|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
(a) That she is not feeling well.
(b) That Gerardo's sister had called.
(c) That she heard the two men's entire conversation.
(d) That she has been asleep.
2. What is Paulina considering doing?
(a) Reapplying to go back to college.
(b) Calling Roberto's wife.
(c) Going to get Gerardo out of bed.
(d) Calling the police.
3. What does Paulina say there is none of in the house?
4. Why is it likely Paulina does not want to encounter Roberto?
(a) She does not go out to meet him when he comes in the house.
(b) She tells Gerardo to make him leave.
(c) She cowers under the covers shaking.
(d) She calls the police to have Roberto forcibly removed from her house.
5. What would be an accurate word to describe Paulina's past?
(c) She has amnesia and doesn't know about her past.
6. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) Handel's Messiah.
(b) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(c) Beatles' Abby Road.
(d) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
7. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
(a) A police officer.
8. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
(a) Change their minds about offering amnesty.
(b) Punish only those in authority.
(c) Fail to find anybody responsible.
(d) Shut the door on the divisions and hatreds of the past.
9. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
(a) The teenager next door.
(c) The cat.
(d) No one.
10. Gerardo wife replies to Gerardo's accusation by saying what?
(a) She was too busy ironing his shirts.
(b) She was through with his criticisms.
(c) She had a big presentation at work and couldn't do it.
(d) Her responsibility is the house; his is the car.
11. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
(a) Christiana Lopez.
(b) Consuelo Hernandez.
(c) Ana Maria Miranda.
(d) Eliza Perez.
12. What does Paulina tie to the chair?
(a) The front door knob so the door won't open.
(b) A red cushion.
(d) A body.
13. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
(a) Her infatuation for Roberto.
(c) Her knowledge of Roberto's secret files.
(d) The affair Roberto is having.
14. One is one explanation for Paulina's actions to Roberto?
(c) She's always wanted to tie up a man and slap him around.
(d) They are going to play a joke on Gerardo.
15. What does Gerardo confess to Paulina with some coaxing?
(a) That he got the jack back already from his mother-in-law.
(b) That he is having an affair.
(c) That he isn't really angry about the car spare tire.
(d) That he has already accepted the offer of being on the commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerardo say his wife fails to do?
2. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
3. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
4. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
5. Who does Roberto mention as being gone at the moment?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)