|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
(b) A cognac.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A job.
2. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A scream.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A muffled cry.
3. What could the lighting on the stage in this act mean?
(a) The disco is trying to entertain the dancers.
(b) The dark nature of the theme of the play.
(c) The humorous actions of the characters.
(d) The fact that Paulina is trying to conserve electricity.
4. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are kicked out of school.
(c) They are asked to serve in the military.
(d) They are given full scholarships.
5. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
6. How does Gerardo respond to the offer of the appointment?
(a) Pressured to accept.
(b) Worried he won't be able to do a good job.
(d) Says he has to consult his wife.
7. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
(b) A people's rights group.
(c) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(d) A trial judge from the United States.
8. Why were Gerardo and Paulina frightened by a visitor in the middle of the night?
(a) Paulina's father died when he answered the door at night.
(b) It used to mean they might be arrested.
(c) They think Gerardo's sister is in the hospital.
(d) They are afraid Paulina's mother is hurt.
9. What does the character in #1's answer grab when hearing a car?
(a) The telephone.
(b) Dinner out of the oven.
(c) A gun.
(d) A pair of binoculars.
10. Where is the person in question #1 sitting?
(a) On the terrace.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the President's office.
11. Who is the first person to speak in this scene?
(c) No one; there is no dialogue in this scene.
12. What is the name of the man who gave Gerardo a ride home?
(a) Jose Companera.
(b) Paco Jueves.
(c) Roberto Miranda.
(d) Jose Guevera.
13. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
(a) A show they both saw on Broadway.
(b) Getting a flat tire with no jack available.
(c) The reason for the formation of the commission.
(d) Never understanding women.
14. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
(a) Her disgust for him.
(b) That she wants to have a sexual relationship with him.
(c) Her stupidity in not being able to think of a better way to gag him.
(d) Her practical nature in not wanting to dirty a clean towel.
15. What does Gerardo call their argument?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) An absurd discussion.
(c) A prelude to love.
(d) They are not arguing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
2. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
3. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
4. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
5. What does Paulina do with the keys?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)