|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
2. What is Allison's punishment?
3. Stone's two witnesses in the case are Allison and __________________.
4. The Constabulary testifies that there were multiple _______________ found on the Expansive.
5. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
2. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
3. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
4. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
5. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
6. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
7. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
8. What is Stone's perception of Allison's private meeting with Sir Leslie?
9. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
10. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "Dead in the Water"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sir Winston. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Libby Manning. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Libby Manning's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)