Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
• Chapter 1 begins with a newspaper report of the death of Beth Blake at age 25 in the club called Hoppers; the article says that Lee Munton, and Royston Blake, age 28, were questioned.
• The story then switches to a first-person account by Blake, who is standing outside town on East Bloater Road when he sees a van known as the Meat Wagon going past.
• The Meat Wagon's presence worries him, and he gets into his own Ford Capri and drives back toward his hometown, Mangel, but he then sees the Meat Wagon blocking the road.
• Lee Munton gets out of the Meat Wagon and wants to be sure Blake is not trying to leave town.
• Later, Blake is in the Paul Pry, his favorite drinking spot, with his two buddies, Legs and Finney, drinking and telling stories about fighting.
• Prompted by the others, Blake demonstrates on Legs...
This section contains 2,653 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)