|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stone call his secretary?
(a) To make financial arrangements for the investigation.
(b) To fax him some documents.
(c) To change his airline tickets.
(d) To make new hotel reservations.
2. Stone calls Bill Eggers to have him hire _________________.
(a) a caterer.
(b) a couple of thugs.
(c) a pilot.
(d) a PR firm.
3. Why can Stone not defend Allison in her trial?
(a) He is in love with her and it would be a conflict.
(b) He has to go back to the States and cannot commit.
(c) He is not a criminal attorney.
(d) He is not English or admitted to the English bar association.
4. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can offer an open verdict.
(b) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
(c) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(d) They can rule the death a suicide.
5. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) The 60 Minutes crew.
(c) Paul's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the yacht that Stone watches come into the harbor?
2. What are the conditions of Allison's bail?
3. Stone's girlfriend decides to stay in New York to ______________________.
4. In Chapter 24, Stone goes over testimony with whom?
5. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Winston insinuate about Allison's role in her husband's death at the coroner's inquest?
2. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
3. Who is Libby Manning and what is her possible impact on Allison's trial?
4. Who is Allison Manning and how does Stone come in contact with her?
5. What is Allison's story regarding her husband's death?
6. What is so disconcerting about Jim Forrester's story?
7. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
8. What is significant about Stone's finding the new rubber dinghy still intact on the yacht?
9. What does the investigator learn about Paul Manning which may indicate that he committed suicide?
10. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)