|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(b) Hilary Kramer.
(c) Sir Leslie.
2. What does Allison give to Stone for his legal fees?
(b) Her townhouse in New York.
(c) Her home in Bermuda.
(d) The yacht.
3. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
(a) A minister.
(b) A cop.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A pilot.
4. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(b) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(c) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(d) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
5. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) So his company can recover the money.
(b) She refused to have an affair with him.
(c) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
(d) She tried to de-fraud his company.
6. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) A missing spear.
(b) The first aid kit.
(c) The rubber dinghy.
(d) A case of champagne.
7. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(c) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
(d) Leaves the room.
8. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(d) Jim Forrester.
9. Who is having lunch with Sir Leslie when Stone goes to Sir Leslie's house?
(a) Sir Winston.
10. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
(b) She could not get it to work.
(c) She panicked and forgot about it.
(d) There was no phone on board.
11. What is the verdict delivered in the case?
(c) Hung jury.
(d) Not guilty.
12. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
(a) Allison was a devoted wife.
(b) there is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(c) Paul Manning committed suicide.
(d) Allison had no motive to kill her husband.
13. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Leslie.
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) Sir Brice.
(d) Sir Edward.
14. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
(a) in Brisbane.
(b) in London.
(c) in New York.
(d) in the Cayman Islands.
15. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a pretrial meeting.
(b) For a social visit.
(c) For a press conference.
(d) For a budget meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone and Allison discuss whether or not Allison will be responsible for ___________________________.
2. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
3. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
4. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
5. The Constabulary testifies that there were multiple _______________ found on the Expansive.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)