|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) A trial judge from the United States.
(b) A people's rights group.
(c) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(d) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
2. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
(a) Confused by his wife's obvious hostility to Roberto.
(b) Manipulative because he suspects Roberto's past.
(c) Innocent of knowing anything about Roberto's past.
(d) Hopeful that Roberto will join the commission.
3. Who is the first person on the stage when the play opens?
(a) Paulina Salas.
(c) Roberto Miranda.
(d) Gerardo Escobar.
4. From where has Paulina phoned the garage?
(a) A pay phone.
(b) The cellar.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) Her bedroom phone.
5. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
(b) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(c) Beatles' Abby Road.
(d) Handel's Messiah.
6. What does Paulina threaten to do if Gerardo goes to the police?
(a) To kill herself.
(b) To shoot the police if they come there.
(c) To shoot Gerardo.
(d) To shoot Roberto.
7. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
8. Who is knocking at the door?
(a) Paulina's mother.
(b) Roberto Miranda.
(c) Gerardo's sister.
(d) A policeman.
9. Who's is unconscious?
(b) The old, sick dog.
(d) No one.
10. What is Roberto's attitude about Gerardo's upcoming role on the commission?
11. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
(a) Roberto untying himself.
(b) The dog biting Roberto.
(c) A set of headlights playing across the room.
(d) Gerardo untying Roberto.
12. To what does Paulina have an aversion?
(b) The field of medicine.
13. To what has Gerardo just been appointed?
(a) A government commission.
(b) Leader of the union.
(c) New soccer commisioner.
(d) Supreme court judgeship.
14. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He knew her father would be arrested.
(b) He thought she'd be angry.
(c) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(d) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
15. What happened to the car's jack?
(a) The car never had a jack.
(b) It was stolen last year.
(c) It broke under the weight of the car.
(d) Paulina lent it to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
2. How does Paulina feel when she hears Death and the Maiden at a friend's house?
3. Why were Gerardo and Paulina frightened by a visitor in the middle of the night?
4. What is the lighting of the stage in this scene?
5. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)