|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial setting in Chapter 1 of Donna Leon's DEATH AND JUDGMENT?
2. What is the main character's job?
(a) Street vendor.
(b) Police commissioner.
3. What is the main character's first name?
4. Where will the action and this first step take place?
(c) Mama Leone's.
5. Which character is found dead at the beginning of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brunetti attempts to explain that spying is wrong when it involves:
2. The undercover work involves investigation of which character?
3. What is the occupation of the main character's wife?
4. What is the name of Brunetti's daughter?
5. The item(s) found in the man's possession could be related to a crime involving what kind of company/organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the police were called? What was the response by officials?
2. What is the first scene in the book? What time of year is it? Why are the scene and the weather important to the rest of the story?
3. How does Brunetti learn about Trevisan's murder? What are Brunetti's initial thoughts?
4. What does the doctor think killed Favero? How much of the substance was present? What does it mean?
5. What is another connection between Trevisan and Favero?
6. What is the conversation between Paola and Brunetti after Chiara goes to bed? How does each character feel about the discussion?
7. What is the plan between Brunetti and Vianello regarding Pinetta's? What is decided? How does the plan turn out?
8. Who discovers Trevisan's body? What is the character's initial reaction? What does the character do?
9. Describe the people found at the scene at the accident. What questions are asked? What is the determination of the accident victims?
10. Who is the next person to be visited by Brunetti?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)