|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sad truth mentioned at the end of Suggestion 4?
(a) Semi-feminists are taking over America.
(b) Women have to disguise their power.
(c) Society is uncomfortable with powerful women due to traditions.
(d) Our world is full of men and women who do not like powerful woman.
2. What is Suggestion 1?
(a) Define yourself by motherhood.
(b) Being a mother is the most important part of being a feminist.
(c) Motherhood is a glorious experience.
(d) Be a full person.
3. Why is it true progress when a woman does not clap after a man cooks a meal according to Suggestion 6?
(a) Her clapping gives the man the impression that he is good at something that he is not.
(b) When she claps, this implies that cooking is an inherently female act.
(c) Her clapping tells the man that she loves him for his cooking.
(d) When she claps, she is giving unnecessary praise.
4. Why is the phrase that "a mother is really in charge behind the scenes" upsetting to feminist thought?
(a) The phrase implies that women can only have power if it is in disguise.
(b) The phrase makes one curious about what women are doing behind the scenes.
(c) The phrase gives all the power of real control to men.
(d) The phrase suggests that women are working harder than their male counterparts.
5. Adichie leaves Suggestion 3 with a very poignant piece of advice. What is it?
(a) Let Chizalum try certain things that she has the capacity to be successful at, but do not push her too hard.
(b) Let Chizalum try, and even if she does not fully succeed, let her try.
(c) Let Chizalum try, and when she fails, teacher her the correct way.
(d) Let Chizalum be herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important that Chizalum reject gender roles from the beginning as stated in Suggestion 3?
2. What should women not be apologetic about as recommended in Suggestion 10?
3. What is the global-middle class phenomenon of "parenting" in accordance with Suggestion 1?
4. Adichie says it is not enough to raise a daughter you can speak to about sex, but rather, Ijeawele needs to provide what other skill as well?
5. According to Suggestion 10, what does Ijeawele need to be deliberate about?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)