|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo call their argument?
(a) They are not arguing.
(b) A prelude to love.
(c) Verbal abuse.
(d) An absurd discussion.
2. What does Roberto suggest that Gerardo will have on his hands soon?
(a) Many duties and worries.
(b) The death of innocent men.
(c) Grease from changing the spare tire.
(d) Lots of free time.
3. After Paulina is gone, how does the stage appear?
(a) Completely dark.
(b) Lighted with multi-directional lights.
(c) Glowing with the red of the sunset showing through the windows.
(d) The strobe lights come on again.
4. What does Paulina do with the keys?
(a) Hides them in the kitchen.
(b) Drives away in Roberto's car.
(c) Hits Roberto in the face with them.
(d) Throws them over the balcony into the lake.
5. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
(a) A set of headlights playing across the room.
(b) Gerardo untying Roberto.
(c) Roberto untying himself.
(d) The dog biting Roberto.
6. Where is Paulina's mother going?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To Canada.
(c) Traveling South.
(d) To Buenos Aires.
7. What is the purpose of the commission?
(a) To write a new constitution.
(b) To introduce baseball to the country.
(c) To seek out those who are now considered criminals from the previous dictator's regime.
(d) To bring in more North American business to the country.
8. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(b) To be on the commission also.
(c) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(d) That he stay there for the night.
9. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
10. Why is Gerardo apologetic?
(a) He is quite late for dinner.
(b) He burns dinner.
(c) He forgot to pick his wife up at the airport.
(d) He forgot to pick up the dry cleaning.
11. What happens to Gerardo's car?
(a) The warranty expires.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) A flat tire.
(d) The fan belt broke.
12. How does Paulina feel about the possibility of these people going to trial?
13. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
(a) That she has been asleep.
(b) That Gerardo's sister had called.
(c) That she heard the two men's entire conversation.
(d) That she is not feeling well.
14. Who is on the terrace unbeknown to Gerardo and Roberto?
(a) No one.
(b) The cat.
(c) The teenager next door.
15. What does Gerardo confess to Paulina with some coaxing?
(a) That he has already accepted the offer of being on the commission.
(b) That he is having an affair.
(c) That he got the jack back already from his mother-in-law.
(d) That he isn't really angry about the car spare tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto say he enjoys when his wife and children are away?
2. Who is the first person to speak in this scene?
3. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
4. Where is Paulina at the beginning of this scene?
5. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)