|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
2. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
3. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
4. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
5. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Allison. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)