|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was written in the third-person point of view.
(b) was lying out on a bedside table.
(c) was securely locked in a drawer.
(d) actually belonged to Libby.
2. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
(a) She loves him very much.
(b) She is staying in California.
(c) She is moving out of the house.
(d) She is too sick to travel.
3. Who comes to the Shipwright's Arms looking for Stone?
(b) Sir Leslie.
(c) Two cops.
4. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
(a) Frank Stendahl.
(b) Paul Lieberman.
(c) Eddie Gleason.
(d) Bryce Garrison.
5. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) She refused to have an affair with him.
(b) So his company can recover the money.
(c) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
(d) She tried to de-fraud his company.
6. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
(a) The Rusty Nail.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) Gabby's Bar & Grill.
(d) The Shipwright's Arms.
7. What is the content of the item in #111?
(a) Libby's lawsuit.
(b) Libby and Paul's divorce decree.
(c) Cantor's arrest.
(d) Allison's guilty plea.
8. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
(a) Harry Pearson.
(b) Harley Potter.
(c) Brock Garrison.
(d) Harlan Sloan.
9. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
10. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
11. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(a) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
(c) Leaves the room.
12. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(b) To wire him some money.
(c) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(d) To issue a notice about the execution.
13. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
(b) Yells obscenities.
14. With whom does Stone go to lunch in Chapter 53?
(d) Sir Leslie.
15. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She did not have a will.
(b) She had a second husband.
(c) She had an elderly mother.
(d) She had six children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
2. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
3. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
4. What is Allison doing when Stone visits her on the yacht?
5. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)