|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas work?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A railroad station.
(c) A printing company.
(d) A law firm.
2. What position does Thomas hold at his work?
(a) He is a partner and partial owner.
(b) He is a lower-level employee.
(c) He owns the company.
(d) He is a supervisor.
3. Why is Anna upset about Portia's distress in part 1, chapter 2?
(a) Anna is angry with Thomas for making Portia upset.
(b) Anna feels guilty for causing Portia to be upset.
(c) Anna hates having someone in the house that she must pity, but can't even pretend to love.
(d) Anna loves Portia, and hates seeing her upset.
4. What is the school Portia attends like?
(a) It is an expensive school for gifted children.
(b) It is a public school, and she is sent there because it is low-cost.
(c) It is an expensive school for girls who are out-of-the-ordinary.
(d) It is a low-cost school for children with learning disabilities.
5. How does Portia feel about school?
(a) She doesn't like it and gets in trouble a lot.
(b) She doesn't mind it, but isn't excited about it.
(c) She enjoys it because it's a challenge.
(d) She enjoys it because it's a break from her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eddie work?
2. How did Major Brutt get to know Robert Pidgeon?
3. What does Anna want Major Brutt to tell Robert Pidgeon?
4. Where are Anna and St. Quentin walking in part 1, chapter 1?
5. Who are the first characters introduced in the novel?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)