|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
(a) A minister.
(b) A cop.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A pilot.
2. For how many years was Paul required to make alimony payments to Libby?
3. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His mortgage company.
(c) The IRS.
(d) Libby's mother.
4. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
(a) Six months ago.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Three weeks ago.
(d) A year ago.
5. What is the verdict delivered in the case?
(c) Hung jury.
(d) Not guilty.
6. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
(a) has any alcohol until the trial is over.
(b) call on his business line.
(c) meets with Sir Leslie alone again.
(d) give any more interviews.
7. Who is the Constabulary who Sir Winston calls to testify?
(a) Captain Murphy.
(b) Captain Kerrigan.
(c) Captain Sloane.
(d) Captain Beane.
8. With whom does Stone go to lunch in Chapter 53?
(a) Sir Leslie.
9. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
(a) Hilary Kramer.
(b) Phil Gerard.
(c) Frank Stendahl.
(d) Jim Forrester.
10. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was lying out on a bedside table.
(b) actually belonged to Libby.
(c) was securely locked in a drawer.
(d) was written in the third-person point of view.
11. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He compliments her.
(b) He berates her.
(c) He praises her.
(d) He chastises her.
12. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) So his company can recover the money.
(b) She refused to have an affair with him.
(c) She tried to de-fraud his company.
(d) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
13. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
(a) Brock Garrison.
(b) Harry Pearson.
(c) Harley Potter.
(d) Harlan Sloan.
14. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(a) His son.
(b) His ex-wife.
(d) Libby's mother.
15. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) A missing spear.
(b) A case of champagne.
(c) The rubber dinghy.
(d) The first aid kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
2. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
3. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
4. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
5. What does Allison give to Stone for his legal fees?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)