|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of clothing does Paulina pull out of the drawer?
(a) No clothing.
(b) Bright red pajamas.
(c) Probably stockings.
(d) Boxer shorts.
2. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
(a) Never understanding women.
(b) A show they both saw on Broadway.
(c) The reason for the formation of the commission.
(d) Getting a flat tire with no jack available.
3. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
(a) The cat.
(b) The teenager next door.
(d) No one.
4. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A muffled cry.
(b) A scream.
(d) A gunshot.
5. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A ledger book.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) A pocketknife.
(d) A gun.
6. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) A kitchen towel.
(b) Her panties.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A wad of duck tape.
7. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To be on the commission also.
(b) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(c) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(d) That he stay there for the night.
8. What is the occupation of the person in the answer to question #78?
9. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) A trial judge from the United States.
(b) A people's rights group.
(c) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
(d) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
10. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
(a) That she wants to have a sexual relationship with him.
(b) Her practical nature in not wanting to dirty a clean towel.
(c) Her stupidity in not being able to think of a better way to gag him.
(d) Her disgust for him.
11. Who does Paulina blame for her not finishing school?
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Dr. Miranda.
12. What does Paulina say about Schubert?
(a) That he was the most prolific of the Classical masters.
(b) That he was probably a homosexual.
(c) That he committed suicide.
(d) That he was the greatest of the Classical masters.
13. To what does Paulina have an aversion?
(b) The field of medicine.
14. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
15. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
(a) That she is happy that Gerardo invites Roberto to stay over.
(b) That she is not honorable because she is eavesdropping.
(c) That she knows Roberto.
(d) That she is bi-polar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina do with the keys?
2. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
3. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
4. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
5. Who invites the person in the car in for a drink?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)