|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do most hippopotamus attacks occur?
(a) On water
(b) In isolated jungle
(c) In long grass
(d) In villages
2. What kind of battles do male hippos participate in?
(a) Play fights
(b) Dominance battles
(c) Championship bouts
(d) Death battles
3. What kind of snake did Seymour have to avoid when he was out driving with his wife?
(a) Puff adder
(b) Green mamba
(c) Black mamba
4. What does Capstick say one crocodile continued to do even after he had shot it in the head?
(b) Snap its jaws
(c) Swim around
(d) Eat its victim
5. Which of the following snakes is aboreal?
(a) Puff adder
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the black mamba hiding itself?
2. What kind of meat do Capstick and Mason eat for breakfast?
3. What is the last thing Mason and Capstick see of the local woman before the crocodile drags her under the water?
4. What is pursuing the female rhino through the camp?
5. What is on the arm that identifies it as the local woman's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Capstick do when he finds a large black mamba in the restroom?
2. What happens to the rhinoceros when Capstick shoots it in the base of its horn?
3. Describe the different varieties of mamba snakes.
4. What do they find inside the crocodile in Chapter 6.
5. How does Capstick track down the crocodile in Chapter 6?
6. Describe crocodiles.
7. What does Alan Root describe in his article?
8. What hippopotami are more likely to attack humans?
9. Why does Capstick give rhinoceros hunting less attention than other forms of hunting in the book?
10. Why is the rhinoceros so dangerous?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)