|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
2. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
3. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
4. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
5. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
"Dead in the Water" is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is, and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)