|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Portia's father say about Thomas and Anna's home?
(a) That he hadn't seen it, but didn't imagine that it was very nice.
(b) That he had never seen it, but imagined it was regal and gorgeous.
(c) That he had seen it, and thought it was beautiful.
(d) That he had seen it, but wasn't that impressed.
2. Why does Dickie ask Portia to dance?
(a) Because he likes Portia.
(b) Because he wants to make Clara jealous.
(c) Because he wants to annoy his sister.
(d) Because he thinks Portia might be lonely.
3. Why is Portia almost hit by a car on her walk with Thomas?
(a) She is lost in her own thoughts, and looking at the ground.
(b) She is deliberately taking risks because she is depressed.
(c) She is staring at someone across the street.
(d) She looks up and waves at the window where Anna is standing.
4. What does Anna do as soon as she returns home from her trip abroad?
(a) She retires to her room.
(b) She starts cleaning.
(c) She calls Major Brutt.
(d) She starts complaining.
5. How does Portia respond to Matchett's opinion about Mrs. Quayne sending Mr. Quayne away?
(a) She tells Matchett that they were happy, and that Matchett should not be angry with Mrs. Quayne.
(b) She doesn't say anything.
(c) She agrees that she and her mother would have been happier without Mr. Quayne.
(d) She agrees with Matchett, that the moving around was what led to her father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Parker?
2. Which room does Portia think Eddie might stay in if he came to visit her at Waikiki?
3. What does Matchett say about Thomas and Anna's home?
4. What did Portia's mother think about Anna?
5. What did Mrs. Quayne do when she received the news that Portia had been born?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)