|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
(a) Allison was a devoted wife.
(b) Paul Manning committed suicide.
(c) there is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(d) Allison had no motive to kill her husband.
2. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a pretrial meeting.
(b) For a social visit.
(c) For a budget meeting.
(d) For a press conference.
3. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was securely locked in a drawer.
(b) was written in the third-person point of view.
(c) actually belonged to Libby.
(d) was lying out on a bedside table.
4. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To wire him some money.
(b) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(c) To issue a notice about the execution.
(d) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
5. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
(b) Yells obscenities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
2. What does Allison give to Stone for his legal fees?
3. What is Allison's punishment?
4. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
5. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
2. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
3. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
4. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
5. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
6. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
7. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
8. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
9. What is Stone's perception of Allison's private meeting with Sir Leslie?
10. How are Stone and Allison at odds regarding Allison's obligations to Libby's family after Libby's death?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)