|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
2. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
(a) For a press conference.
(b) For a budget meeting.
(c) For a pretrial meeting.
(d) For a social visit.
3. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She had six children.
(b) She had an elderly mother.
(c) She had a second husband.
(d) She did not have a will.
4. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
(a) A year ago.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) Three weeks ago.
5. What is Allison doing when Stone visits her on the yacht?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Watching television.
6. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
7. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
(a) give any more interviews.
(b) has any alcohol until the trial is over.
(c) meets with Sir Leslie alone again.
(d) call on his business line.
8. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(a) Sir Leslie.
(b) Hilary Kramer.
9. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
(a) there is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(b) Allison had no motive to kill her husband.
(c) Paul Manning committed suicide.
(d) Allison was a devoted wife.
10. Stone's two witnesses in the case are Allison and __________________.
(a) Seth Godown.
(b) Jim Forrester.
(c) Marcus Gerard.
(d) Tania Mowry.
11. Why does Stone call Bill Eggers from the yacht?
(a) To come to the island right away.
(b) To have him wire some money.
(c) To have him arrange a media blitz.
(d) To ask for his help in writing an appeal.
12. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) Inclement weather.
(c) A leaking fuel line.
(d) Mechanical failure.
13. When Stone cross-examines the Constabulary, he establishes that the diary ____________________.
(a) was lying out on a bedside table.
(b) was written in the third-person point of view.
(c) actually belonged to Libby.
(d) was securely locked in a drawer.
14. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
15. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) Sir Leslie.
(c) Sir Edward.
(d) Sir Brice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
2. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
3. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
4. Stone and Allison discuss whether or not Allison will be responsible for ___________________________.
5. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)