|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eddie's reaction to the favor that Anna did for him?
(a) He thanked her, but continued to act oafish around her.
(b) He thanked her, and apologized for his recent behavior.
(c) He was ungrateful and callous.
(d) He never knew that it was Anna's doing.
2. Why is Anna upset about Portia's distress in part 1, chapter 2?
(a) Anna hates having someone in the house that she must pity, but can't even pretend to love.
(b) Anna feels guilty for causing Portia to be upset.
(c) Anna loves Portia, and hates seeing her upset.
(d) Anna is angry with Thomas for making Portia upset.
3. What is Anna upset with Portia about in part 1, chapter 2?
(a) Portia's relationship with Thomas.
(b) The condition of Portia's bedroom.
(c) The contents of Portia's diary.
(d) A letter Anna discovered, written to Portia by Eddie.
4. Why is Lilian at Portia's school?
(a) She fell in love with a female teacher at her former school.
(b) She fell in love with a male teacher at her former school.
(c) Her parents moved from Spain and it is the only school in the area.
(d) She is gifted and needs an accelerated course schedule.
5. Who told Matchett when Portia was born?
(c) Mr. Quayne.
(d) Mrs. Quayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia think about as she sits in front of the fire in Thomas's study?
2. How long is Portia supposed to stay with Anna and Thomas?
3. Where does Anna send Portia in part 1, chapter 2?
4. What advice does Matchett give Portia about Eddie?
5. With whom were Thomas's previous relationships usually carried out?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)