|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Gerardo and Roberto joke?
(a) Getting a flat tire with no jack available.
(b) The reason for the formation of the commission.
(c) A show they both saw on Broadway.
(d) Never understanding women.
2. Who was Paulina's friend at the University?
(a) Christiana Lopez.
(b) Consuelo Hernandez.
(c) Ana Maria Miranda.
(d) Eliza Perez.
3. Who is the first character on the stage in this scene?
(a) A police officer.
4. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To be on the commission also.
(b) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(c) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(d) That he stay there for the night.
5. What has Roberto heard?
(a) That Gerardo is moving to Buenas Aires.
(b) That the President has been shot.
(c) That Paulina and Gerardo are divorcing.
(d) That Gerardo has been appointed to the Investigating commission.
6. What is the name of the tape Paulina has in her pocket?
(a) An audio recording of How to Win Friends and Influence People.
(b) Beatles' Abby Road.
(c) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(d) Handel's Messiah.
7. What does Gerardo's wife ask him?
(a) Who drove him home.
(b) Why he is coming home today and not tomorrow.
(c) If he remembers about the party that night.
(d) What he has in his briefcase.
8. One is one explanation for Paulina's actions to Roberto?
(a) She's always wanted to tie up a man and slap him around.
(b) They are going to play a joke on Gerardo.
9. Why did Gerardo lie to Paulina about the commission position?
(a) He knew her father would be arrested.
(b) He doesn't think it was any of her business.
(c) He thought she'd be angry.
(d) He wanted to let Paulina feel that she had some say in the matter.
10. What do the two men jest about as they say goodnight.
(a) Finding the jack in the morning.
(b) About whether Paulina will know a strange man is sleeping in the house.
(c) Not sharing toothbrushes.
(d) Who will be exposed as former torturers.
11. What would be an adjective that might describe Paulina's actions at this point?
12. What is Paulina holding when the audience first sees her in the scene?
(a) Breakfast for Roberto.
(b) A knife.
(c) The morning newspaper.
(d) A gun.
13. What does Paulina threaten to do if Gerardo goes to the police?
(a) To shoot the police if they come there.
(b) To shoot Gerardo.
(c) To shoot Roberto.
(d) To kill herself.
14. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) A trial judge from the United States.
(b) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(c) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
(d) A people's rights group.
15. What does Roberto say is the real reason he stopped back at Gerardo's home?
(a) To ask if Paulina could meet with his wife.
(b) To congratulate Gerardo on his appointment.
(c) To see if he could stay the night.
(d) To demand his jack back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the fact that Paulina uses her panties to gag Roberto instead of something else symbolize?
2. Where is Paulina's mother going?
3. How does Gerardo act when Paulina is explaining about the car jack?
4. How does Paulina feel when she hears Death and the Maiden at a friend's house?
5. What is Paulina considering doing?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)