|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wish Adichie makes at the end of Suggestion 8?
(a) Adichie wishes someone had told her about men in general.
(b) Adichie wishes someone had told her that women have it difficult, but can overcome anything.
(c) Adichie wishes someone had told her about physical appearances and marriage.
(d) Adichie wishes someone had told her about relationships and female acceptance.
2. What does a woman have to be successful at to keep her own name, according to Adichie's friends (33)?
(a) Women need to be involved in politics.
(b) Women need to be successful at work.
(c) Women need to be single mothers.
(d) Women need to be hardworking mothers.
3. What is the most common biological reason that infers men's superiority found in Suggestion 11?
(a) Men's physical stature.
(b) Men's ability to have many children, even into their later years.
(c) Men's societal privilege.
(d) Men's choice of wives.
4. What is the first descriptor found on Bill Clinton's Twitter account?
5. How does Adichie feel about work as recommended in Suggestion 3?
(a) Women do not have to have a job; they are allowed to be homemakers.
(b) Women do not have to like their jobs; they have to do them well.
(c) Women do not have to love their jobs; they have to love what their jobs do for them.
(d) Women should love their work to show their independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ijeawele's daughter's name?
2. What differs for Adichie when she is asked about sexism as opposed to racism according to Suggestion 4?
3. At the start of Suggestion 6, how does the author define "language"?
4. How does Adichie define the first premise of feminism at the start of her Letter?
5. What does Adichie suggest Ijeawele do in the coming weeks of motherhood for Suggestion 1?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)