|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Suggestion 12, what is the main argument Adichie makes about female periods?
(a) If periods did not exist, the human species would not be here.
(b) If periods did not exist, women would have less children.
(c) If periods lasted for a shorter period of time, women would have less live births.
(d) If periods did not last as long as they do, they would have too many children.
2. What is the better alternative to saying, "Don't you know you're old enough to find a husband?" (27)?
(a) You are old enough to go to college.
(b) You are old enough to find a job.
(c) You are old enough to help your mother.
(d) You are old enough to take care of children.
3. Why do girls remain silenced when abused, as mentioned in Suggestion 8?
(a) Girls are afraid their abusers will come after them.
(b) Girls do not know what to do.
(c) Girls want to be nice.
(d) Girls do not know who to talk to.
4. What does Adichie's friend, Chioma, tell her about being someone people want to be around?
(a) Chioma tells Adichie to be quiet and respectful.
(b) Chioma tells Adichie that people will like her if she is famous.
(c) Chioma tells Adichie to be outspoke and tell her truth no matter what.
(d) Chioma tells Adichie that people will not like something Adichie wants to say or do.
5. As stated in the Introduction, how long ago did the author, Adichie, receive a request her for advice?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. When should Chizalum receive praise as textually stated in Suggestion 8?
2. How will Ijeawele know that child-care work is being equally shared?
3. At the end of Suggestion 1, Adichie says that we should be asking a certain question of parents. What is that question?
4. What type of beauty will Chizalum notice is valued, according to Adichie?
5. Suggestion 3 presents what overarching idea at the start?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)