|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following will NOT occur if Allison tries to leave St. Marks?
(a) She will be granted a new trial.
(b) Her yacht will be confiscated.
(c) She will be hanged immediately.
(d) She will be considered guilty.
2. What does Chris Weaton insist on doing despite her producer's reluctance?
(a) Filming a documentary on Allison.
(b) Sleeping with Stone.
(c) Staying on St. Marks to do a follow-up segment on the trial.
(d) Filming courtroom scenes.
3. What was Stone's former profession?
4. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a flirt.
(b) a grieving widow.
(c) a professional.
(d) a philanthropist.
5. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
(a) They never came off the yacht.
(b) They were so affectionate toward each other.
(c) They were never seen together.
(d) They fought about navigational plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allison stay until a press conference can be arranged?
2. What is the amount Libby agrees to in exchange for relinquishing any claims to Paul's estate?
3. What does Hilary Kramer believe about Allison?
4. What does the judge make it impossible for Stone to do?
5. What is Stone's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Allison have mixed feelings regarding Stone's payment to Libby?
2. What is Stone's plan for putting some public pressure on Sir Winston regarding the case?
3. Who is Hilary Kramer and what is her role in the story?
4. How could Stone's media blitz backfire on him and be negative for Allison's trial?
5. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
6. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
7. What two possibilities for a faked death exist as revealed by Bob Cantor and what is Stone's opinion of these?
8. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
9. Why is Allison unable to elude the police as she tries to escape from the island?
10. Who is Arrington Carter and what is her relationship with Stone?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)