|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing Paulina wants from Roberto?
(a) His written and signed confession in her hand.
(b) A guarantee that he won't go to the police.
(c) An apology.
(d) An explanation as to why he hurt her.
2. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
(a) He has a complete nervous breakdown.
(b) He becomes certain his wife is insane and wants to commit her to an asylum.
(c) He starts really feeling sorry for Roberto.
(d) He gains his power.
3. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
(b) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(c) That she knows how far she can go.
(d) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
4. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina after she tells him that Roberto is the man who tortured her?
(a) If she is in love with Roberto.
(b) For the gun.
(c) If she is certain.
(d) If she wants him to kill Roberto.
5. Who does Paulina blame for her not finishing school?
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Dr. Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
2. Where does Paulina go after rummaging through the drawer?
3. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
4. What seems probable by Paulina's behavior while listening to the two men?
5. What is Gerardo's feelings in his offer of friendship with Roberto?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)