|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
(d) a fake death.
2. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
3. Stone has Allison give him two blank pieces of paper with her signature and _________________.
(a) the key to the safety deposit box.
(b) a blank check.
(c) her credit cards.
(d) the deed to the yacht.
4. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Peggy Monnin.
(b) Allison Manning.
(c) Janet Strawn.
(d) Maggie Barth.
5. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
(a) Mike Kerrigan.
(b) Bob Cantor.
(c) Bob Shroyer.
(d) Jerry Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
2. What item of Paul's is found on board the yacht?
3. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
4. What does Hilary Kramer believe about Allison?
5. Who is representing Allison legally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
2. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
3. What does the investigator learn about Paul Manning which may indicate that he committed suicide?
4. What is so disconcerting about Jim Forrester's story?
5. What does Bob Cantor uncover regarding the Mannings' activities prior to leaving the Canary Islands?
6. What does Stone learn from Sir Leslie about the drastic punishment inflicted on guilty parties in St. Marks?
7. What are the terms of Allison's bail, and what are consequences if she should violate it?
8. What does Bob Cantor find out about Paul Manning's financial situation and why does Stone negate Bob's assertions that Paul may have killed himself?
9. Why is Allison unable to elude the police as she tries to escape from the island?
10. What does Stone learn about Libby from Allison and why is he concerned that she has shown up?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)