|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
(b) Drinking a whole bottle of scotch.
(c) Staying up all night watching movies.
(d) His poker buddies.
2. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
(a) The front door knob so the door won't open.
(b) A body.
(d) A red cushion.
3. How does Paulina feel when she hears Death and the Maiden at a friend's house?
4. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
5. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
(a) For Paulina to go ahead and shoot Roberto.
(b) Nothing; he's still asleep.
(c) For Paulina to open the door.
(d) For Paulina to let him shoot Roberto.
6. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
(a) That the truth will be learned from them.
(b) That they would all end up dead.
(c) That they go to prison for a long time.
(d) That they will be forgiven.
7. What does Gerardo say his wife fails to do?
(a) Cook the filet mignon correctly.
(b) Fix the spare.
(c) Get the oil changed in the car.
(d) Pick up their son at day care.
8. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
(b) The small bedside table.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A body.
9. Where is Paulina's mother going?
(a) To the opera.
(b) Traveling South.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To Buenos Aires.
10. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
(a) Eliza Perez.
(b) Christiana Lopez.
(c) Ana Maria Miranda.
(d) Consuelo Hernandez.
11. One is one explanation for Paulina's actions to Roberto?
(c) She's always wanted to tie up a man and slap him around.
(d) They are going to play a joke on Gerardo.
12. What would be an accurate word to describe Paulina's past?
(a) She has amnesia and doesn't know about her past.
13. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
(b) That she knows Roberto.
(c) That she is bi-polar.
(d) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
14. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
(a) Roberto is adament about not staying.
(b) A mention of Paulina cooking breakfast.
(c) Roberto is almost out of gas and stations are closed.
(d) An offer to drive Roberto to the city in the morning.
15. What is the name of the man who gave Gerardo a ride home?
(a) Roberto Miranda.
(b) Paco Jueves.
(c) Jose Companera.
(d) Jose Guevera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will preside over the trials?
2. Who is the first person on the stage when the play opens?
3. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina after she tells him that Roberto is the man who tortured her?
4. What could the lighting on the stage in this act mean?
5. To what does Paulina have an aversion?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)