|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adichie think children should be named in an argument against Igbo tradition?
(a) Children should be named by their grandparents.
(b) Children should not all be given masculine names; it is sexist.
(c) Children should have the father's choice of first and last name.
(d) Children should have the mother's choice of first name, because the last name is from the father.
2. What is the issue with the word "princess" as presented in Suggestion 6?
(a) The word assumes that all girls want to wear pretty pink dresses.
(b) The word says that there are no queens, only princesses.
(c) The word is too feminine.
(d) The word is loaded with assumptions.
3. What does Adichie introduce as a true Igbo tradition in Suggestion 1?
(a) The mother working and raising the children.
(b) The father working and the mother staying at home.
(c) A double-income family.
(d) The mother staying home.
4. Suggestion 3 presents what overarching idea at the start?
(a) The idea that gender inequality historically is becoming better and more equal.
(b) The idea that parenting is not related to gender roles.
(c) The idea that gender roles are absolute nonsense.
(d) The idea that gender roles serve a certain purpose at times.
5. What is the most common biological reason that infers men's superiority found in Suggestion 11?
(a) Men's choice of wives.
(b) Men's societal privilege.
(c) Men's physical stature.
(d) Men's ability to have many children, even into their later years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Adichie upset about in regards to emotions in Suggestion 4?
2. How does Adichie encounter feminism within the child's clothing industry?
3. As mentioned in Suggestion 3, what idea needs to be questioned as far as women's roles in marriage?
4. At the end of Suggestion 12, what is the main argument Adichie makes about female periods?
5. What insecurities are helped by Chizalum better understanding her appearance as stated in Suggestion 10?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)