|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stone's former profession?
2. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) There was a blizzard.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She lost her passport.
(d) She had to work.
3. Who is the reporter who wants to interview Allison?
(a) Patricia Godown.
(b) Hilary Kramer.
(c) Justine Axelrod.
(d) Gail Jensen.
4. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
(b) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
(c) He does not want to wake her.
(d) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
5. What does the man in #37 ask the judge immediately in the courtroom?
(a) If they can get a postponement of the trial.
(b) If Stone can be admitted to the St. Mark's bar during the trial.
(c) If they can get a change of venue for the trial.
(d) If the charges against Allison can be dropped.
6. What frustrates Stone about working with Sir Leslie?
(a) No attention to detail.
(b) The lack of funds to hire experts.
(c) Not enough investigation.
(d) The lack of strategic planning.
7. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
(b) Bob Cantor.
(d) Sir Winston.
8. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
(a) They had a beach house there.
(b) They were quite visible on the social scene.
(c) Few people remember them.
(d) They hosted many parties on their yacht.
9. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
10. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
11. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
(a) Panama hat.
(c) Flip Flops.
(d) A wig.
12. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) She gets a threatening phone call.
(b) The hurricane hits.
(c) The pilot is shot.
(d) The police arrive to arrest her.
13. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
(a) Accompany him on a stakeout.
(b) Arrange security on the dock.
(c) Loan him a video camera.
(d) Loan him some money.
14. Thomas gives Stone of list of ____________________.
15. Stone tells Jim Forrester that Allison will be ________________ if she is found guilty.
(a) given probation.
(b) imprisoned for life.
(c) given an appeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Winston asks Allison about her husband's ________________.
2. Who dies in the plane crash?
3. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
4. Who is the reporter from 60 Minutes?
5. Stone's girlfriend decides to stay in New York to ______________________.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)