|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
2. Where do the police say they are taking the media when they load them onto a bus?
(a) A press conference.
(b) A cocktail reception.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) A tour of the crime scene.
3. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from the person in #55?
(a) He had a gunshot wound to the head.
(b) He was deeply in debt.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He had cancer.
4. On St. Marks, anyone convicted of a crime is often _____________________.
(a) imprisoned for life.
(d) hanged within days.
5. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) The police arrive to arrest her.
(b) The pilot is shot.
(c) She gets a threatening phone call.
(d) The hurricane hits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bob Cantor reveal to Stone about Paul Manning?
2. What event does Stone and Allison attend in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
4. Paul may have felt he was better off dead because of ____________________.
5. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
2. What is Stone's plan for putting some public pressure on Sir Winston regarding the case?
3. Why does Allison have mixed feelings regarding Stone's payment to Libby?
4. What is Allison's story regarding her husband's death?
5. Who is Arrington Carter and what is her relationship with Stone?
6. What does Bob Cantor uncover regarding the Mannings' activities prior to leaving the Canary Islands?
7. What two possibilities for a faked death exist as revealed by Bob Cantor and what is Stone's opinion of these?
8. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
9. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
10. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from his conversation with Bob Cantor?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)