|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a CEO on vacation.
(c) He is a private detective.
(d) He is actually Paul Manning.
2. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To issue a notice about the execution.
(b) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(c) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(d) To wire him some money.
3. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
(b) Mission Bay.
(d) St. Thomas.
4. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(b) Jim Forrester.
5. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
(a) has any alcohol until the trial is over.
(b) call on his business line.
(c) give any more interviews.
(d) meets with Sir Leslie alone again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the content of the item in #111?
2. What is Allison's punishment?
3. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
4. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
5. Who comes to the Shipwright's Arms looking for Stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
2. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
3. What is the purpose of Sir Winston's having Stone forcefully brought to him for a meeting?
4. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
5. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
6. What does Stone learn about Libby Manning's mother, and how does he help the woman personally?
7. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
8. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
9. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
10. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)