|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument is made about cooking in Suggestion 3?
(a) Cooking is not an important part of a relationship.
(b) Cooking is a shared responsibility for both genders, because it helps create stronger relationships.
(c) Cooking is learned; it is a life skill that both men and women should ideally have.
(d) Cooking is learned; it is easier for women to learn, but men can too.
2. Before British Colonialism, what other activity did women do in Nigeria?
(a) Women mothered babies.
(b) Women worked.
(c) Women farmed.
(d) Women taught.
3. Because of the previous recommendations in Suggestion 3, Adichie asks that Chizalum be given what?
(a) To be a subservient woman.
(b) To be seen as an individual.
(c) To learn how to fight misogyny.
(d) To battle gender roles.
4. What is the one activity that Ijeawele's husband, Chudi, cannot participate in while raising their child?
(a) Chudi cannot help clean the house.
(b) Chudi cannot coddle the baby when she cries.
(c) Chudi cannot cook the meals.
(d) Chudi cannot breastfeed.
5. How does Adichie feel about Sanders' advice?
(a) Adichie believes it is wise and moving.
(b) Adichie believes it will make Chizalum a better feminist.
(c) Adichie believes it is strong and thoughtful.
(d) Adichie believes is will make Chizalum a better person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suggestion 2 reminds Ijeawele to do what in regards to parenting?
2. Why is Adichie upset about the term her friend, Nwabu, speaking about becoming "Mr. Mom" when his wife left him home with the children?
3. What is a fear that Adichie recognizes that mothers have about fathers in Suggestion 2?
4. What does Adichie propose Ijeawele teach her daughter to overcome all the issues presented in Suggestion 3?
5. What is Suggestion 1?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)