|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Constabulary who Sir Winston calls to testify?
(a) Captain Sloane.
(b) Captain Kerrigan.
(c) Captain Beane.
(d) Captain Murphy.
2. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) Libby's lawsuit.
(b) The plane crash.
(c) The rubber dinghy.
(d) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
3. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
(a) Frank Stendahl.
(b) Hilary Kramer.
(c) Phil Gerard.
(d) Jim Forrester.
4. Who does Stone meet with for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(a) Hilary Kramer.
(c) Sir Leslie.
5. What is Allison's punishment?
(a) She is hanged.
(b) She gets 15 years in prison.
(c) She gets life in prison.
(d) She is exiled from the island.
6. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
(a) The priest wants time alone with her.
(b) They have to make phone calls regarding the appeals.
(c) The judge calls an emergency hearing.
(d) Allison asks them to leave.
7. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(b) Jim Forrester.
8. What is Allison doing when Stone visits her on the yacht?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(d) Watching television.
9. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
(a) Paul Manning could have died of a heart attack.
(b) Jim Forrester killed Paul Manning.
(c) Allison is not Paul Manning's widow.
(d) Paul Manning is still alive.
10. What does the man in #139 say his profession is?
(a) Private detective.
(d) Insurance salesman.
11. Who is lying next to Stone when he awakens the next morning?
12. What does Sir Winston accuse Stone of?
(a) Killing Paul Manning.
(b) Compromising evidence.
(c) Bribing a witness.
(d) Sleeping with Allison.
13. The mechanic of the plane in which Libby died testifies that the crash could have been caused by what?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) Inclement weather.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A leaking fuel line.
14. What does Allison do during Stone's practice questioning?
(c) Fakes a tearful breakdown.
(d) Leaves the room.
15. Who comes to the Shipwright's Arms looking for Stone?
(a) Two cops.
(d) Sir Leslie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone receive as he has breakfast with the person in #109?
2. Why does Stone call Bill Eggers from the yacht?
3. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
4. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
5. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)