Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
2. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
3. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
4. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
5. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
Essay Topic 1
"Dead in the Water" is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "Dead in the Water"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Woods use the literary technique of local color in "Dead in the Water"? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in St. Marks establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)