|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On St. Marks, anyone convicted of a crime is often _____________________.
(a) hanged within days.
(b) imprisoned for life.
2. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
3. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
4. Sir Winston asks Allison about her husband's ________________.
5. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Allison Manning.
(b) Peggy Monnin.
(c) Janet Strawn.
(d) Maggie Barth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allison stay until a press conference can be arranged?
2. Who is on the yacht that Stone watches come into the harbor?
3. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
4. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
5. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Stone strike with Libby on Allison's behalf?
2. Why does Jim Forrester want to be present when Allison gives an interview to the reporter from 60 Minutes?
3. Who is Hilary Kramer and what is her role in the story?
4. What request does Sir Leslie make of the court regarding Stone?
5. What happens to the reporters who have come to the island to cover Allison's trial?
6. Why is Allison's seduction of Stone a suspicious move?
7. How could Stone's media blitz backfire on him and be negative for Allison's trial?
8. Why does Stone use Paul Manning's medical report in the coroner's inquest?
9. Why is Sir Winston, the Minister of Justice, so interested in Allison's case?
10. What is so disconcerting about Jim Forrester's story?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)