|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adichie feel about work as recommended in Suggestion 3?
(a) Women should love their work to show their independence.
(b) Women do not have to love their jobs; they have to love what their jobs do for them.
(c) Women do not have to have a job; they are allowed to be homemakers.
(d) Women do not have to like their jobs; they have to do them well.
2. What does Adichie recommend in Suggestion 6 for Ijeawele to do in order to teach Chizalum about language?
(a) Chizalum will have to listen to others' language more than her own.
(b) Chizalum will have to study language and each word's various meanings.
(c) Chizalum will have to learn both her native language and English.
(d) Chizalum will need to question her own language first.
3. What is this book a version of?
(a) The book is a version of a movie.
(b) The book is a version of a historically-based document.
(c) The book is a version of Adichie's letter.
(d) The book is a narrative.
4. What question does Adichie's friend, Ijeawele, ask her at the start of the text?
(a) How to take care of her daughter.
(b) How to raise her daughter as a feminist.
(c) How to raise her son as a feminist.
(d) How to raise her daughter to be smart.
5. If Philip May were prime minister, what word might we hear in reference to his wife as discussed in Suggestion 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Suggestion 7, what does Adichie mention about gender equality in relationships?
2. What is Adichie upset about in regards to emotions in Suggestion 4?
3. What example does Adichie provide to prove her point about Igbo tradition?
4. Why is a women's name still about patriarchy according to what people have said to Adichie?
5. What should Ijeawele do if Chizalum will not read, according to Adichie?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)