|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the yacht that Stone watches come into the harbor?
2. Stone learns that Allison has been talking to __________________.
3. Where do the police say they are taking the media when they load them onto a bus?
4. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
5. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim Forrester want to be present when Allison gives an interview to the reporter from 60 Minutes?
2. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
3. What is Libby's fate when trying to leave the island and why does Stone not think Allison is behind the tragedy?
4. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
5. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
6. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
7. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
8. How could Stone's media blitz backfire on him and be negative for Allison's trial?
9. Why does Stone use Paul Manning's medical report in the coroner's inquest?
10. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is, and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Woods' use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Stone, Arrington and Allison. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)