Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
2. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
3. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
4. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
5. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Libby Manning. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Libby Manning's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is, and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)