|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
2. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To issue a notice about the execution.
(b) To wire him some money.
(c) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(d) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
3. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(b) There was no murder weapon found.
(c) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
(d) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
4. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(d) Sir Leslie.
5. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allison's punishment?
2. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
3. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
4. Stone's two witnesses in the case are Allison and __________________.
5. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
2. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
3. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
4. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
5. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
6. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
7. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
8. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
9. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
10. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)