|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this book a version of?
(a) The book is a version of a historically-based document.
(b) The book is a narrative.
(c) The book is a version of a movie.
(d) The book is a version of Adichie's letter.
2. How does Adichie initially feel about her friend's request for advice?
(a) Adichie feels that it is too huge of a task.
(b) Adichie feels that her friend should already know the answer.
(c) Adichie feels that it is too difficult to explain.
(d) Adichie feels that she is the best person to ask.
3. What does Adichie decide to do as a response to Ijeawele's request in the Introduction?
(a) Adichie decides to write a book.
(b) Adichie decides to write a letter.
(c) Adichie decides to speak with Ijeawele's daughter.
(d) Adichie decides to speak with Ijeawele.
4. What warning does Adichie make to her friend at the end of the Opening of the Letter?
(a) Chizalum will turn out according to society, but Ijeawele should punish her if she does.
(b) Ijeawele might do everything Adichie suggests, but Chizalum will turn out differently.
(c) Society will tell Chizalum to be careful how she acts around men.
(d) Ijeawele will not be able to teach all Suggestions, but she should focus on some.
5. What question does Adichie's friend, Ijeawele, ask her at the start of the text?
(a) How to raise her daughter to be smart.
(b) How to raise her son as a feminist.
(c) How to raise her daughter as a feminist.
(d) How to take care of her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in the Introduction, how long ago did the author, Adichie, receive a request her for advice?
2. What is Ijeawele's daughter's name?
3. What is the Adichie's first thought when her friend makes her request?
4. Adichie identifies two "Feminist Tools" for Ijeawele to consider. What are they?
5. How long has Adichie known Ijeawele as mentioned in the Introduction?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)