|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are present when Chris Wheaton interviews Allison?
(a) Stone and Sir Leslie.
(b) Stone and Thomas.
(c) Stone and Jim Forrester.
(d) Stone and Sir Winston.
2. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He got sunburned.
(b) He had a heart attack and died.
(c) He was knocked unconscious.
(d) He got food poisoning.
3. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
(a) Arrington Carter.
(b) Allison Manning.
(c) Therese Manning.
(d) Lucille Manning.
4. Who is the reporter from 60 Minutes?
(a) Cecily Grammer.
(b) Ellen Zimmer.
(c) Chris Wheaton.
(d) Maggie Barth.
5. What frustrates Stone about working with Sir Leslie?
(a) The lack of funds to hire experts.
(b) No attention to detail.
(c) Not enough investigation.
(d) The lack of strategic planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Paul's medical report?
2. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
3. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
4. Stone's girlfriend decides to stay in New York to ______________________.
5. What is Stone's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hilary Kramer and what is her role in the story?
2. Why does Jim Forrester want to be present when Allison gives an interview to the reporter from 60 Minutes?
3. Who is Frank Stendahl and how is his testimony damning for Allison?
4. Describe Allison's demeanor during her testimony.
5. Who is Jim Forrester and how does Stone meet him?
6. What does Stone learn about Libby from Allison and why is he concerned that she has shown up?
7. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
8. Who is Libby Manning and what is her possible impact on Allison's trial?
9. What is Stone's plan for putting some public pressure on Sir Winston regarding the case?
10. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)