|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
(a) Time magazine.
(b) Newsweek magazine.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) New Yorker magazine.
2. What does the judge make it impossible for Stone to do?
(a) Use his cell phone in the courtroom.
(b) Return to the U.S.
(c) Wear his own suits to court.
(d) Bring in another barrister.
3. What does the man in #37 ask the judge immediately in the courtroom?
(a) If Stone can be admitted to the St. Mark's bar during the trial.
(b) If the charges against Allison can be dropped.
(c) If they can get a change of venue for the trial.
(d) If they can get a postponement of the trial.
4. Allison tells Stone that Paul made monthly alimony payments to his first wife in the amount of _____________.
5. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
(a) She killed Paul.
(b) She and Paul never divorced.
(c) Her child should inherit Paul's estate.
(d) The yacht belongs to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
2. What piece of the Mannings' property had been stolen?
3. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
4. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
5. Where did the woman in #10 say she and her husband stopped to make a few repairs on the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Libby's fate when trying to leave the island and why does Stone not think Allison is behind the tragedy?
2. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
3. How does Stone manage the media and press conference for Allison?
4. Why can Stone not represent Allison in her trial and why does Sir Leslie appear to be the perfect man for the job?
5. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
6. What is significant about Stone's finding the new rubber dinghy still intact on the yacht?
7. Who is Stone Barrington?
8. What deal does Stone strike with Libby on Allison's behalf?
9. What does Sir Winston insinuate about Allison's role in her husband's death at the coroner's inquest?
10. Who is Chris Wheaton and what is her role in the peripheral trial activities?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)