|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(a) Jim Forrester.
2. What is the content of the item in #111?
(a) Allison's guilty plea.
(b) Cantor's arrest.
(c) Libby and Paul's divorce decree.
(d) Libby's lawsuit.
3. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
(a) An island.
(b) A plane.
(c) A chalet in Aspen.
(d) A house in Bermuda.
4. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) actually belonged to Libby.
(b) was securely locked in a drawer.
(c) was written in the third-person point of view.
(d) was lying out on a bedside table.
5. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
(a) A week ago.
(b) Six months ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) Three weeks ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the person in #148?
2. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
3. What does the plane's mechanic reveal when Stone goes to the airport to see him?
4. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
5. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
2. Describe the events leading up to Allison's execution, and how the various characters react.
3. According to Sir Leslie, what is Sir Winston willing to do in order to get the prime minister's position?
4. Why is Allison packing and what close call does Stone help her avoid?
5. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
6. What changes Stone's perspective on Allison's use of a spear gun to kill her husband?
7. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
8. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
9. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
10. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)