|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paulina considering doing?
(a) Calling the police.
(b) Going to get Gerardo out of bed.
(c) Calling Roberto's wife.
(d) Reapplying to go back to college.
2. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
(a) For Paulina to let him shoot Roberto.
(b) Nothing; he's still asleep.
(c) For Paulina to open the door.
(d) For Paulina to go ahead and shoot Roberto.
3. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
(a) Innocent of knowing anything about Roberto's past.
(b) Hopeful that Roberto will join the commission.
(c) Confused by his wife's obvious hostility to Roberto.
(d) Manipulative because he suspects Roberto's past.
4. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A gun.
(b) A ledger book.
(c) A pocketknife.
(d) A thousand dollars.
5. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
(a) To demand his jack back.
(b) To congratulate Gerardo on his appointment.
(c) To ask if Paulina could meet with his wife.
(d) To see if he could stay the night.
6. What does Roberto have in the trunk of his car?
(a) The spare tire to Gerardo's and Paulina's car.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Some bootlegged whiskey.
(d) A kilo of cocaine.
7. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are given full scholarships.
(c) They are asked to serve in the military.
(d) They are kicked out of school.
8. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
(b) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(c) He knew her father would be arrested.
(d) He thought she'd be angry.
9. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To be on the commission also.
(b) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(c) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(d) That he stay there for the night.
10. From where did Paulina get the tape?
(a) From Gerardo's glove compartment.
(b) Paulina's private collection of music.
(c) The local music store.
(d) Roberto's car.
11. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
(a) A mention of Paulina cooking breakfast.
(b) Roberto is adament about not staying.
(c) Roberto is almost out of gas and stations are closed.
(d) An offer to drive Roberto to the city in the morning.
12. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) A bandana.
(b) A wad of duck tape.
(c) A kitchen towel.
(d) Her panties.
13. Who's is unconscious?
(b) The old, sick dog.
(d) No one.
14. What does Gerardo say his wife fails to do?
(a) Get the oil changed in the car.
(b) Fix the spare.
(c) Cook the filet mignon correctly.
(d) Pick up their son at day care.
15. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
(b) Handel's Messiah.
(c) Beatles' Abby Road.
(d) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
2. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
3. What has been offered to past political criminals?
4. When will Paulina remove Roberto's gag?
5. Who is the first person on the stage when the play opens?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)