|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Peggy Monnin.
(b) Allison Manning.
(c) Janet Strawn.
(d) Maggie Barth.
2. Paul Manning had to replace the item in #75 by ordering one from which city?
(a) Port au Prince.
3. What does the judge make it impossible for Stone to do?
(a) Return to the U.S.
(b) Bring in another barrister.
(c) Use his cell phone in the courtroom.
(d) Wear his own suits to court.
4. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
5. Sir Winston asks Allison about her husband's ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
2. Sir Winston says that Allison could have pushed her husband overboard while he was _________________.
3. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
4. Stone tells Libby that Allison will pay her __________________ if she will sign a contract promising not to make any more claims against Paul's estate.
5. Stone and Jim wonder what would have happened to Allison if she had ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Stone's finding the new rubber dinghy still intact on the yacht?
2. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
3. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
4. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
5. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
6. Why does Stone use Paul Manning's medical report in the coroner's inquest?
7. What does Bob Cantor uncover regarding the Mannings' activities prior to leaving the Canary Islands?
8. Who is Arrington Carter and what is her relationship with Stone?
9. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
10. Who is Allison Manning and how does Stone come in contact with her?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)