|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
(a) Grease from changing the spare tire.
(b) The death of innocent men.
(c) Many duties and worries.
(d) Lots of free time.
2. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
(b) The cat.
(c) No one.
(d) The teenager next door.
3. What does Gerardo say his wife fails to do?
(a) Fix the spare.
(b) Get the oil changed in the car.
(c) Cook the filet mignon correctly.
(d) Pick up their son at day care.
4. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
5. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
(a) That they will fail to carry out punishments.
(b) That they will be ineffective.
(c) That they are just for show.
(d) That they will be hard-core.
6. What has been offered to past political criminals?
(a) The opportunity to commit suicide instead of being hanged.
(b) A reduced sentence for snitching.
(d) Community service instead of prison.
7. What has Roberto heard?
(a) That Gerardo has been appointed to the Investigating commission.
(b) That Gerardo is moving to Buenas Aires.
(c) That Paulina and Gerardo are divorcing.
(d) That the President has been shot.
8. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
(a) Her practical nature in not wanting to dirty a clean towel.
(b) Her stupidity in not being able to think of a better way to gag him.
(c) Her disgust for him.
(d) That she wants to have a sexual relationship with him.
9. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
(a) She pounds on it.
(b) She doesn't go to the guest bedroom door.
(c) She listens outside the door.
(d) She shoots through the door.
10. How does Gerardo respond to the offer of the appointment?
(a) Pressured to accept.
(c) Says he has to consult his wife.
(d) Worried he won't be able to do a good job.
11. Who's is unconscious?
(b) No one.
(d) The old, sick dog.
12. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she knows Roberto.
(b) That she is bi-polar.
(c) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
(d) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
13. To what has Gerardo just been appointed?
(a) New soccer commisioner.
(b) Supreme court judgeship.
(c) A government commission.
(d) Leader of the union.
14. In Paulina's talk to Roberto, where does she say Gerardo was waiting for her?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At home.
(c) At the university.
(d) At the psycho unit.
15. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A job.
(c) A cognac.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
2. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
3. What would be an accurate word to describe Paulina's past?
4. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
5. What does Gerardo call their argument?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)