|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Constabulary testifies that there were multiple _______________ found on the Expansive.
(d) blood drops.
2. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a pretrial meeting.
(b) For a social visit.
(c) For a press conference.
(d) For a budget meeting.
3. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
4. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) She could not get it to work.
(b) There was no phone on board.
(c) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
(d) She panicked and forgot about it.
5. What does Allison give to Stone for his legal fees?
(a) Her home in Bermuda.
(b) Her townhouse in New York.
(c) The yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone visits her in the jail the next day?
2. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
3. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
4. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
5. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
2. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
3. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
4. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
5. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
6. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
7. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
8. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
9. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
10. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)