• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi. Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions. Alfred A. Knopf, 2017. Hardback.
• This non-fiction text begins by the author stating that she does not know what to do when a childhood friend of hers asks her how to raise a feminist baby girl.
• The author, Adichie, feels like it is a huge task, even though she is considered to be an expert on the subject of feminism.
• She has helped take care of many babies over the years and has done a lot of watching and listening, which may help guide her suggestions.
• She decides to write a letter that will be candid and reasonable, and possibly serve as a map for feminist thinking.
• This text is a version of that letter.
• Now that Adichie is a mother of a...
This section contains 4,746 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)