|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from the person in #55?
(a) He was deeply in debt.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had a gunshot wound to the head.
(d) He committed suicide.
2. What is the name of the tropical island where Stone is vacationing?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Barts.
(c) St. Marks.
(d) St. Croix.
3. Stone has Allison give him two blank pieces of paper with her signature and _________________.
(a) the deed to the yacht.
(b) the key to the safety deposit box.
(c) a blank check.
(d) her credit cards.
4. What are the conditions of Allison's bail?
(a) She may not leave St. Mark's.
(b) She must pay $1,000,000.
(c) She must wear a tracking device.
(d) She is denied bail.
5. Who is not mentioned in Paul's will?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
2. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
3. Who is the reporter from 60 Minutes?
4. Stone talks to a producer of which television show about doing a story on Allison?
5. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chris Wheaton's opinion of Allison and how does she intend to portray Allison in the broadcast segment?
2. What does Sir Winston insinuate about Allison's role in her husband's death at the coroner's inquest?
3. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
4. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
5. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
6. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from his conversation with Bob Cantor?
7. Who is Hilary Kramer and what is her role in the story?
8. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
9. What does the investigator learn about Paul Manning which may indicate that he committed suicide?
10. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)