|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
(d) Peanut butter and jelly.
2. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
(a) To congratulate Gerardo on his appointment.
(b) To see if he could stay the night.
(c) To demand his jack back.
(d) To ask if Paulina could meet with his wife.
3. What does Gerardo say his wife fails to do?
(a) Pick up their son at day care.
(b) Cook the filet mignon correctly.
(c) Get the oil changed in the car.
(d) Fix the spare.
4. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
(a) She cowers under the covers shaking.
(b) She tells Gerardo to make him leave.
(c) She calls the police to have Roberto forcibly removed from her house.
(d) She does not go out to meet him when he comes in the house.
5. How does Gerardo respond to the offer of the appointment?
(a) Pressured to accept.
(b) Says he has to consult his wife.
(c) Worried he won't be able to do a good job.
6. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
(a) Finding the jack in the morning.
(b) Not sharing toothbrushes.
(c) Who will be exposed as former torturers.
(d) About whether Paulina will know a strange man is sleeping in the house.
7. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(b) To be on the commission also.
(c) That he stay there for the night.
(d) To go to the horse races next weekend.
8. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) The small bedside table.
(d) A body.
9. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
(b) The affair Roberto is having.
(c) Her infatuation for Roberto.
(d) Her knowledge of Roberto's secret files.
10. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(b) A trial judge from the United States.
(c) A people's rights group.
(d) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
11. To what has Gerardo just been appointed?
(a) Supreme court judgeship.
(b) Leader of the union.
(c) New soccer commisioner.
(d) A government commission.
12. What does Paulina call Roberto?
(a) Dr. Miranda.
(b) Mr. Lopez.
(c) Dr. Hernandez.
(d) A bastard.
13. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
(b) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(c) He knew her father would be arrested.
(d) He thought she'd be angry.
14. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
(a) Christiana Lopez.
(b) Ana Maria Miranda.
(c) Consuelo Hernandez.
(d) Eliza Perez.
15. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To introduce baseball to the country.
(b) To write a new constitution.
(c) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
(d) To bring in more North American business to the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
2. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
3. What does Roberto say?
4. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
5. When Paulina exits Roberto's room, what does she do?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)