|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say in her letter to Eddie?
(a) That she has feelings for him, but doesn't dare tell anyone.
(b) That he should mind his own business and stay out of others' affairs.
(c) That he needs to stay away from Portia from then on.
(d) That he should be more careful about making personal phone calls at work so he doesn't get in trouble.
2. What is happening at the Quaynes' home in April?
(a) Anna and Thomas are traveling abroad.
(b) Portia is staying alone with Matchett for a week.
(c) Portia is traveling abroad.
(d) Eddie is staying with the Quaynes for a week.
3. What does Matchett think has changed about Portia while she was at Waikiki?
(a) She is more timid.
(b) She is less confident.
(c) She doesn't seem happy.
(d) She is more outspoken.
4. With whom were Thomas's previous relationships usually carried out?
(a) Young girls.
(b) Married women.
(c) Older spinsters.
(d) Thomas didn't have any relationships before Anna.
5. What makes Daphne's friends warm up to Portia?
(a) Knowledge that she is an orphan.
(b) The mention of a boyfriend.
(c) Her relationship with the Quaynes.
(d) Her outgoing personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna upset about Portia's distress in part 1, chapter 2?
2. What did Portia's mother think about Anna?
3. How does Portia know Eddie?
4. What does Eddie tell Portia is important to him?
5. How many letters does Portia receive in her first week at Waikiki?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)