|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
(a) Eddie Gleason.
(b) Frank Stendahl.
(c) Paul Lieberman.
(d) Bryce Garrison.
2. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) The first aid kit.
(b) A case of champagne.
(c) A missing spear.
(d) The rubber dinghy.
3. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
(b) Private detective.
(c) Insurance salesman.
4. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She had an elderly mother.
(b) She had six children.
(c) She did not have a will.
(d) She had a second husband.
5. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(b) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(c) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
(d) He tells her about Libby's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having lunch with Sir Leslie when Stone goes to Sir Leslie's house?
2. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
3. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
4. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
5. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
2. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
3. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
4. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
5. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
6. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
7. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
8. What is Stone's perception of Allison's private meeting with Sir Leslie?
9. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
10. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)