|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
(b) A dead dog.
(c) The small bedside table.
(d) A body.
2. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A muffled cry.
(d) A scream.
3. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
(a) Many duties and worries.
(b) Lots of free time.
(c) Grease from changing the spare tire.
(d) The death of innocent men.
4. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
(a) That they go to prison for a long time.
(b) That they will be forgiven.
(c) That the truth will be learned from them.
(d) That they would all end up dead.
5. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Sitting in front of Roberto.
(b) Sleeping in the bed with Gerardo.
(c) She hasn't returned from driving off.
(d) It is not known where she is.
6. To what does Paulina have an aversion?
(b) The field of medicine.
7. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
(b) He knew her father would be arrested.
(c) He thought she'd be angry.
(d) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
8. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A ledger book.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pocketknife.
9. After Paulina is gone, how does the stage appear?
(a) Completely dark.
(b) The strobe lights come on again.
(c) Lighted with multi-directional lights.
(d) Glowing with the red of the sunset showing through the windows.
10. Who is knocking at the door?
(a) Paulina's mother.
(b) Gerardo's sister.
(c) Roberto Miranda.
(d) A policeman.
11. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
(a) Staying up all night watching movies.
(b) His poker buddies.
(d) Drinking a whole bottle of scotch.
12. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
(a) Roberto untying himself.
(b) A set of headlights playing across the room.
(c) The dog biting Roberto.
(d) Gerardo untying Roberto.
13. When Paulina exits Roberto's room, what does she do?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Wipes up blood from her shoes.
(c) Locks Gerardo in his room.
(d) Cooks breakfast.
14. What is supposed to happen on Sunday?
(a) Church service.
(b) Paulina mother is to return.
(c) An invitation to drinks.
(d) A golf game.
15. What would be an accurate word to describe Paulina's past?
(c) She has amnesia and doesn't know about her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of clothing does Paulina pull out of the drawer?
2. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
3. What does Gerardo confess to Paulina with some coaxing?
4. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
5. What is the name of the man who gave Gerardo a ride home?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)