|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a social visit.
(b) For a pretrial meeting.
(c) For a press conference.
(d) For a budget meeting.
2. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
(a) Allison asks them to leave.
(b) They have to make phone calls regarding the appeals.
(c) The priest wants time alone with her.
(d) The judge calls an emergency hearing.
3. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
4. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
(a) in the Cayman Islands.
(b) in Brisbane.
(c) in New York.
(d) in London.
5. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He tells her about Libby's death.
(b) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(c) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(d) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
2. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
3. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
4. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
5. What is Allison doing when Stone visits her on the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
2. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
3. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
4. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
5. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
6. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
7. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
8. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
9. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
10. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)