|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the letter stipulating that Portia was to stay with Anna and Thomas?
(b) Mr. Quayne.
(c) St. Quentin.
(d) Mrs. Quayne.
2. What does Portia ask Matchett in part 1, chapter 6?
(a) What Thomas was like as a child.
(b) What Mrs. Quayne looked like.
(c) Whether Mr. and Mrs. Quayne were happy together.
(d) What the weather was like on the day she was born.
3. What does Matchett say about Thomas and Anna's home?
(a) It has many happy memories associated with it.
(b) It has too many painful memories associated with it.
(c) It has no memories, and they have worked hard to make it so.
(d) It has no memories, and they are trying to change that.
4. Why do Anna and Thomas not want any children?
(a) They don't have enough money to support a family.
(b) Thomas doesn't like children.
(c) Anna has suffered two miscarriages.
(d) Anna doesn't like children.
5. What do Portia and her friend take a path through to get to school?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) The town centre.
(c) A farm.
(d) A park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Anna invite Major Brutt back to her home?
2. What is the school Portia attends like?
3. Who asks Major Brutt if he knows Robert Pidgeon?
4. What was the agreement that Anna and Eddie reached after Eddie got his job?
5. How long is Portia supposed to stay with Anna and Thomas?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)