|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
(a) St. Thomas.
(c) Mission Bay.
2. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) So his company can recover the money.
(b) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
(c) She refused to have an affair with him.
(d) She tried to de-fraud his company.
3. Who is having lunch with Sir Leslie when Stone goes to Sir Leslie's house?
(c) Sir Winston.
4. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(a) Leaves the room.
(b) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
5. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
(a) four homes.
(b) three children.
(c) a perfect marriage.
(d) political aspirations.
6. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(b) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
(c) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(d) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
7. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
(a) A leaking fuel line.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) Inclement weather.
(d) Mechanical failure.
8. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
9. Stone and Allison discuss whether or not Allison will be responsible for ___________________________.
(a) the contract with Libby.
(b) estate taxes.
(c) expert fees.
(d) legal fees.
10. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(b) Sir Leslie.
11. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
(c) foul play.
(d) death by misadventure.
12. While on the stand, how does Allison describe her early marriage to Paul?
(b) Constant negotiations.
(d) Lean years.
13. For how many years was Paul required to make alimony payments to Libby?
14. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) A missing spear.
(b) A case of champagne.
(c) The rubber dinghy.
(d) The first aid kit.
15. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
(a) She is held up due to a work deadline.
(b) She has married Vance Calder.
(c) She'll be arriving tomorrow.
(d) She wants to marry him on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the person in #148?
2. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
3. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
4. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
5. What does Stone receive as he has breakfast with the person in #109?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)