|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee asks if Blake has seen who recently in Chapter 7?
2. What name is on the business card which Blake finds on Sally's floor in Chapter 3?
3. Who leads the way to Fenton's office in Chapter 10?
4. What does Sally complain everyone calls her in town in Chapter 6?
5. Who was a criminal with a good mind for business who started Hoppers and turned it into a bar popular throughout the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Blake's injuring Leggsy in the bar in Chapter 1?
2. What conflict does Blake become engaged in upon returning from taking out the garbage in Chapter 9?
3. How does Blake's behavior reveal his inner emotions at Hoppers in Chapter 9?
4. How did Blake's wife end up at the site of the fire at Hoppers, as described in Chapter 5?
5. What does Blake ask Sally when he sees her in Chapter 3? What is her reaction?
6. How does the robbery begin in Chapter 10?
7. Who does Blake encounter while attempting to hide Baz's body in Chapter 5? What does Blake do?
8. How does Blake discover who Sally's visitor was in Chapter 3? What does Sally do?
9. What causes Baz to get the upper hand in fighting Blake in Chapter 5? What takes place in the fight?
10. Why are the Muntons pursuing Blake in Chapter 4? What foreshadowing is used in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Blake, Finney and Leggsy in "Deadfolk". How trustworthy is Blake as a narrator and what opinions does he express of his friends?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the conflicts established for the protagonist in Chapters 1-4. Why does Blake hope to attack Baz?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Blake's actions in the robbery and his protection of Fenton. Why does Blake show loyalty to his boss in this scene?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)