|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which room does Portia think Eddie might stay in if he came to visit her at Waikiki?
(a) A small one, filled with cardboard boxes.
(b) Portia's room.
(c) She won't consider having him visit; it would be improper.
(d) Dickie's room.
2. What does Matchett find when she tries to fluff Portia's pillow?
(a) Portia's letter to Major Brutt.
(b) Anna's necklace that Portia stole.
(c) Portia's diary.
(d) Eddie's letter to Portia.
3. How did Matchett feel about Mrs. Quayne sending Mr. Quayne away?
(a) Matchett felt that Mrs. Quayne should have tried to work things out with Mr. Quayne.
(b) Matchett had no feelings either way.
(c) Matchett felt that it was unforgivable.
(d) Matchett sympathized with her employer.
4. What advice does Matchett give Portia about Eddie?
(a) Matchett doesn't know about Portia's relationship with Eddie.
(b) She says that as long as Portia is happy, that's what matters.
(c) She says that Portia should date Eddie if she wants, but that she should be careful.
(d) She tells Portia that Eddie is not good for her, and that she should stay away from him.
5. When does Matchett come to wish Portia goodnight?
(a) When Matchett is working late.
(b) Every night.
(c) When the Quaynes are out.
(d) When Portia is not feeling well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia ask Matchett in part 1, chapter 6?
2. Who told Matchett when Portia was born?
3. What does Anna do as soon as she returns home from her trip abroad?
4. What color is the dress Portia wears to Daphne's dance party?
5. What does Matchett think has changed about Portia while she was at Waikiki?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)