|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) A missing spear.
(c) The first aid kit.
(d) A case of champagne.
2. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
(a) They have to make phone calls regarding the appeals.
(b) The priest wants time alone with her.
(c) Allison asks them to leave.
(d) The judge calls an emergency hearing.
3. What is the content of the item in #111?
(a) Libby's lawsuit.
(b) Allison's guilty plea.
(c) Cantor's arrest.
(d) Libby and Paul's divorce decree.
4. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(b) Jim Forrester.
5. What is the profession of the person in #148?
(a) Ship's captain.
(d) Insurance investigator.
6. What does Stone consider buying with some of the money from the sale of the yacht?
(a) An island.
(b) A chalet in Aspen.
(c) A house in Bermuda.
(d) A plane.
7. Why does Stendahl want to see Allison convicted of murder?
(a) She tried to de-fraud his company.
(b) Paul Manning is his step-brother.
(c) So his company can recover the money.
(d) She refused to have an affair with him.
8. While on the stand, how does Allison describe her early marriage to Paul?
(b) Lean years.
(c) Constant negotiations.
9. How does Sir Winston treat Allison when she is on the stand?
(a) He compliments her.
(b) He chastises her.
(c) He berates her.
(d) He praises her.
10. The jury convicts Allison based on ___________________.
(a) personal prejudice.
(b) personal fear of Sir Winston.
(d) media coverage.
11. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(b) The rubber dinghy.
(c) The plane crash.
(d) Libby's lawsuit.
12. Why does Stone contact Bill Eggers again?
(a) To make housing arrangements in Antigua.
(b) To make travel arrangements for his trip back to the U.S.
(c) To wire him some money.
(d) To issue a notice about the execution.
13. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
(a) Three weeks ago.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) A year ago.
14. Stone's two witnesses in the case are Allison and __________________.
(a) Jim Forrester.
(b) Tania Mowry.
(c) Seth Godown.
(d) Marcus Gerard.
15. What issue does Sir Leslie raise that casts doubt in the prosecution's case?
(a) There is no proof that Allison was on the yacht.
(b) There was no murder weapon found.
(c) There is no proof that Paul accompanied his wife on the trip.
(d) There is no proof that Paul Manning is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. The witness testifies that the insurance money was moved to an account ___________________.
2. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
3. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
4. Who is Sir Winston's surprise witness?
5. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)