|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
(a) Allison is not Paul Manning's widow.
(b) Paul Manning could have died of a heart attack.
(c) Jim Forrester killed Paul Manning.
(d) Paul Manning is still alive.
2. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(b) The Daily Show.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) 60 Minutes.
3. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(b) Libby's mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What is the name of the yacht which Allison has chartered to take her out of St. Marks?
5. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(b) Jim Forrester.
6. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(b) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(c) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(d) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
7. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
8. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a CEO on vacation.
(c) He is a private detective.
(d) He is actually Paul Manning.
9. Who is the lawyer who represents Libby and her mother?
(a) Harlan Sloan.
(b) Harry Pearson.
(c) Brock Garrison.
(d) Harley Potter.
10. The Constabulary testifies that there were multiple _______________ found on the Expansive.
(c) blood drops.
11. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) A missing spear.
(c) The first aid kit.
(d) A case of champagne.
12. The jury in the coroner's inquest rules Libby's death to be ______________________.
(a) death by misadventure.
(d) foul play.
13. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
(a) Bryce Garrison.
(b) Eddie Gleason.
(c) Frank Stendahl.
(d) Paul Lieberman.
14. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
15. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
(a) media coverage.
(c) personal prejudice.
(d) personal fear of Sir Winston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone calls his secretary to have her send $25,000 to whom?
2. Who is lying next to Stone when he awakens the next morning?
3. What news does Cantor give Stone regarding Libby Manning?
4. What is the profession of the person in #148?
5. Who does Thomas think the man in #139 is?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)