|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
2. What is Allison doing when Stone visits her on the yacht?
3. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
4. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
5. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
"Dead in the Water" is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)