|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a budget meeting.
(b) For a pretrial meeting.
(c) For a press conference.
(d) For a social visit.
2. What is Allison doing when Stone visits her on the yacht?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(d) Watching television.
3. What is the content of the item in #111?
(a) Cantor's arrest.
(b) Libby's lawsuit.
(c) Libby and Paul's divorce decree.
(d) Allison's guilty plea.
4. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was securely locked in a drawer.
(b) actually belonged to Libby.
(c) was lying out on a bedside table.
(d) was written in the third-person point of view.
5. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(b) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
(c) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
(d) There was no murder weapon found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
2. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
3. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
4. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
5. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
2. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
3. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
4. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
5. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
6. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
7. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
8. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
9. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
10. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)