|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blake see at the gym in Chapter 8?
2. What did Blake do to one of the underage girls he let into the club in his flashback in Chapter 4?
3. Who awakens Blake by banging on his front door in the end of Chapter 9?
4. Where does Blake go to drink and watch television after leaving work in Chapter 4?
5. What does Blake note about the big man who appears at Hoppers and asks questions about the ownership and the door staff in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What flashback is used in Chapter 4? What is described?
2. How does the robbery begin in Chapter 10?
3. How is the Meat Wagon described in Chapter 1? Who does Blake encounter from the Meat Wagon?
4. Who does Blake encounter while attempting to hide Baz's body in Chapter 5? What does Blake do?
5. What does Lee Munton solicit Blake's help for in Chapter 6? How does he coerce Blake?
6. What do Blake and Sally call one another in their fight in Chapter 3?
7. What does Blake do to protect Fenton during the robbery in Chapter 10?
8. What conversation does Blake's boss have with him in Chapter 6?
9. What possibilities does Blake consider for the body's disappearance in Chapter 9?
10. What does Blake ask Sally when he sees her in Chapter 3? What is her reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the conflicts established for the protagonist in Chapters 1-4. Why does Blake hope to attack Baz?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of the River Clunge and the actions of Blake and Finney in Chapter 14. Why does Blake kill Danny by the river? Is he justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Sally and the relationship she shares with the protagonist. How long has Sally been seeing Blake? What characterizes their relationship?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)