|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castick say is the most dangerous snake in Africa?
(a) The Boomslang
(b) The cobra
(c) The puff adder
(d) The black mamba
2. How do crocodiles view humans?
(a) Easy targets
(c) Another prey item
3. Where is the black mamba hiding itself?
(a) A cave
(b) In a tree
(c) Under floorboards
(d) In a rabbit hole
4. Who does Capstick hunt the crocodile with?
5. What is the name of Root's cameraman?
(a) David Tomms
(b) Peter Bell
(c) Gordon Formby
(d) Martin Bell
6. What kind of battles do male hippos participate in?
(a) Dominance battles
(b) Death battles
(c) Championship bouts
(d) Play fights
7. What kind of hippos are most likely to attack humans?
(a) Wounded hippos
(b) Tired hippos
(c) Female hippos
(d) Bored hippos
8. What happened to Capstick's second shot?
(a) It missed
(b) It brushed the hippo's tail
(c) It hit the hippo's teeth
(d) It hit the hippo in the eye
9. Why do hunters prize a rhino's horn so highly?
(a) They are very rare
(b) It posesses aphrodisiac qualities
(c) They contain oil
(d) Westerners buy them
10. What does Capstick think hunters should provoke before killing a hippo?
(a) A charge
(b) A dominance battle
11. What animal charges at Capstick at the beginning of the chapter?
12. Who do safaris provide rhino hunts to?
(a) African clients
(b) Female clients
(c) Experienced clients
(d) Rich and stupid clients
13. What is the name of the local assistant?
14. Where do hunters tend to shoot hippos to kill them?
(a) The buttocks
(b) The brain
(c) The heart
(d) The liver
15. What was J. A Hunter's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are women often a crocodile's most common victim?
2. What kind of eggs are Mason and Capstick eating for breakfast?
3. What kind of snake did Seymour have to avoid when he was out driving with his wife?
4. Which of Capstick's friends shot at a snake inside his house?
5. Where did Capstick's first shot hit the hippo?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)