|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the better alternative to saying, "Don't you know you're old enough to find a husband?" (27)?
(a) You are old enough to help your mother.
(b) You are old enough to take care of children.
(c) You are old enough to go to college.
(d) You are old enough to find a job.
2. In Suggestion 10, when does it say girls stop being physically active?
(a) Girls stop when they realize beauty is more important.
(b) Girls stop once boys start making fun of them.
(c) Girls stop when puberty arrives.
(d) Girls stop when they discover make-up.
3. How does Adichie think children should be named in an argument against Igbo tradition?
(a) Children should have the mother's choice of first name, because the last name is from the father.
(b) Children should be named by their grandparents.
(c) Children should not all be given masculine names; it is sexist.
(d) Children should have the father's choice of first and last name.
4. What does Suggestion 7 state should never be considered an achievement?
(b) One's profession.
(c) Making money.
5. At the end of Suggestion 2, praise for fathers it put into question. Why does Adichie believe this is an important concept to be analyzed?
(a) Adichie thinks is is ridiculous that a father be more revered than a mother when the mother is the actually the one who does most of the work; she deserves more praise.
(b) Adichie promotes that fathers should be overly praised, so that they are more active in their child's life.
(c) Adichie promotes the notion that fathers do not deserve additional gratitude or praise for bringing a child into the world just as the mothers do; the child belongs equally to them.
(d) Adichie recognizes that men need recognition to be more involved in their child's lives, so it is necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does is the language of help asked to be rejected in Suggestion 2?
2. What charge does Adichie take seriously according to her Letter?
3. What is the main point of Suggestion 9?
4. Suggestion 3 presents what overarching idea at the start?
5. What is one way Chizalum can better understand her appearance?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)