|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbels are species of what fish?
2. Where does Blake put Baz's body to keep it hidden in Chapter 5?
3. What is Blake's full name?
4. On whom does Blake demonstrate how he head-butts an opponent in Chapter 1?
5. Who awakens Blake by banging on his front door in the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Blake's boss have with him in Chapter 6?
2. What conflict does Blake become engaged in upon returning from taking out the garbage in Chapter 9?
3. What does Blake ask Sally when he sees her in Chapter 3? What is her reaction?
4. What does Nathan demand when Blake returns to the Paul Pry in Chapter 5?
5. How does Blake describe the history of the Munton family in Chapter 7?
6. What possibilities does Blake consider for the body's disappearance in Chapter 9?
7. Who does Blake encounter while attempting to hide Baz's body in Chapter 5? What does Blake do?
8. What does Blake do to protect Fenton during the robbery in Chapter 10?
9. How does the robbery begin in Chapter 10?
10. What does Blake dream in the beginning of Chapter 6? Who awakens him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Blake, Finney and Leggsy in "Deadfolk". How trustworthy is Blake as a narrator and what opinions does he express of his friends?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the romantic life of Blake in the narrative and discuss how the protagonist's love life reflects his professional life. How does Blake feel about Rachel and Mandy? What objectives does he have in pursuing each?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the River Clunge and the actions of Blake and Finney in Chapter 14. Why does Blake kill Danny by the river? Is he justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)