|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) Sir Leslie.
(c) Sir Brice.
(d) Sir Edward.
2. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
(a) Paul Manning could have died of a heart attack.
(b) Allison is not Paul Manning's widow.
(c) Paul Manning is still alive.
(d) Jim Forrester killed Paul Manning.
3. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
(a) Six months ago.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Three weeks ago.
(d) A year ago.
4. Who is the Constabulary who Sir Winston calls to testify?
(a) Captain Murphy.
(b) Captain Kerrigan.
(c) Captain Sloane.
(d) Captain Beane.
5. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
(b) There was no murder weapon found.
(c) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
(d) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
2. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
3. For how many years was Paul required to make alimony payments to Libby?
4. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
5. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
2. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
3. What is the significance of the spear gun and the missing spear that Stone comes across?
4. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
5. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
6. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
7. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
8. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
9. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
10. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)