|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
(a) media coverage.
(b) personal fear of Sir Winston.
(d) personal prejudice.
2. What does Stone receive as he has breakfast with the person in #109?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A fax.
(d) A newspaper.
3. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
(a) Frank Stendahl.
(b) Phil Gerard.
(c) Hilary Kramer.
(d) Jim Forrester.
4. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) Libby's lawsuit.
(c) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(d) The plane crash.
5. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
(a) The Shipwright's Arms.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) Gabby's Bar & Grill.
(d) The Rusty Nail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
2. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
3. With whom does Stone go to lunch in Chapter 53?
4. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
5. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
2. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
3. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
4. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
5. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
6. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
7. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
8. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
9. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
10. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)