|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerardo respond to the offer of the appointment?
(a) Says he has to consult his wife.
(c) Pressured to accept.
(d) Worried he won't be able to do a good job.
2. Who is the first person on the stage when the play opens?
(a) Gerardo Escobar.
(b) Paulina Salas.
(d) Roberto Miranda.
3. What is Gerardo yelling through the bedroom door?
(a) For Paulina to let him shoot Roberto.
(b) For Paulina to go ahead and shoot Roberto.
(c) Nothing; he's still asleep.
(d) For Paulina to open the door.
4. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(b) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
(c) Beatles' Abby Road.
(d) Handel's Messiah.
5. What kind of sandwich does Paulina offer Roberto?
(b) Peanut butter and jelly.
6. What happens to many students when the military was in control of the country?
(a) They are asked to serve in the military.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are kicked out of school.
(d) They are given full scholarships.
7. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
(a) The death of innocent men.
(b) Grease from changing the spare tire.
(c) Lots of free time.
(d) Many duties and worries.
8. What is the lighting of the stage in this scene?
(a) Very bright.
(b) The stage is completely black.
(c) Darker than the first two scenes.
(d) Lighted with strobe lights.
9. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) Her panties.
(b) A kitchen towel.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A wad of duck tape.
10. Where does Paulina find Roberto's keys?
(a) On the bedside table.
(b) In his jacket.
(c) On the kitchen table.
(d) In his pants pocket.
11. Who does Roberto mention as being gone at the moment?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife and kids.
(d) No one.
12. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
(a) Manipulative because he suspects Roberto's past.
(b) Confused by his wife's obvious hostility to Roberto.
(c) Innocent of knowing anything about Roberto's past.
(d) Hopeful that Roberto will join the commission.
13. What is heard from Roberto's room?
(a) A scream.
(b) A muffled cry.
(d) A gunshot.
14. What is hidden in the drawer?
(a) A gun.
(b) A ledger book.
(c) A thousand dollars.
(d) A pocketknife.
15. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
(a) She doesn't go to the guest bedroom door.
(b) She listens outside the door.
(c) She shoots through the door.
(d) She pounds on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Paulina have an aversion?
2. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
3. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
4. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
5. What has Roberto heard?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)