|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(b) 60 Minutes.
(c) The Daily Show.
(d) The Today Show.
2. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
(a) Libby's mother.
(b) The IRS.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His mortgage company.
3. Stone and Allison discuss whether or not Allison will be responsible for ___________________________.
(a) estate taxes.
(b) the contract with Libby.
(c) expert fees.
(d) legal fees.
4. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
5. What does Stone receive as he has breakfast with the person in #109?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A fax.
(d) A telegram.
6. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
(a) Insurance salesman.
(b) Private detective.
7. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) actually belonged to Libby.
(b) was lying out on a bedside table.
(c) was securely locked in a drawer.
(d) was written in the third-person point of view.
8. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(b) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(c) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(d) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
9. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) The plane crash.
(c) Libby's lawsuit.
(d) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
10. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(b) Leaves the room.
(c) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
11. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a private detective.
(b) He is a CEO on vacation.
(c) He is actually Paul Manning.
(d) He is a reporter.
12. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) Sir Edward.
(c) Sir Brice.
(d) Sir Leslie.
13. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
(a) A house in Bermuda.
(b) An island.
(c) A plane.
(d) A chalet in Aspen.
14. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
(a) Harley Potter.
(b) Harry Pearson.
(c) Harlan Sloan.
(d) Brock Garrison.
15. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) She could not get it to work.
(b) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
(c) There was no phone on board.
(d) She panicked and forgot about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
2. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
3. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
4. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
5. Stone realizes that ________________ is actually Paul Manning.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)