|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Leslie.
(b) Sir Edward.
(c) Sir Brice.
(d) Sir Winston.
2. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was lying out on a bedside table.
(b) was written in the third-person point of view.
(c) was securely locked in a drawer.
(d) actually belonged to Libby.
3. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
(b) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(c) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(d) He tells her about Libby's death.
4. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(a) Libby's mother.
(b) His ex-wife.
(d) His son.
5. Stone realizes that ________________ is actually Paul Manning.
(a) Sir Leslie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
2. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
3. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
4. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
5. What is Allison's punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
2. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
3. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
4. What is Stone's perception of Allison's private meeting with Sir Leslie?
5. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
6. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
7. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
8. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
9. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
10. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)