|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone has Allison give him two blank pieces of paper with her signature and _________________.
(a) a blank check.
(b) the key to the safety deposit box.
(c) her credit cards.
(d) the deed to the yacht.
2. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
(a) They had a beach house there.
(b) They were quite visible on the social scene.
(c) Few people remember them.
(d) They hosted many parties on their yacht.
3. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
(a) They fought about navigational plans.
(b) They were never seen together.
(c) They never came off the yacht.
(d) They were so affectionate toward each other.
4. How much was the value of Paul Manning's life insurance policy?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $50 million.
(d) $12 million.
5. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(b) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
(c) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(d) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
2. Thomas gives Stone of list of ____________________.
3. Where had the woman in #52 been vacationing?
4. What does Allison neglect to tell the person in #45?
5. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
2. What is significant about Stone's finding the new rubber dinghy still intact on the yacht?
3. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
4. What does Stone learn about Libby from Allison and why is he concerned that she has shown up?
5. Who is Hilary Kramer and what is her role in the story?
6. How does Stone manage the media and press conference for Allison?
7. Who is Allison Manning and how does Stone come in contact with her?
8. What is Libby's fate when trying to leave the island and why does Stone not think Allison is behind the tragedy?
9. Who is Thomas and what is he able to tell Stone about the yacht in the harbor and its passengers?
10. Who is Jim Forrester and how does Stone meet him?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)