Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can rule the death a suicide.
(b) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(c) They can offer an open verdict.
(d) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
2. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) The press.
3. What was Stone's former profession?
4. What does Stone tell Allison is her best chance of surviving her situation?
(a) Seduce the prosecuting attorney.
(b) Pay off the judge.
(c) Create a media frenzy.
(d) Plead insanity.
5. Paul Manning survived financially on __________________.
(b) pension checks.
(d) royalty checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
2. Allison does not act like _____________________.
3. Stone has dinner with Allison to tell her about _____________________.
4. What does Sir Leslie send Stone to get when Stone and Allison arrive for lunch?
5. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Leslie gives Stone from Allison, and what does he ask of Stone?
2. How does Stone manage the media and press conference for Allison?
3. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
4. What is the real reason the jury convicts Allison and what is her sentence?
5. Who is Jim Forrester and how does Stone meet him?
6. What does Bob Cantor uncover regarding the Mannings' activities prior to leaving the Canary Islands?
7. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
8. How is Sir Winston unsuccessful at undermining Stone with a surprise witness as the trial begins?
9. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
10. What assertions is Stone able to make regarding Paul Manning's health as a possible cause of death and the reason why Stendahl would like to see Allison convicted?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)