|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced Anna and Eddie?
(a) Robert Pidgeon.
(c) Major Brutt.
2. How does Portia respond to Matchett's concerns about Eddie?
(a) She says that she will consider what Matchett has said.
(b) She doesn't respond to Matchett.
(c) She says that she is happy, and that's all she cares about.
(d) She asks Matchett what she knows about Eddie.
3. What happened to Anna just before she met Thomas?
(a) She suffered a miscarriage.
(b) She came back from a trip abroad.
(c) She came out of a failed relationship.
(d) Her mother died.
4. How did Major Brutt get to know Robert Pidgeon?
(a) Major Brutt worked for Robert.
(b) They were wounded and on leave together.
(c) Robert and Major Brutt are related.
(d) Robert worked for Major Brutt.
5. What did Portia's father say about Thomas and Anna's home?
(a) That he hadn't seen it, but didn't imagine that it was very nice.
(b) That he had seen it, but wasn't that impressed.
(c) That he had never seen it, but imagined it was regal and gorgeous.
(d) That he had seen it, and thought it was beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna suggest that she, Thomas, and Portia should do together?
2. Who is Portia's mother?
3. What relation is Anna to Thomas?
4. Why is Thomas surprised to see his visitor in part 1, chapter 7?
5. Where did Mr. Quayne meet Irene?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)