|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paulina holding when the audience first sees her in the scene?
(a) A knife.
(b) The morning newspaper.
(c) A gun.
(d) Breakfast for Roberto.
2. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina after she tells him that Roberto is the man who tortured her?
(a) If she is certain.
(b) If she is in love with Roberto.
(c) For the gun.
(d) If she wants him to kill Roberto.
3. What happens after Gerardo and Paulina go to bed?
(a) They fall asleep with the light on.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) The water pipe in the bath breaks.
(d) Someone drives up, gets out of a car, and knocks on the door.
4. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
(b) A red cushion.
(c) The front door knob so the door won't open.
(d) A body.
5. Who invites the person in the car in for a drink?
(a) No one invites the driver inside.
(b) Gerardo Escobar.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) Paulina Salas.
6. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
(a) It is not known where she is.
(b) Sleeping in the bed with Gerardo.
(c) Sitting in front of Roberto.
(d) She hasn't returned from driving off.
7. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly.
8. Where is the person in question #1 sitting?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the terrace.
(d) In the President's office.
9. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
(a) No one.
(b) The cat.
(c) The teenager next door.
10. What has Roberto heard?
(a) That the President has been shot.
(b) That Paulina and Gerardo are divorcing.
(c) That Gerardo has been appointed to the Investigating commission.
(d) That Gerardo is moving to Buenas Aires.
11. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
12. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) A job.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cognac.
13. What does Gerardo confess to Paulina with some coaxing?
(a) That he has already accepted the offer of being on the commission.
(b) That he got the jack back already from his mother-in-law.
(c) That he is having an affair.
(d) That he isn't really angry about the car spare tire.
14. What does Paulina do with the keys?
(a) Drives away in Roberto's car.
(b) Hits Roberto in the face with them.
(c) Hides them in the kitchen.
(d) Throws them over the balcony into the lake.
15. What is Roberto's attitude about Gerardo's upcoming role on the commission?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
2. Why is Gerardo apologetic?
3. What does Paulina threaten to do if Gerardo goes to the police?
4. Why is the stage lighting the way it was?
5. What does Roberto have in the trunk of his car?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)