|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adichie define the first premise of feminism at the start of her Letter?
(a) The solid unbending belief that you start off with.
(b) The solid independent belief that needs a particular calling.
(c) The solid feeling that women need equality.
(d) The solid bending belief that is malleable and important.
2. How does Adichie feel about Sanders' advice?
(a) Adichie believes it is strong and thoughtful.
(b) Adichie believes it is wise and moving.
(c) Adichie believes is will make Chizalum a better person.
(d) Adichie believes it will make Chizalum a better feminist.
3. How does Adichie feel about work as recommended in Suggestion 3?
(a) Women do not have to love their jobs; they have to love what their jobs do for them.
(b) Women should love their work to show their independence.
(c) Women do not have to like their jobs; they have to do them well.
(d) Women do not have to have a job; they are allowed to be homemakers.
4. What is one word Adichie recommends replacing X with?
5. What is the Adichie's first thought when her friend makes her request?
(a) Adichie wishes her friend would not ask this question.
(b) Adichie does not understand the question.
(c) Adichie does not know what to write.
(d) Adichie feels that she is not capable of answering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sad truth mentioned at the end of Suggestion 4?
2. How are boys' toys different from girls' in Suggestion 3?
3. What is one way a new mother can approach parenting as recommended in Suggestion 1?
4. What does Adichie propose Ijeawele teach her daughter to overcome all the issues presented in Suggestion 3?
5. How does Adichie initially feel about her friend's request for advice?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)