|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years was Paul required to make alimony payments to Libby?
2. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) She could not get it to work.
(b) There was no phone on board.
(c) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
(d) She panicked and forgot about it.
3. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
(a) Mission Bay.
(d) St. Thomas.
4. While on the stand, how does Allison describe her early marriage to Paul?
(b) Constant negotiations.
(c) Lean years.
5. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone visits her in the jail the next day?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is calm.
(d) She is hysterical.
6. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
(a) Libby's mother.
(b) The IRS.
(c) His mortgage company.
(d) His ex-wife.
7. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a private detective.
(c) He is a CEO on vacation.
(d) He is actually Paul Manning.
8. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
(a) has any alcohol until the trial is over.
(b) call on his business line.
(c) meets with Sir Leslie alone again.
(d) give any more interviews.
9. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
10. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was written in the third-person point of view.
(b) was securely locked in a drawer.
(c) actually belonged to Libby.
(d) was lying out on a bedside table.
11. Stone realizes that ________________ is actually Paul Manning.
(c) Sir Leslie.
12. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To issue a notice about the execution.
(b) To wire him some money.
(c) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(d) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
13. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a press conference.
(b) For a pretrial meeting.
(c) For a social visit.
(d) For a budget meeting.
14. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
(a) Yells obscenities.
15. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
(a) She has married Vance Calder.
(b) She is held up due to a work deadline.
(c) She wants to marry him on the island.
(d) She'll be arriving tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
2. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
3. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
4. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
5. Who is having lunch with Sir Leslie when Stone goes to Sir Leslie's house?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)