|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman with whom Gerardo had an affair claim?
(a) That she had also been tortured.
(b) That she was better for him than Paulina.
(c) That she could help him find Paulina.
(d) That she was with the secret police.
2. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
(a) Raped women tied to a cot.
(b) Performed human euthanesia.
(c) Gotten himself into this predicament by his actions.
(d) Assassinated the chief of police.
3. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
(a) In bed asleep.
(b) Out on the terrace.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) At the police station.
4. What happens after Gerardo and Paulina go to bed?
(a) They fall asleep with the light on.
(b) The water pipe in the bath breaks.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) Someone drives up, gets out of a car, and knocks on the door.
5. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
(b) Her sanity.
(c) The fact that she was tortured.
(d) Her real name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
2. What does Roberto wish would happen to the people the commission ferrets out?
3. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina after she tells him that Roberto is the man who tortured her?
4. What kind of clothing does Paulina pull out of the drawer?
5. What has been offered to past political criminals?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)