|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Stone about working with Sir Leslie?
(a) The lack of strategic planning.
(b) Not enough investigation.
(c) No attention to detail.
(d) The lack of funds to hire experts.
2. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
(a) They hosted many parties on their yacht.
(b) They were quite visible on the social scene.
(c) Few people remember them.
(d) They had a beach house there.
3. Stone calls Bill Eggers to have him hire _________________.
(a) a PR firm.
(b) a pilot.
(c) a couple of thugs.
(d) a caterer.
4. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
(a) He/she refuses to testify.
(b) He/she changes some of the story.
(c) He/she recants the story.
(d) He/she completely changes the story.
5. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from the person in #55?
(a) He was deeply in debt.
(b) He had a gunshot wound to the head.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
2. What event does Stone and Allison attend in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Stone believe the press will be angry with Sir Winston?
4. What is notable about Paul's medical report?
5. What piece of the Mannings' property had been stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so disconcerting about Jim Forrester's story?
2. What is significant about Stone's finding the new rubber dinghy still intact on the yacht?
3. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
4. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
5. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
6. Who is Libby Manning and what is her possible impact on Allison's trial?
7. How has Sir Leslie masterminded the trial and Allison's fake execution?
8. How does Stone insure that Allison has an alibi for her whereabouts when the Race pulls out of the harbor?
9. What does Stone learn about Paul and Libby's divorce decree?
10. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)