|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(b) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(c) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(d) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
2. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) The plane crash.
(b) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(c) Libby's lawsuit.
(d) The rubber dinghy.
3. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He tells her about Libby's death.
(b) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
(c) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(d) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
4. What is Allison's punishment?
(a) She is hanged.
(b) She gets life in prison.
(c) She is exiled from the island.
(d) She gets 15 years in prison.
5. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is actually Paul Manning.
(c) He is a private detective.
(d) He is a CEO on vacation.
6. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(b) The Today Show.
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) The Daily Show.
7. Jim Forrester testifies that the Mannings had ______________________.
(a) four homes.
(b) three children.
(c) political aspirations.
(d) a perfect marriage.
8. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) Libby's mother.
(d) His son.
9. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
10. Stone insists that Allison never _________________.
(a) call on his business line.
(b) meets with Sir Leslie alone again.
(c) give any more interviews.
(d) has any alcohol until the trial is over.
11. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone visits her in the jail the next day?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is hysterical.
(d) She is calm.
12. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) The first aid kit.
(b) A missing spear.
(c) A case of champagne.
(d) The rubber dinghy.
13. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
(b) There was no murder weapon found.
(c) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
(d) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
14. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He praises her.
(b) He compliments her.
(c) He berates her.
(d) He chastises her.
15. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
(a) Frank Stendahl.
(b) Bryce Garrison.
(c) Paul Lieberman.
(d) Eddie Gleason.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
2. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
3. Why does Sir Winston say he wants to see Stone?
4. Stone's two witnesses in the case are Allison and __________________.
5. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)