|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie use to hack off the tree's thorns?
(a) A hunting knife
(b) An ax
(c) A saw
(d) A machete
2. What is pursuing the female rhino through the camp?
(a) A leopard
(b) Two male rhinos
(c) A hippo
(d) A lioness
3. Who do safaris provide rhino hunts to?
(a) Female clients
(b) African clients
(c) Rich and stupid clients
(d) Experienced clients
4. Who replaces Silent on the hunt?
5. Which of the following snakes is aboreal?
(b) Puff adder
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Capstick give Rhinoceros hunting less attention than the other types of hunting in the book?
2. Who does Capstick hunt the crocodile with?
3. What does Capstick say the fish trap looks like?
4. What does Capstick say one crocodile continued to do even after he had shot it in the head?
5. What does the puff adder seek the heat of at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe crocodiles.
2. What does Capstick state has led to the rhincerosi decline?
3. Describe the career of J. A. Hunter.
4. How do crocodiles kill their prey?
5. Describe the different varieties of mamba snakes.
6. What does the gunbearer, Chagga, do when a hunter receives a spurt of cobra venom in his eyes?
7. What happens to the rhinoceros when Capstick shoots it in the base of its horn?
8. Where does Capstick eventually find the snake?
9. Describe the hippo attack on Alan and his wife.
10. How do cobra snakes attack their enemies?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)