|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Root's cameraman?
(a) Peter Bell
(b) David Tomms
(c) Gordon Formby
(d) Martin Bell
2. What kind of snake did Seymour have to avoid when he was out driving with his wife?
(a) Black mamba
(b) Puff adder
(c) Green mamba
3. What reason does Capstick give for killing hippos?
(a) Self defense
(b) Sporting trophies
4. What animal charges at Capstick at the beginning of the chapter?
5. What is the last thing Mason and Capstick see of the local woman before the crocodile drags her under the water?
(a) Her feet
(b) Her hair
(c) Her head
(d) Her hand
6. What is the name of the local assistant?
7. Why are women often a crocodile's most common victim?
(a) They are tastier
(b) They wear less clothing
(c) They spend time at the water's edge
(d) They are easier to digest
8. What does Capstick say costs $30,000?
(a) A hippo license
(b) A safari jeep
(c) An elephant gun
(d) A rhinoceros license
9. Who did William K. Olsen volunteer for?
(a) Peace Corps
(b) Catholic Church
(c) Salvation Army
10. What does Capstick think hunters should provoke before killing a hippo?
(b) A dominance battle
(d) A charge
11. Why do hunters prize a rhino's horn so highly?
(a) They contain oil
(b) It posesses aphrodisiac qualities
(c) They are very rare
(d) Westerners buy them
12. What kind of battles do male hippos participate in?
(a) Dominance battles
(b) Championship bouts
(c) Death battles
(d) Play fights
13. What was the snake's tail pinned down by?
(a) A rock
(b) A spear
(c) A car tire
(d) Seymour's foot
14. What was J. A Hunter's job?
15. What were Dempster and his assistant returning home on?
(a) A jeep
(b) A truck
(c) A canoe
(d) A watercraft
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following snakes is a mamba snake?
2. Who does the black mamba lunge at?
3. What kind of snake is a black mamba?
4. What makes it difficult to shoot crocodiles?
5. What is a rhino's philosophy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)