|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will preside over the trials?
(a) Three lawyers who are coming out of exile.
(b) A people's rights group.
(c) Judges, who were also presiding over courts during the dictatorship.
(d) A trial judge from the United States.
2. As Paulina drives away, what does the audience see?
(a) A set of headlights playing across the room.
(b) Gerardo untying Roberto.
(c) Roberto untying himself.
(d) The dog biting Roberto.
3. What could the lighting on the stage in this act mean?
(a) The fact that Paulina is trying to conserve electricity.
(b) The dark nature of the theme of the play.
(c) The humorous actions of the characters.
(d) The disco is trying to entertain the dancers.
4. What does Paulina stuff in Roberto's mouth.
(a) A bandana.
(b) A kitchen towel.
(c) A wad of duck tape.
(d) Her panties.
5. What kind of clothing does Paulina pull out of the drawer?
(a) No clothing.
(b) Bright red pajamas.
(c) Boxer shorts.
(d) Probably stockings.
6. When will Paulina remove Roberto's gag?
(a) When she is ready to shoot Roberto so she can hear him beg for his life.
(b) When Roberto is ready to confess.
(c) When Gerardo is awake.
(d) She is not willing to ever remove the gag.
7. What was Paulina studying in college?
8. What happened to the car's jack?
(a) Paulina lent it to her mother.
(b) The car never had a jack.
(c) It was stolen last year.
(d) It broke under the weight of the car.
9. To what has Gerardo just been appointed?
(a) A government commission.
(b) Leader of the union.
(c) New soccer commisioner.
(d) Supreme court judgeship.
10. What is Roberto's attitude about Gerardo's upcoming role on the commission?
11. What has Roberto heard?
(a) That Gerardo is moving to Buenas Aires.
(b) That Gerardo has been appointed to the Investigating commission.
(c) That the President has been shot.
(d) That Paulina and Gerardo are divorcing.
12. Where is Paulina's mother going?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To Canada.
(c) Traveling South.
(d) To Buenos Aires.
13. What does Roberto say?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he is going to have her arrested.
(c) That he does not know that name.
(d) Nothing because he is still gagged.
14. What does Paulina "slyly" mention?
(a) The affair Roberto is having.
(b) Her knowledge of Roberto's secret files.
(d) Her infatuation for Roberto.
15. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) A cognac.
(b) A job.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
2. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
3. What persuades Roberto to stay overnight at Gerardo and Paulina's home?
4. When Paulina goes to the guest bedroom door, what does she do?
5. What does Gerardo call their argument?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)