|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
(a) Harley Potter.
(b) Harry Pearson.
(c) Harlan Sloan.
(d) Brock Garrison.
2. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
(b) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(c) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(d) He tells her about Libby's death.
3. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(c) Sir Leslie.
4. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A cop.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A minister.
5. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(b) Hilary Kramer.
(d) Sir Leslie.
6. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
(a) She is moving out of the house.
(b) She is staying in California.
(c) She is too sick to travel.
(d) She loves him very much.
7. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) She refused to have an affair with him.
(b) She tried to de-fraud his company.
(c) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
(d) So his company can recover the money.
8. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
9. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She had a second husband.
(b) She did not have a will.
(c) She had six children.
(d) She had an elderly mother.
10. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His mortgage company.
(c) The IRS.
(d) Libby's mother.
11. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) There was no phone on board.
(b) She panicked and forgot about it.
(c) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
(d) She could not get it to work.
12. Who comes to the Shipwright's Arms looking for Stone?
(b) Sir Leslie.
(d) Two cops.
13. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
(a) a perfect marriage.
(b) political aspirations.
(c) four homes.
(d) three children.
14. What does Allison give to Stone for his legal fees?
(a) The yacht.
(b) Her home in Bermuda.
(c) Her townhouse in New York.
15. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
(b) Mission Bay.
(c) St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
2. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
3. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
4. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
5. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)