|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(b) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(c) That he stay there for the night.
(d) To be on the commission also.
2. What does Paulina say there is none of in the house?
3. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
(a) The reason for the formation of the commission.
(b) Getting a flat tire with no jack available.
(c) Never understanding women.
(d) A show they both saw on Broadway.
4. From where has Paulina phoned the garage?
(a) Her bedroom phone.
(b) The cellar.
(c) A pay phone.
(d) A friend's house.
5. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) Handel's Messiah.
(b) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
(c) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(d) Beatles' Abby Road.
6. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
(a) A body.
(b) The small bedside table.
(d) A dead dog.
7. When will Paulina remove Roberto's gag?
(a) When she is ready to shoot Roberto so she can hear him beg for his life.
(b) When Roberto is ready to confess.
(c) When Gerardo is awake.
(d) She is not willing to ever remove the gag.
8. How does Gerardo act when Paulina is explaining about the car jack?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is sputtering.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He can't hear her.
9. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
(a) Roberto untying himself.
(b) Gerardo untying Roberto.
(c) A set of headlights playing across the room.
(d) The dog biting Roberto.
10. What is the lighting of the stage in this scene?
(a) The stage is completely black.
(b) Darker than the first two scenes.
(c) Very bright.
(d) Lighted with strobe lights.
11. What is Paulina holding when the audience first sees her in the scene?
(a) Breakfast for Roberto.
(b) The morning newspaper.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
12. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
(b) Drinking a whole bottle of scotch.
(c) Staying up all night watching movies.
(d) His poker buddies.
13. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
(a) Who will be exposed as former torturers.
(b) Not sharing toothbrushes.
(c) About whether Paulina will know a strange man is sleeping in the house.
(d) Finding the jack in the morning.
14. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
(a) That the truth will be learned from them.
(b) That they would all end up dead.
(c) That they will be forgiven.
(d) That they go to prison for a long time.
15. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To introduce baseball to the country.
(b) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
(c) To write a new constitution.
(d) To bring in more North American business to the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
2. What does Gerardo confess to Paulina with some coaxing?
3. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
4. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
5. What does Gerardo do to calm Paulina?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)