|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
2. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
3. What is Stone's profession?
4. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
5. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jim Forrester and how does Stone meet him?
2. What does Stone learn about Libby from Allison and why is he concerned that she has shown up?
3. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
4. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
5. How could Stone's media blitz backfire on him and be negative for Allison's trial?
6. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from his conversation with Bob Cantor?
7. Why does Allison have mixed feelings regarding Stone's payment to Libby?
8. Who is Arrington Carter and what is her relationship with Stone?
9. Why does Jim Forrester want to be present when Allison gives an interview to the reporter from 60 Minutes?
10. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Woods' use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)