|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
(b) a fake death.
2. How much was the value of Paul Manning's life insurance policy?
(b) $12 million.
(c) $1 million.
(d) $50 million.
3. Where does Hilary Kramer interview Allison?
(a) Her yacht.
(b) A hotel suite.
(c) The bar.
(d) A yacht club.
4. Stone talks to a producer of which television show about doing a story on Allison?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(c) Larry King Show.
(d) The Oprah Show.
5. On St. Marks, anyone convicted of a crime is often _____________________.
(b) imprisoned for life.
(d) hanged within days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Stone when he returns to the bar?
2. Stone calls Cantor and leaves a message for him to _____________________.
3. Who are present when Chris Wheaton interviews Allison?
4. Where does Allison stay until a press conference can be arranged?
5. Paul Manning survived financially on __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jim Forrester's reaction when Stone suggests that Stendahl might actually be Paul Manning?
2. Describe Jim Forrester's testimony at the trial.
3. What is Stone's life like after the trial and what revelation does he make that now makes sense?
4. What two possibilities for a faked death exist as revealed by Bob Cantor and what is Stone's opinion of these?
5. How does Stone manage the media and press conference for Allison?
6. What does Stone learn about Arrington who has still not shown up on the island?
7. Who is Libby Manning and what is her possible impact on Allison's trial?
8. What is Allison's story regarding her husband's death?
9. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
10. What is the verdict in the coroner's inquest into the plane crash that killed Libby Manning?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)