|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dirty, white van with the lettering Munton Motors on its side?
2. What does Sally complain everyone calls her in town in Chapter 6?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, Blake gets into his car without noticing a man named what in the back seat?
4. What does Blake give Nathan to keep him quiet in Chapter 5?
5. What was the name of Blake's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blake describe the history of the Munton family in Chapter 7?
2. What foreshadowing takes place at the Paul Pry in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Blake go with Finney after leaving the Paul Pry in Chapter 2?
4. Who has a knife to Blake when the action returns to the present in Chapter 6? Where does he say to go?
5. What leads up to Blake's injuring Leggsy in the bar in Chapter 1?
6. What robbery does Blake recall before going to the gym in Chapter 6? How does it relate to his situation?
7. How did Blake's wife end up at the site of the fire at Hoppers, as described in Chapter 5?
8. Why are the Muntons pursuing Blake in Chapter 4? What foreshadowing is used in this chapter?
9. What is described in the news article which opens the book? To whose point of view does the narrative switch after the article?
10. Who does Blake encounter while attempting to hide Baz's body in Chapter 5? What does Blake do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the characters of Nathan and Mandy Munton in the narrative. What power does each of these characters have over Blake?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Blake's actions in the robbery and his protection of Fenton. Why does Blake show loyalty to his boss in this scene?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the narrative style of the book. In what person and tense is the story told? How does the narrative transition in the first chapter?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)