|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sir Leslie say will replace the prime minister?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) Sir Edward.
(c) Sir Brice.
(d) Sir Leslie.
2. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
(b) She panicked and forgot about it.
(c) There was no phone on board.
(d) She could not get it to work.
3. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
(b) St. Thomas.
(d) Mission Bay.
4. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He praises her.
(b) He compliments her.
(c) He chastises her.
(d) He berates her.
5. Who refuses to visit with Allison even though she requests to see him?
(c) Sir Leslie.
6. What does Allison do when she hears her sentence?
(d) Yells obscenities.
7. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(b) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(c) He tells her about Libby's death.
(d) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
8. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
(a) Hilary Kramer.
(b) Phil Gerard.
(c) Frank Stendahl.
(d) Jim Forrester.
9. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(b) Hilary Kramer.
(d) Sir Leslie.
10. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
11. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(b) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
(c) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(d) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
12. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
(a) She had a second husband.
(b) She did not have a will.
(c) She had an elderly mother.
(d) She had six children.
13. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
14. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) A case of champagne.
(c) The first aid kit.
(d) A missing spear.
15. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
(a) Compromising evidence.
(b) Killing Paul Manning.
(c) Bribing a witness.
(d) Sleeping with Allison.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Constabulary testifies that there were multiple _______________ found on the Expansive.
2. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
3. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
4. For how many years was Paul required to make alimony payments to Libby?
5. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)