|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
(a) three children.
(b) political aspirations.
(c) a perfect marriage.
(d) four homes.
2. Stone realizes that ________________ is actually Paul Manning.
(c) Sir Leslie.
3. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(a) The Today Show.
(c) The Daily Show.
(d) 60 Minutes.
4. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
(a) His mortgage company.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) Libby's mother.
(d) The IRS.
5. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To issue a notice about the execution.
(b) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(c) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(d) To wire him some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
2. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
3. While on the stand, how does Allison describe her early marriage to Paul?
4. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
5. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
2. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
3. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
4. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
5. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
6. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
7. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
8. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
9. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
10. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)