|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
2. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) A job.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A cognac.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
3. What is the lighting of the stage in this scene?
(a) The stage is completely black.
(b) Very bright.
(c) Lighted with strobe lights.
(d) Darker than the first two scenes.
4. Gerardo wife replies to Gerardo's accusation by saying what?
(a) She was too busy ironing his shirts.
(b) She was through with his criticisms.
(c) Her responsibility is the house; his is the car.
(d) She had a big presentation at work and couldn't do it.
5. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
(c) A police officer.
6. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
(b) That she is bi-polar.
(c) That she knows Roberto.
(d) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
7. What does Roberto have in the trunk of his car?
(a) The spare tire to Gerardo's and Paulina's car.
(b) A kilo of cocaine.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Some bootlegged whiskey.
8. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
(a) Her stupidity in not being able to think of a better way to gag him.
(b) That she wants to have a sexual relationship with him.
(c) Her practical nature in not wanting to dirty a clean towel.
(d) Her disgust for him.
9. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) A wad of duck tape.
(b) A bandana.
(c) Her panties.
(d) A kitchen towel.
10. Who is the first person to speak in this scene?
(d) No one; there is no dialogue in this scene.
11. What is the occupation of the person in the answer to question #78?
12. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He knew her father would be arrested.
(b) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
(c) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(d) He thought she'd be angry.
13. What has been offered to past political criminals?
(a) Community service instead of prison.
(b) A reduced sentence for snitching.
(d) The opportunity to commit suicide instead of being hanged.
14. What happens to Gerardo's car?
(a) The fan belt broke.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) The warranty expires.
(d) A flat tire.
15. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
(a) She cowers under the covers shaking.
(b) She does not go out to meet him when he comes in the house.
(c) She calls the police to have Roberto forcibly removed from her house.
(d) She tells Gerardo to make him leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's is unconscious?
2. Why is Gerardo apologetic?
3. Where is the person in question #1 sitting?
4. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
5. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)