|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the car's jack?
(a) It broke under the weight of the car.
(b) The car never had a jack.
(c) Paulina lent it to her mother.
(d) It was stolen last year.
2. From where has Paulina phoned the garage?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Her bedroom phone.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A pay phone.
3. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
(a) To Roberto's door.
(b) Out the front door.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To Gerardo's door.
4. Why were Gerardo and Paulina frightened by a visitor in the middle of the night?
(a) They are afraid Paulina's mother is hurt.
(b) It used to mean they might be arrested.
(c) They think Gerardo's sister is in the hospital.
(d) Paulina's father died when he answered the door at night.
5. Who is the first person to speak in this scene?
(c) No one; there is no dialogue in this scene.
6. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
(a) Change their minds about offering amnesty.
(b) Shut the door on the divisions and hatreds of the past.
(c) Fail to find anybody responsible.
(d) Punish only those in authority.
7. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
(a) Not sharing toothbrushes.
(b) Who will be exposed as former torturers.
(c) About whether Paulina will know a strange man is sleeping in the house.
(d) Finding the jack in the morning.
8. Who does Roberto mention as being gone at the moment?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) His dog.
(c) No one.
(d) His wife and kids.
9. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
(b) The small bedside table.
(c) A body.
(d) A dead dog.
10. What kind of clothing does Paulina pull out of the drawer?
(a) Bright red pajamas.
(b) Boxer shorts.
(c) No clothing.
(d) Probably stockings.
11. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) A gun.
(d) A ledger book.
12. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are given full scholarships.
(c) They are kicked out of school.
(d) They are asked to serve in the military.
13. What does Roberto have in the trunk of his car?
(a) A dead body.
(b) The spare tire to Gerardo's and Paulina's car.
(c) Some bootlegged whiskey.
(d) A kilo of cocaine.
14. What is Roberto's attitude about Gerardo's upcoming role on the commission?
15. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she knows Roberto.
(b) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
(c) That she is bi-polar.
(d) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paulina feel when she hears Death and the Maiden at a friend's house?
2. What happens after Gerardo and Paulina go to bed?
3. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
4. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
5. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)