|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Daphne's friends warm up to Portia?
(a) Knowledge that she is an orphan.
(b) Her outgoing personality.
(c) Her relationship with the Quaynes.
(d) The mention of a boyfriend.
2. What film are Anna, Thomas, and Portia watching in part 1, chapter 3?
(a) A silent movie.
(b) A Three Stooges film.
(c) A Marx Brothers film.
(d) News reels.
3. Whom does Anna run into as she is hailing a taxi?
(a) Major Brutt.
(c) Robert Pidgeon.
(d) Mrs. Heccomb.
4. What is the problem with Anna, according to Eddie?
(a) She likes nothing better than to make a joke of another person.
(b) She thinks she is better than everyone around her is.
(c) She is nosy, and always trying to get involved in others' affairs.
(d) She is not very intelligent, but she believes she is.
5. Why did Anna invite Major Brutt back to her home?
(a) Anna has memories of Robert Pidgeon, associated with Major Brutt.
(b) Thomas has memories of Robert Pidgeon, associated with Major Brutt.
(c) Anna has unresolved feelings for Major Brutt.
(d) Thomas is friends with Major Brutt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daphne want to know about Portia?
2. What did Mr. Bursely call Portia?
3. Who told Matchett when Portia was born?
4. How does Portia respond to Matchett's opinion about Mrs. Quayne sending Mr. Quayne away?
5. How does Portia respond to Matchett's concerns about Eddie?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)