|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
(a) personal prejudice.
(b) media coverage.
(c) personal fear of Sir Winston.
2. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She had an elderly mother.
(b) She did not have a will.
(c) She had six children.
(d) She had a second husband.
3. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
(a) have a spear gun on board.
(b) do not have satellite phones.
(c) are painted white.
(d) are not built for speed.
4. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
(a) four homes.
(b) a perfect marriage.
(c) three children.
(d) political aspirations.
5. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
(a) A leaking fuel line.
(b) Inclement weather.
(c) Pilot error.
(d) Mechanical failure.
6. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a pretrial meeting.
(b) For a social visit.
(c) For a budget meeting.
(d) For a press conference.
7. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A cop.
(d) A minister.
8. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(b) He tells her about Libby's death.
(c) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(d) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
9. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
(a) Allison had no motive to kill her husband.
(b) Allison was a devoted wife.
(c) there is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(d) Paul Manning committed suicide.
10. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
11. Why does Stone call Bill Eggers from the yacht?
(a) To have him arrange a media blitz.
(b) To ask for his help in writing an appeal.
(c) To come to the island right away.
(d) To have him wire some money.
12. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
(b) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
(c) There was no murder weapon found.
(d) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
13. What does the plane's mechanic reveal when Stone goes to the airport to see him?
(a) He lied in his testimony at the coroner's inquest.
(b) He hasn't had his license very long and could have made a mistake.
(c) He had seen Thomas at the airport hangar the night before the crash.
(d) Anyone could have had access to the plane and tools on the night before the crash.
14. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(a) His son.
(b) Libby's mother.
(c) His ex-wife.
15. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
2. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
3. Who is the Constabulary who Sir Winston calls to testify?
4. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
5. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)