|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suggestions 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before British Colonialism, what other activity did women do in Nigeria?
(a) Women worked.
(b) Women taught.
(c) Women mothered babies.
(d) Women farmed.
2. Because of the previous recommendations in Suggestion 3, Adichie asks that Chizalum be given what?
(a) To learn how to fight misogyny.
(b) To be a subservient woman.
(c) To be seen as an individual.
(d) To battle gender roles.
3. Why is it true progress when a woman does not clap after a man cooks a meal according to Suggestion 6?
(a) When she claps, she is giving unnecessary praise.
(b) When she claps, this implies that cooking is an inherently female act.
(c) Her clapping gives the man the impression that he is good at something that he is not.
(d) Her clapping tells the man that she loves him for his cooking.
4. If Philip May were prime minister, what word might we hear in reference to his wife as discussed in Suggestion 4?
5. How does Adichie recommend Chizalum feel if she has to say "no" to a man sexually?
(d) In control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way a new mother can approach parenting as recommended in Suggestion 1?
2. What is the global-middle class phenomenon of "parenting" in accordance with Suggestion 1?
3. What does Adichie suggest Ijeawele do in the coming weeks of motherhood for Suggestion 1?
4. Why does is the language of help asked to be rejected in Suggestion 2?
5. How does Adichie think children should be named in an argument against Igbo tradition?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)