|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
(a) They had a beach house there.
(b) They were quite visible on the social scene.
(c) Few people remember them.
(d) They hosted many parties on their yacht.
2. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
(a) Sir Greer Billingsley.
(b) Sir William Malone.
(c) Sir Robert Lewis.
(d) Sir Leslie Hewitt.
3. Sir Winston says that Allison could have pushed her husband overboard while he was _________________.
4. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(a) Plane ticket.
(b) Legal advice.
5. Stone tells Jim Forrester that Allison will be ________________ if she is found guilty.
(a) given an appeal.
(b) given probation.
(d) imprisoned for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas gives Stone of list of ____________________.
2. Stone talks to a producer of which television show about doing a story on Allison?
3. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
4. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
5. Where does Hilary Kramer interview Allison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Allison unable to elude the police as she tries to escape from the island?
2. Who is Allison Manning and how does Stone come in contact with her?
3. What is Libby's fate when trying to leave the island and why does Stone not think Allison is behind the tragedy?
4. What is Allison's story regarding her husband's death?
5. How does Stone manage the media and press conference for Allison?
6. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
7. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
8. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
9. Why can Stone not represent Allison in her trial and why does Sir Leslie appear to be the perfect man for the job?
10. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)