|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Allison seduce while on her yacht?
2. Who is the reporter from 60 Minutes?
3. What does Jim Forrester tell Stone about Allison's case?
4. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
5. What is Stone's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Allison Manning and how does Stone come in contact with her?
2. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
3. What is Chris Wheaton's opinion of Allison and how does she intend to portray Allison in the broadcast segment?
4. What is Stone's plan for putting some public pressure on Sir Winston regarding the case?
5. What does Sir Winston insinuate about Allison's role in her husband's death at the coroner's inquest?
6. What is so disconcerting about Jim Forrester's story?
7. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
8. Who is Libby Manning and what is her possible impact on Allison's trial?
9. Who is Jim Forrester and how does Stone meet him?
10. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Woods' writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in "Dead in the Water".
Essay Topic 2
Describe Libby Manning. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Libby Manning's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Stone. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)