|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Constabulary who Sir Winston calls to testify?
(a) Captain Sloane.
(b) Captain Murphy.
(c) Captain Kerrigan.
(d) Captain Beane.
2. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
(a) A house in Bermuda.
(b) An island.
(c) A plane.
(d) A chalet in Aspen.
3. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Edward.
(b) Sir Leslie.
(c) Sir Winston.
(d) Sir Brice.
4. Stone realizes that ________________ is actually Paul Manning.
(b) Sir Leslie.
5. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
(c) death by misadventure.
(d) foul play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
2. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
3. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
4. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
5. What is the profession of the person in #148?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
2. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
3. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
4. Who is the man who shows up at the Shipwright's Arms and what does Stone find notable about him?
5. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
6. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
7. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
8. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
9. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
10. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)