|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There was no murder weapon found.
(b) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(c) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
(d) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
2. What is the profession of the person in #148?
(a) Ship's captain.
(d) Insurance investigator.
3. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
(a) media coverage.
(b) personal prejudice.
(d) personal fear of Sir Winston.
4. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a social visit.
(b) For a pretrial meeting.
(c) For a budget meeting.
(d) For a press conference.
5. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
2. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
3. While on the stand, how does Allison describe her early marriage to Paul?
4. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
5. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
2. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
3. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
4. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
5. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
6. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
7. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
8. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
9. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
10. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)