|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should Chizalum feel about being active, according to Adichie in Suggestion 10?
(a) Chizalum should make it a high priority.
(b) Chizalum should not take it too seriously.
(c) Chizalum should value it.
(d) Chizalum should see it as secondary to school.
2. What example does Adichie provide to prove her point about Igbo tradition?
(a) Adichie recalls that men did do most of the work, but women did contribute as well.
(b) Adichie recants a time when her sister started working and the family was much better off.
(c) Adichie refers to an old myth from Igbo tradition, which asks families to remain balanced.
(d) Adichie states that trading was exclusively done by women in some parts of Igboland.
3. As mentioned in Suggestion 3, what idea needs to be questioned as far as women's roles in marriage?
(a) The idea that women are mothers.
(b) The idea that women must agree with their husbands on matters of finance.
(c) The idea that women are caretakers.
(d) The idea that women are prizes.
4. What is Adichie's concern around young girl's experience with sports?
(a) Adichie considers how this lack of physical activity affects future health for young girls.
(b) Adichie wonders if girls should not play sports, because they are too dangerous.
(c) Adichie worries that girls have parts of themselves silenced and stifled, because sports are male activities.
(d) Adichie fears that girls do not reach higher levels of sports because of their upbringings.
5. What is pain traditionally linked to, as mentioned in Suggestion 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the global-middle class phenomenon of "parenting" in accordance with Suggestion 1?
2. How are boys' toys different from girls' in Suggestion 3?
3. What kind of sports does Adichie suggest Chizalum participate in?
4. What is one area of sex that Ijeawele should tell Chizalum about in order to promote healthy notions of sexuality as recommended in Suggestion 12?
5. What words does Adichie prefer over "princess"?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)