|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
(a) a fake death.
2. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
(b) They can rule the death a suicide.
(c) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(d) They can offer an open verdict.
3. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
(a) They fought about navigational plans.
(b) They were so affectionate toward each other.
(c) They were never seen together.
(d) They never came off the yacht.
4. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He got sunburned.
(b) He got food poisoning.
(c) He was knocked unconscious.
(d) He had a heart attack and died.
5. What does Stone tell Allison is her best chance of surviving her situation?
(a) Plead insanity.
(b) Seduce the prosecuting attorney.
(c) Create a media frenzy.
(d) Pay off the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas has many brothers who have what kind of job?
2. Who is the interim barrister defending Allison?
3. What does Jim Forrester tell Stone about Allison's case?
4. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
5. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jim Forrester and how does Stone meet him?
2. What does Bob Cantor uncover regarding the Mannings' activities prior to leaving the Canary Islands?
3. What does Stone learn about Libby from Allison and why is he concerned that she has shown up?
4. Who is Chris Wheaton and what is her role in the peripheral trial activities?
5. Why does Allison have mixed feelings regarding Stone's payment to Libby?
6. What is the message of the fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
7. Why does Stone use Paul Manning's medical report in the coroner's inquest?
8. Why does Jim Forrester want to be present when Allison gives an interview to the reporter from 60 Minutes?
9. What deal does Stone strike with Libby on Allison's behalf?
10. Who is Stone Barrington?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)