|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person on the stage when the play opens?
(a) Roberto Miranda.
(b) Gerardo Escobar.
(d) Paulina Salas.
2. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gunshot.
(d) A muffled cry.
3. How does Gerardo act when Paulina is explaining about the car jack?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He is sputtering.
(d) He can't hear her.
4. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
(a) The front door knob so the door won't open.
(c) A body.
(d) A red cushion.
5. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
(a) She does not go out to meet him when he comes in the house.
(b) She cowers under the covers shaking.
(c) She calls the police to have Roberto forcibly removed from her house.
(d) She tells Gerardo to make him leave.
6. What happens as the dawn comes?
(a) Roberto awakes.
(b) Gerardo is cooking bacon.
(c) Police are knocking on the door.
(d) Roberto's wife calls him on his cell phone.
7. What is Roberto's attitude about Gerardo's upcoming role on the commission?
8. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
(a) To see if he could stay the night.
(b) To ask if Paulina could meet with his wife.
(c) To demand his jack back.
(d) To congratulate Gerardo on his appointment.
9. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
(a) That they would all end up dead.
(b) That the truth will be learned from them.
(c) That they will be forgiven.
(d) That they go to prison for a long time.
10. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
(a) A police officer.
11. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
(a) Out the front door.
(b) To Gerardo's door.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To Roberto's door.
12. What has been offered to past political criminals?
(a) The opportunity to commit suicide instead of being hanged.
(b) Community service instead of prison.
(d) A reduced sentence for snitching.
13. What does Roberto have in the trunk of his car?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A kilo of cocaine.
(c) Some bootlegged whiskey.
(d) The spare tire to Gerardo's and Paulina's car.
14. From where has Paulina phoned the garage?
(a) The cellar.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A pay phone.
(d) Her bedroom phone.
15. What does Paulina say there is none of in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
2. Why is Gerardo apologetic?
3. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
4. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
5. What does Paulina do with the keys?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)