Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
(a) She killed Paul.
(b) The yacht belongs to her.
(c) Her child should inherit Paul's estate.
(d) She and Paul never divorced.
2. Stone calls Bill Eggers to have him hire _________________.
(a) a couple of thugs.
(b) a caterer.
(c) a PR firm.
(d) a pilot.
3. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
4. What frustrates Stone about working with Sir Leslie?
(a) The lack of funds to hire experts.
(b) No attention to detail.
(c) Not enough investigation.
(d) The lack of strategic planning.
5. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
(a) Therese Manning.
(b) Lucille Manning.
(c) Arrington Carter.
(d) Allison Manning.
6. Paul Manning survived financially on __________________.
(b) pension checks.
(d) royalty checks.
7. Paul Manning had to replace the item in #75 by ordering one from which city?
(d) Port au Prince.
8. Where do the police say they are taking the media when they load them onto a bus?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) A tour of the crime scene.
(c) A press conference.
(d) A cocktail reception.
9. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Janet Strawn.
(b) Peggy Monnin.
(c) Allison Manning.
(d) Maggie Barth.
10. Thomas has many brothers who have what kind of job?
(a) They are police officers.
(b) They are stunt men.
(c) They are C.I.A.
(d) They are singers.
11. Stone calls Cantor and leaves a message for him to _____________________.
(a) check on his house.
(b) come to the island.
(c) get a copy of Manning's divorce decree.
(d) wire him some money.
12. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a philanthropist.
(b) a grieving widow.
(c) a flirt.
(d) a professional.
13. Stone and Jim wonder what would have happened to Allison if she had ____________________.
(a) docked in an American-held port.
(b) pled guilty.
(c) escaped when Stone told her to.
(d) never married Paul Manning.
14. Who is the reporter from 60 Minutes?
(a) Chris Wheaton.
(b) Cecily Grammer.
(c) Ellen Zimmer.
(d) Maggie Barth.
15. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(a) Legal advice.
(d) Plane ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul may have felt he was better off dead because of ____________________.
2. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
3. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
4. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
5. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)