|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a pretrial meeting.
(b) For a budget meeting.
(c) For a social visit.
(d) For a press conference.
2. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone visits her in the jail the next day?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is hysterical.
(d) She is calm.
3. What is Allison's punishment?
(a) She gets 15 years in prison.
(b) She is exiled from the island.
(c) She is hanged.
(d) She gets life in prison.
4. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
(a) are not built for speed.
(b) have a spear gun on board.
(c) are painted white.
(d) do not have satellite phones.
5. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) A missing spear.
(c) The first aid kit.
(d) The rubber dinghy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
2. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
3. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
4. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
5. For how many years was Paul required to make alimony payments to Libby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
2. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
3. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
4. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
5. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
6. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
7. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
8. What is Stone's perception of Allison's private meeting with Sir Leslie?
9. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
10. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)