|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allison's punishment?
2. Who is the Constabulary who Sir Winston calls to testify?
3. Why does Stone call Bill Eggers from the yacht?
4. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
5. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Dead in the Water" is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Libby Manning. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Libby Manning's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Sir Winston. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)