|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
2. What is the profession of the person in #148?
3. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
4. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
5. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
How does Woods use the literary technique of local color in "Dead in the Water"? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in St. Marks establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "Dead in the Water"? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)