|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is supposed to happen on Sunday?
(a) Church service.
(b) Paulina mother is to return.
(c) An invitation to drinks.
(d) A golf game.
2. How does Paulina feel when she hears Death and the Maiden at a friend's house?
3. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A scream.
(c) A muffled cry.
4. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(b) He thought she'd be angry.
(c) He knew her father would be arrested.
(d) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
5. Where is the person in question #1 sitting?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) On the terrace.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the President's office.
6. In Paulina's talk to Roberto, where does she say Gerardo was waiting for her?
(a) At home.
(b) At the psycho unit.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the university.
7. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
(a) Manipulative because he suspects Roberto's past.
(b) Confused by his wife's obvious hostility to Roberto.
(c) Hopeful that Roberto will join the commission.
(d) Innocent of knowing anything about Roberto's past.
8. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
(a) If he remembers about the party that night.
(b) What he has in his briefcase.
(c) Who drove him home.
(d) Why he is coming home today and not tomorrow.
9. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
(a) Staying up all night watching movies.
(c) His poker buddies.
(d) Drinking a whole bottle of scotch.
10. Who's is unconscious?
(b) The old, sick dog.
(d) No one.
11. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
(a) For Paulina to open the door.
(b) For Paulina to let him shoot Roberto.
(c) Nothing; he's still asleep.
(d) For Paulina to go ahead and shoot Roberto.
12. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
(d) Peanut butter and jelly.
13. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
(a) Shut the door on the divisions and hatreds of the past.
(b) Punish only those in authority.
(c) Fail to find anybody responsible.
(d) Change their minds about offering amnesty.
14. What is the name of the man who gave Gerardo a ride home?
(a) Roberto Miranda.
(b) Paco Jueves.
(c) Jose Guevera.
(d) Jose Companera.
15. What does Paulina threaten to do if Gerardo goes to the police?
(a) To shoot the police if they come there.
(b) To shoot Gerardo.
(c) To kill herself.
(d) To shoot Roberto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
2. When Paulina exits Roberto's room, what does she do?
3. After Paulina is gone, how does the stage appear?
4. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
5. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)