|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adichie feel about Sanders' advice?
(a) Adichie believes is will make Chizalum a better person.
(b) Adichie believes it is strong and thoughtful.
(c) Adichie believes it is wise and moving.
(d) Adichie believes it will make Chizalum a better feminist.
2. Because of the previous recommendations in Suggestion 3, Adichie asks that Chizalum be given what?
(a) To learn how to fight misogyny.
(b) To battle gender roles.
(c) To be a subservient woman.
(d) To be seen as an individual.
3. What argument is made about cooking in Suggestion 3?
(a) Cooking is not an important part of a relationship.
(b) Cooking is learned; it is a life skill that both men and women should ideally have.
(c) Cooking is learned; it is easier for women to learn, but men can too.
(d) Cooking is a shared responsibility for both genders, because it helps create stronger relationships.
4. What is the one activity that Ijeawele's husband, Chudi, cannot participate in while raising their child?
(a) Chudi cannot coddle the baby when she cries.
(b) Chudi cannot help clean the house.
(c) Chudi cannot cook the meals.
(d) Chudi cannot breastfeed.
5. How does Adichie initially feel about her friend's request for advice?
(a) Adichie feels that her friend should already know the answer.
(b) Adichie feels that it is too huge of a task.
(c) Adichie feels that it is too difficult to explain.
(d) Adichie feels that she is the best person to ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adichie recommends that Chizalum be measured on what type of scale according to the ideologies of Suggestion 3?
2. What is an example that Adichie provides in response to portraying one of the tools at the start of the text?
3. What does Adichie suggest Ijeawele do in the coming weeks of motherhood for Suggestion 1?
4. What does Adichie introduce as a true Igbo tradition in Suggestion 1?
5. What is the magnificent thing that Ijeawele has done at the start of the letter?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)