|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the cop get forced out of the police?
(a) For lying.
(b) For embezzlement.
(c) For beating someone up.
(d) Stealing drugs.
2. What is the first name of the main character's wife?
(c) Mary Frances.
3. Brunetti practices which of the following during stressful times?
(d) Capital punishment.
4. Which character is riding home on the Intercity train?
5. What is the main character's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes angry at the news of the undercover work?
2. What is the Intercity train's destination at the time of the death?
3. To whom did some of the items belong?
4. Brunetti attempts to explain that spying is wrong when it involves:
5. What is the name of the victim's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paola react to Chiara's news? What does Paola try to explain to Chiara?
2. Who is the first murder victim in the story? Where is the man going when he is murdered?
3. What happens to the truck and the victims after the scene is cleared by the police?
4. What is Chiara's opinion about her new role in the case? How does she hope her parents will react to the news?
5. Describe the people found at the scene at the accident. What questions are asked? What is the determination of the accident victims?
6. How might the deaths tie into the corruption case Brunetti had been working on for months?
7. What does the doctor think killed Favero? How much of the substance was present? What does it mean?
8. What is the first scene in the book? What time of year is it? Why are the scene and the weather important to the rest of the story?
9. What happens to the news about the accident a few days after it occurred? How was the story rediscovered and by whom?
10. What is Brunetti's first hypothesis regarding the possible connection between the two victims?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)