|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does Adichie provide that bolster her notions of feminism in Suggestion 3?
(a) Adichie remembers being told to cook dinner quickly and efficiently; her brothers were never asked to cook dinner.
(b) Adichie remembers being told to sweep like a girl, which actually made the job more difficult; she wishes she would have been told how properly to sweep the floor better.
(c) Adichie remembers being told that cleaning was a chore for women, and women needed to be very particular and follow certain rules.
(d) Adichie remembers being told to sweep like a girl, while all her brothers were allowed to sweep whatever way they wanted.
2. Why does is the language of help asked to be rejected in Suggestion 2?
(a) The language of help needs to be admonished, because outside help should never be considered.
(b) The language of help should be rejected, because it implies that the mother cannot do the job herself.
(c) The language of help needs to be rejected, because Chudi is not helping by caring for his own child.
(d) The language of help should be analyzed, because it should be 50-50 between Ijeawele and Chudi.
3. How long has Adichie known Ijeawele as mentioned in the Introduction?
(a) Since high school.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since they both joined a local club.
(d) Since childhood.
4. What does Adichie suggest Ijeawele do in the coming weeks of motherhood for Suggestion 1?
(a) Adichie suggests that she be kind to herself and ask for help.
(b) Adichie suggests that she be active in her daughter's life and promote strong values.
(c) Adichie suggests that men are not involved with the child's raising.
(d) Adichie suggests that everybody will have opinions, and she should reject them.
5. Adichie recommends that Chizalum be measured on what type of scale according to the ideologies of Suggestion 3?
(a) Chizalum should not be measured.
(b) Chizalum needs to be measured on a scale of being the best version of herself.
(c) Chizalum should be measured according to what other prideful girls are doing.
(d) Chizalum needs to be measured according to her peers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a phase that Adichie associates with the notion that caregiving and domestic work are singularly female domains?
2. What does Adichie decide to do as a response to Ijeawele's request in the Introduction?
3. What is Ijeawele's daughter's name?
4. Adichie identifies two "Feminist Tools" for Ijeawele to consider. What are they?
5. What argument is made about cooking in Suggestion 3?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)