|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo do to calm Paulina?
(a) Givers her a tranquilizer.
(b) Gives her a Tom Colllins.
(c) Locks her in her bedroom.
(d) Takes her in his arms.
2. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
(b) Peanut butter and jelly.
3. Who is knocking at the door?
(a) Roberto Miranda.
(b) Gerardo's sister.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Paulina's mother.
4. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
(a) The cat.
(b) No one.
(d) The teenager next door.
5. What does Gerardo call their argument?
(a) A prelude to love.
(b) Verbal abuse.
(c) They are not arguing.
(d) An absurd discussion.
6. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
(a) Consuelo Hernandez.
(b) Christiana Lopez.
(c) Ana Maria Miranda.
(d) Eliza Perez.
7. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
8. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
(a) A set of headlights playing across the room.
(b) Roberto untying himself.
(c) The dog biting Roberto.
(d) Gerardo untying Roberto.
9. How does Gerardo act when Paulina is explaining about the car jack?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He can't hear her.
(d) He is sputtering.
10. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
(a) An offer to drive Roberto to the city in the morning.
(b) A mention of Paulina cooking breakfast.
(c) Roberto is almost out of gas and stations are closed.
(d) Roberto is adament about not staying.
11. What has been offered to past political criminals?
(b) The opportunity to commit suicide instead of being hanged.
(c) Community service instead of prison.
(d) A reduced sentence for snitching.
12. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(b) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
(c) A people's rights group.
(d) A trial judge from the United States.
13. What happened to the car's jack?
(a) Paulina lent it to her mother.
(b) It was stolen last year.
(c) It broke under the weight of the car.
(d) The car never had a jack.
14. How does Paulina feel when she hears Death and the Maiden at a friend's house?
15. Who's is unconscious?
(a) No one.
(c) The old, sick dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the stage lighting the way it was?
2. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
3. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
4. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
5. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)