|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone learns that Allison has been talking to __________________.
2. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
3. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
4. Stone's girlfriend decides to stay in New York to ______________________.
5. Who is the Minister of Justice on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
2. Why does Stone use Paul Manning's medical report in the coroner's inquest?
3. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
4. What does Bob Cantor uncover regarding the Mannings' activities prior to leaving the Canary Islands?
5. Who is Chris Wheaton and what is her role in the peripheral trial activities?
6. What is Stone's plan for putting some public pressure on Sir Winston regarding the case?
7. Why can Stone not represent Allison in her trial and why does Sir Leslie appear to be the perfect man for the job?
8. What does Stone learn about Libby from Allison and why is he concerned that she has shown up?
9. How does Stone manage the media and press conference for Allison?
10. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Sir Winston. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Woods is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Stone. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)