|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allison's punishment?
2. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
3. What does Allison do the night before the trial?
4. Stone realizes that ________________ is actually Paul Manning.
5. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
2. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
3. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
4. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
5. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
6. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
7. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
8. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
9. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
10. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Jim Forrester. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is, and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Allison. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)