|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(b) Sir Leslie.
(c) Hilary Kramer.
2. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(a) Libby's mother.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His son.
3. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(b) Sir Leslie.
4. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
(a) Brock Garrison.
(b) Harry Pearson.
(c) Harley Potter.
(d) Harlan Sloan.
5. Why does Stone call Bill Eggers from the yacht?
(a) To ask for his help in writing an appeal.
(b) To come to the island right away.
(c) To have him wire some money.
(d) To have him arrange a media blitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone's two witnesses in the case are Allison and __________________.
2. What does Allison do the night before the trial?
3. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
4. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
5. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
2. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
3. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
4. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
5. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
6. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
7. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
8. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
9. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
10. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)