|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) The first aid kit.
(c) The rubber dinghy.
(d) A missing spear.
2. Who comes to the Shipwright's Arms looking for Stone?
(a) Sir Leslie.
(c) Two cops.
3. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
4. What is the verdict delivered in the case?
(b) Hung jury.
(c) Not guilty.
5. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone visits her in the jail the next day?
(a) She is calm.
(b) She is hysterical.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is lying next to Stone when he awakens the next morning?
2. With whom does Stone go to lunch in Chapter 53?
3. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
4. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
5. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
2. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
3. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
4. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
5. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
6. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
7. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
8. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
9. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
10. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)