|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not distraught at the news of the man's death?
2. Who attempts to fix the situation regarding the undercover work?
3. What is the name of the widow Brunetti must question?
4. What is the occupation of the main character's wife?
5. Why does the cop get arrested?
(a) Selling drugs.
(c) Obstruction of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. The undercover work involves investigation of which character?
2. What kind of vehicle is in a fatal accident?
3. Brunetti is told to take care because the family is:
4. What did the man have in his possession?
5. What is the relationship between the interviewee and the murdered man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the next victim in the story? Where is the body found? Prominent accountant Rino Favero, the second victim, is found dead in his garage.
2. What happens to the truck and the victims after the scene is cleared by the police?
3. What does Brunetti find in Favero's possession? Why does the finding puzzle Brunetti?
4. Who is the first murder victim in the story? Where is the man going when he is murdered?
5. What news does Chiara give to her father? How is the work being done?
6. What is Chiara's opinion about her new role in the case? How does she hope her parents will react to the news?
7. Who discovers Trevisan's body? What is the character's initial reaction? What does the character do?
8. Explain the scene involving the truck in as much detail as possible. Include the location, the speed of the vehicle and where the truck came from in the first place.
9. What is another connection between Trevisan and Favero?
10. Who is the next person to be visited by Brunetti?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)