|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo offer Roberto?
(a) A job.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars to leave the country.
(d) A cognac.
2. What does Gerardo do to calm Paulina?
(a) Locks her in her bedroom.
(b) Givers her a tranquilizer.
(c) Takes her in his arms.
(d) Gives her a Tom Colllins.
3. What is supposed to happen on Sunday?
(a) A golf game.
(b) An invitation to drinks.
(c) Church service.
(d) Paulina mother is to return.
4. What invitation does Gerardo extend to Roberto?
(a) To go to the horse races next weekend.
(b) To be on the commission also.
(c) To accompany him and Paulina to the beach next month.
(d) That he stay there for the night.
5. What does Roberto probably believe about the commission?
(a) That they will be ineffective.
(b) That they will fail to carry out punishments.
(c) That they are just for show.
(d) That they will be hard-core.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina do with the keys?
2. One is one explanation for Paulina's actions to Roberto?
3. What does Paulina pretend when Gerardo comes back in the room?
4. What does Roberto say he hopes the commission will do?
5. What is Paulina's general demeanor during this scene?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)