|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
2. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
3. Who is having lunch with Sir Leslie when Stone goes to Sir Leslie's house?
4. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
5. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
2. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
3. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
4. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
5. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
6. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
7. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
8. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
9. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
10. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Jim Forrester. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Allison. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)