|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
(a) She shoots through the door.
(b) She listens outside the door.
(c) She pounds on it.
(d) She doesn't go to the guest bedroom door.
2. What does Gerardo call their argument?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) A prelude to love.
(c) They are not arguing.
(d) An absurd discussion.
3. What happens to Gerardo's car?
(a) A flat tire.
(b) The warranty expires.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) The fan belt broke.
4. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
(a) To congratulate Gerardo on his appointment.
(b) To ask if Paulina could meet with his wife.
(c) To demand his jack back.
(d) To see if he could stay the night.
5. What does Paulina drag out of the guest bedroom?
(a) A body.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) The small bedside table.
6. When will Paulina remove Roberto's gag?
(a) When Roberto is ready to confess.
(b) She is not willing to ever remove the gag.
(c) When she is ready to shoot Roberto so she can hear him beg for his life.
(d) When Gerardo is awake.
7. What is Paulina considering doing?
(a) Calling the police.
(b) Going to get Gerardo out of bed.
(c) Calling Roberto's wife.
(d) Reapplying to go back to college.
8. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
(a) She hasn't returned from driving off.
(b) It is not known where she is.
(c) Sitting in front of Roberto.
(d) Sleeping in the bed with Gerardo.
9. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
(a) Her infatuation for Roberto.
(b) The affair Roberto is having.
(c) Her knowledge of Roberto's secret files.
10. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
(b) A police officer.
11. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) Beatles' Abby Road.
(b) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
(c) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(d) Handel's Messiah.
12. Why is Gerardo apologetic?
(a) He forgot to pick up the dry cleaning.
(b) He burns dinner.
(c) He forgot to pick his wife up at the airport.
(d) He is quite late for dinner.
13. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
(a) Lots of free time.
(b) The death of innocent men.
(c) Grease from changing the spare tire.
(d) Many duties and worries.
14. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A muffled cry.
(c) A scream.
15. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
(a) Change their minds about offering amnesty.
(b) Shut the door on the divisions and hatreds of the past.
(c) Punish only those in authority.
(d) Fail to find anybody responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
2. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
3. Why is the stage lighting the way it was?
4. Where does Paulina find Roberto's keys?
5. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)