|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
(a) Who drove him home.
(b) If he remembers about the party that night.
(c) What he has in his briefcase.
(d) Why he is coming home today and not tomorrow.
2. From where has Paulina phoned the garage?
(a) Her bedroom phone.
(b) A pay phone.
(c) The cellar.
(d) A friend's house.
3. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) A trial judge from the United States.
(b) A people's rights group.
(c) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(d) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
4. What does Paulina threaten to do if Gerardo goes to the police?
(a) To shoot Gerardo.
(b) To shoot the police if they come there.
(c) To kill herself.
(d) To shoot Roberto.
5. What is Paulina holding when the audience first sees her in the scene?
(a) Breakfast for Roberto.
(b) A gun.
(c) The morning newspaper.
(d) A knife.
6. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
(a) For Paulina to open the door.
(b) For Paulina to let him shoot Roberto.
(c) Nothing; he's still asleep.
(d) For Paulina to go ahead and shoot Roberto.
7. Where is the person in question #1 sitting?
(a) On the terrace.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the President's office.
8. Gerardo wife replies to Gerardo's accusation by saying what?
(a) She was through with his criticisms.
(b) She was too busy ironing his shirts.
(c) Her responsibility is the house; his is the car.
(d) She had a big presentation at work and couldn't do it.
9. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Sleeping in the bed with Gerardo.
(b) She hasn't returned from driving off.
(c) It is not known where she is.
(d) Sitting in front of Roberto.
10. From where did Paulina get the tape?
(a) Roberto's car.
(b) Paulina's private collection of music.
(c) From Gerardo's glove compartment.
(d) The local music store.
11. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina after she tells him that Roberto is the man who tortured her?
(a) If she is in love with Roberto.
(b) For the gun.
(c) If she wants him to kill Roberto.
(d) If she is certain.
12. Who's is unconscious?
(b) The old, sick dog.
(d) No one.
13. What has been offered to past political criminals?
(a) The opportunity to commit suicide instead of being hanged.
(b) A reduced sentence for snitching.
(c) Community service instead of prison.
14. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
(a) She shoots through the door.
(b) She pounds on it.
(c) She listens outside the door.
(d) She doesn't go to the guest bedroom door.
15. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Paulina have an aversion?
2. Who does Roberto mention as being gone at the moment?
3. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
4. What is heard from Roberto's room?
5. What is supposed to happen on Sunday?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)