|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
(a) has any alcohol until the trial is over.
(b) call on his business line.
(c) meets with Sir Leslie alone again.
(d) give any more interviews.
2. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(b) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
(c) Leaves the room.
3. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(a) Sir Leslie.
4. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(b) The rubber dinghy.
(c) Libby's lawsuit.
(d) The plane crash.
5. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(b) To issue a notice about the execution.
(c) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(d) To wire him some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allison do the night before the trial?
2. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
3. Who is having lunch with Sir Leslie when Stone goes to Sir Leslie's house?
4. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
5. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
2. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
3. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
4. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
5. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
6. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
7. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
8. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
9. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
10. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)