|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone has Allison give him two blank pieces of paper with her signature and _________________.
(a) her credit cards.
(b) the deed to the yacht.
(c) a blank check.
(d) the key to the safety deposit box.
2. Where does Hilary Kramer interview Allison?
(a) Her yacht.
(b) The bar.
(c) A yacht club.
(d) A hotel suite.
3. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
(b) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
(c) He does not want to wake her.
(d) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
4. Paul Manning had to replace the item in #75 by ordering one from which city?
(a) Port au Prince.
5. Thomas gives Stone of list of ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount Libby agrees to in exchange for relinquishing any claims to Paul's estate?
2. What is notable about Paul's medical report?
3. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
4. Who was Paul Manning's first wife?
5. Who does Allison seduce while on her yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the investigator learn about Paul Manning which may indicate that he committed suicide?
2. Why does Stone use Paul Manning's medical report in the coroner's inquest?
3. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
4. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from his conversation with Bob Cantor?
5. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
6. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
7. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
8. What is so disconcerting about Jim Forrester's story?
9. Why is Allison unable to elude the police as she tries to escape from the island?
10. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)