|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
(a) there is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(b) Paul Manning committed suicide.
(c) Allison was a devoted wife.
(d) Allison had no motive to kill her husband.
2. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
(a) She'll be arriving tomorrow.
(b) She is held up due to a work deadline.
(c) She wants to marry him on the island.
(d) She has married Vance Calder.
3. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) She tried to de-fraud his company.
(b) She refused to have an affair with him.
(c) So his company can recover the money.
(d) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
4. The Constabulary also testifies that most fishing boats ___________________.
(a) are painted white.
(b) do not have satellite phones.
(c) are not built for speed.
(d) have a spear gun on board.
5. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
(a) The Rusty Nail.
(b) The Shipwright's Arms.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) Gabby's Bar & Grill.
6. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(b) Sir Leslie.
7. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(b) To issue a notice about the execution.
(c) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(d) To wire him some money.
8. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(b) 60 Minutes.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) The Daily Show.
9. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
(d) Yells obscenities.
10. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone visits her in the jail the next day?
(a) She is calm.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is hysterical.
11. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Leslie.
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) Sir Edward.
(d) Sir Brice.
12. What does Allison do the night before the trial?
(a) Cooks dinner for Stone.
(b) Has a nervous breakdown.
(c) Escapes from the island.
(d) Attempts to bribe Sir Winston.
13. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
(b) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(c) He tells her about Libby's death.
(d) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
14. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He compliments her.
(b) He berates her.
(c) He praises her.
(d) He chastises her.
15. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
(a) An island.
(b) A plane.
(c) A chalet in Aspen.
(d) A house in Bermuda.
Short Answer Questions
1. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
2. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
3. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
4. What is the verdict delivered in the case?
5. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)