|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Blake's wife when she died?
2. At what time does Blake drive to the Paul Pry in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Who does Baz assert Blake killed in Chapter 5?
4. Who is the new owner of Hoppers in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Jess tell Blake to drive in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blake do and discover upon returning from the gym in Chapter 6?
2. How does Blake feel about the threat of the Muntons in Chapter 3?
3. What does Blake ask Sally when he sees her in Chapter 3? What is her reaction?
4. What leads up to Blake's injuring Leggsy in the bar in Chapter 1?
5. What foreshadowing takes place at the Paul Pry in Chapter 1?
6. What does Lee Munton solicit Blake's help for in Chapter 6? How does he coerce Blake?
7. Why does Blake go early to the Paul Pry in Chapter 5?
8. What does Blake do to protect Fenton during the robbery in Chapter 10?
9. Who has a knife to Blake when the action returns to the present in Chapter 6? Where does he say to go?
10. What do Blake and Sally call one another in their fight in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the actions and objectives of Blake, Legs, Finney, Lee, Baz, Jess and Sally in the narrative. Why do the Munton brothers want Blake to assist them in robbing Hoppers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of the River Clunge and the actions of Blake and Finney in Chapter 14. Why does Blake kill Danny by the river? Is he justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Blake's father in the story and in Blake's character history. How did the death of Blake's father lead to his career in thuggery?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)