you think Act 1, Scene 3 has no dialogue?
10. What does the audience see after Paulina leaves the house?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)