Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
2. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
3. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
4. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
5. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Stone, Arrington and Allison. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
How does Woods use the literary technique of local color in "Dead in the Water"? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in St. Marks establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Woods is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)