|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way a new mother can approach parenting as recommended in Suggestion 1?
(a) Do take the advice of her husband seriously.
(b) Do not follow others' ways.
(c) Do not assume you know everything.
(d) Do listen to other Igbo mothers.
2. What charge does Adichie take seriously according to her Letter?
(a) How to raise a religious woman.
(b) How to raise an independent thinker.
(c) How to raise a feminist.
(d) How to raise a strong woman.
3. How does Adichie feel about work as recommended in Suggestion 3?
(a) Women do not have to like their jobs; they have to do them well.
(b) Women should love their work to show their independence.
(c) Women do not have to have a job; they are allowed to be homemakers.
(d) Women do not have to love their jobs; they have to love what their jobs do for them.
4. What argument is made about cooking in Suggestion 3?
(a) Cooking is learned; it is a life skill that both men and women should ideally have.
(b) Cooking is learned; it is easier for women to learn, but men can too.
(c) Cooking is not an important part of a relationship.
(d) Cooking is a shared responsibility for both genders, because it helps create stronger relationships.
5. As mentioned in Suggestion 3, what idea needs to be questioned as far as women's roles in marriage?
(a) The idea that women must agree with their husbands on matters of finance.
(b) The idea that women are mothers.
(c) The idea that women are caretakers.
(d) The idea that women are prizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the previous recommendations in Suggestion 3, Adichie asks that Chizalum be given what?
2. What question does Adichie's friend, Ijeawele, ask her at the start of the text?
3. How old is Ijeawele's daughter when Adichie writes her letter?
4. What does Adichie say about her views on feminism to Ijeawele at the start of her Letter?
5. What is Suggestion 1?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)