|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Stone release the yacht so that Stone can get away?
2. Bill Eggers begins a campaign of outrage against the prime minister including an interview on which television program?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(b) The Today Show.
(c) The Daily Show.
3. Where does Stone take Allison to dinner that night?
(a) The Shipwright's Arms.
(b) Gabby's Bar & Grill.
(c) The Rusty Nail.
(d) The Four Seasons.
4. With whom does Stone go to lunch in Chapter 53?
(b) Sir Leslie.
5. What does Stone notice is missing from the Expansive in Chapter 41?
(a) The rubber dinghy.
(b) A case of champagne.
(c) The first aid kit.
(d) A missing spear.
6. The jury in the case consists of ______________ men.
7. What is the content of the item in #111?
(a) Allison's guilty plea.
(b) Libby and Paul's divorce decree.
(c) Cantor's arrest.
(d) Libby's lawsuit.
8. What is the verdict delivered in the case?
(b) Hung jury.
(d) Not guilty.
9. During cross-examination, Stone establishes that _____________________.
(a) Allison is not Paul Manning's widow.
(b) Jim Forrester killed Paul Manning.
(c) Paul Manning is still alive.
(d) Paul Manning could have died of a heart attack.
10. To whom does Stone give $400,000 from the sale of the yacht?
(a) Libby's mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His ex-wife.
11. What does Stone tell the person about in #109?
(a) The plane crash.
(b) Libby's lawsuit.
(c) Sir Leslie's trial strategy.
(d) The rubber dinghy.
12. How does Allison appear as she gives her testimony?
13. When did the arrangement in #113 expire?
(a) Six months ago.
(b) Three weeks ago.
(c) A week ago.
(d) A year ago.
14. What does Stone tell Libby's lawyer?
(a) He needs to hire him for some research work.
(b) He tells her about Libby's death.
(c) He tells him that he needs his help in Allison's case.
(d) He tells him about the money Allison paid Libby.
15. What does the plane's mechanic reveal when Stone goes to the airport to see him?
(a) He lied in his testimony at the coroner's inquest.
(b) He had seen Thomas at the airport hangar the night before the crash.
(c) Anyone could have had access to the plane and tools on the night before the crash.
(d) He hasn't had his license very long and could have made a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Leslie makes his opening remarks, pointing out that ________________________.
2. What does Stone notice as he leave's Allison's yacht?
3. Why do Stone and Sir Leslie only visit with Allison for an hour at the jail?
4. What information does Arrington's faxed letter to Stone contain?
5. Who is lying next to Stone when he awakens the next morning?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)