|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(b) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
(c) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(d) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
2. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
(a) Killing Paul Manning.
(b) Sleeping with Allison.
(c) Bribing a witness.
(d) Compromising evidence.
3. What is the profession of the person in #148?
(a) Insurance investigator.
(c) Ship's captain.
4. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(a) Leaves the room.
(d) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
5. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a CEO on vacation.
(b) He is a reporter.
(c) He is a private detective.
(d) He is actually Paul Manning.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Constabulary testifies that there were multiple _______________ found on the Expansive.
2. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
3. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
4. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
5. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
2. What is Stone's perception of Allison's private meeting with Sir Leslie?
3. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
4. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
5. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
6. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
7. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
8. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
9. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
10. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)