|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the person in #148?
(a) Ship's captain.
(d) Insurance investigator.
2. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
(b) death by misadventure.
(c) foul play.
3. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She did not have a will.
(b) She had an elderly mother.
(c) She had six children.
(d) She had a second husband.
4. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
(a) The priest wants time alone with her.
(b) Allison asks them to leave.
(c) They have to make phone calls regarding the appeals.
(d) The judge calls an emergency hearing.
5. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
(a) Paul Manning could have died of a heart attack.
(b) Allison is not Paul Manning's widow.
(c) Jim Forrester killed Paul Manning.
(d) Paul Manning is still alive.
6. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
(a) personal prejudice.
(c) media coverage.
(d) personal fear of Sir Winston.
7. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
(a) Paul Manning committed suicide.
(b) Allison was a devoted wife.
(c) Allison had no motive to kill her husband.
(d) there is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
8. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) The plane crash.
(b) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(c) Libby's lawsuit.
(d) The rubber dinghy.
9. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(b) To issue a notice about the execution.
(c) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(d) To wire him some money.
10. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(b) The Daily Show.
(d) The Today Show.
11. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
(a) a perfect marriage.
(b) three children.
(c) political aspirations.
(d) four homes.
12. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was written in the third-person point of view.
(b) was lying out on a bedside table.
(c) was securely locked in a drawer.
(d) actually belonged to Libby.
13. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(b) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
(c) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(d) He tells her about Libby's death.
14. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He compliments her.
(b) He praises her.
(c) He chastises her.
(d) He berates her.
15. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) The IRS.
(c) Libby's mother.
(d) His mortgage company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
2. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
3. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
4. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
5. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)