|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not distraught at the news of the man's death?
2. What is the name of the widow Brunetti must question?
3. How many women were found dead or dying at the scene of the accident?
4. The item(s) found in the man's possession could be related to a crime involving what kind of company/organization?
5. People initially thought the women were:
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the substance was reported to be found in the man's system?
2. What is the name of the victim's daughter?
3. What is the main character's job?
4. What is the consultant's profession?
5. Who will go undercover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the police were called? What was the response by officials?
2. What happens to the truck and the victims after the scene is cleared by the police?
3. Describe the people found at the scene at the accident. What questions are asked? What is the determination of the accident victims?
4. Who is the next victim in the story? Where is the body found? Prominent accountant Rino Favero, the second victim, is found dead in his garage.
5. What is Monelli's role in this scene? What does the officer attempt to do?
6. What is Chiara's opinion about her new role in the case? How does she hope her parents will react to the news?
7. What is the first scene in the book? What time of year is it? Why are the scene and the weather important to the rest of the story?
8. What is Brunetti's first hypothesis regarding the possible connection between the two victims?
9. How does Brunetti learn about Trevisan's murder? What are Brunetti's initial thoughts?
10. Who initially attempts to help the accident victims? Why might this action be unusual? What happened next?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)