|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
(a) That the truth will be learned from them.
(b) That they go to prison for a long time.
(c) That they will be forgiven.
(d) That they would all end up dead.
2. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
(a) That she heard the two men's entire conversation.
(b) That Gerardo's sister had called.
(c) That she is not feeling well.
(d) That she has been asleep.
3. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
(a) Shut the door on the divisions and hatreds of the past.
(b) Punish only those in authority.
(c) Change their minds about offering amnesty.
(d) Fail to find anybody responsible.
4. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A cognac.
(c) A job.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
5. Where is the person in question #1 sitting?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) On the terrace.
(c) In the President's office.
(d) In the kitchen.
6. Where is Paulina's mother going?
(a) Traveling South.
(b) To Buenos Aires.
(c) To the opera.
(d) To Canada.
7. Why were Gerardo and Paulina frightened by a visitor in the middle of the night?
(a) They think Gerardo's sister is in the hospital.
(b) It used to mean they might be arrested.
(c) They are afraid Paulina's mother is hurt.
(d) Paulina's father died when he answered the door at night.
8. Why is Gerardo apologetic?
(a) He is quite late for dinner.
(b) He forgot to pick up the dry cleaning.
(c) He burns dinner.
(d) He forgot to pick his wife up at the airport.
9. What happens after Gerardo and Paulina go to bed?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) The water pipe in the bath breaks.
(c) Someone drives up, gets out of a car, and knocks on the door.
(d) They fall asleep with the light on.
10. After Paulina is gone, how does the stage appear?
(a) The strobe lights come on again.
(b) Lighted with multi-directional lights.
(c) Glowing with the red of the sunset showing through the windows.
(d) Completely dark.
11. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) A ledger book.
(c) A gun.
(d) A thousand dollars.
12. Where does Paulina find Roberto's keys?
(a) On the bedside table.
(b) On the kitchen table.
(c) In his jacket.
(d) In his pants pocket.
13. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
(a) That they are just for show.
(b) That they will fail to carry out punishments.
(c) That they will be hard-core.
(d) That they will be ineffective.
14. When Paulina exits Roberto's room, what does she do?
(a) Locks Gerardo in his room.
(b) Cooks breakfast.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Wipes up blood from her shoes.
15. From where did Paulina get the tape?
(a) From Gerardo's glove compartment.
(b) Paulina's private collection of music.
(c) The local music store.
(d) Roberto's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
2. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
3. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
4. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
5. What is Paulina considering doing?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)