|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
(a) Paul Lieberman.
(b) Bryce Garrison.
(c) Eddie Gleason.
(d) Frank Stendahl.
2. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
(a) are not built for speed.
(b) have a spear gun on board.
(c) do not have satellite phones.
(d) are painted white.
3. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He berates her.
(b) He compliments her.
(c) He chastises her.
(d) He praises her.
4. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
(b) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(c) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(d) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
5. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(c) The plane crash.
(d) Libby's lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
2. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
3. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
4. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
5. Who comes to the Shipwright's Arms looking for Stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
2. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
3. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
4. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
5. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
6. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
7. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
8. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
9. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
10. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)