|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the plane crash?
(a) Thomas and Libby.
(b) Chester and Cantor.
(c) Sir Leslie and Libby.
(d) Chester and Libby.
2. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
(a) They fought about navigational plans.
(b) They never came off the yacht.
(c) They were so affectionate toward each other.
(d) They were never seen together.
3. Stone calls Bill Eggers to have him hire _________________.
(a) a pilot.
(b) a couple of thugs.
(c) a caterer.
(d) a PR firm.
4. What is delivered to Allison while she is at the bar?
(a) A death certificate.
(b) A telegram.
(d) A bar tab.
5. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
(a) Sir Robert Lewis.
(b) Sir Greer Billingsley.
(c) Sir Leslie Hewitt.
(d) Sir William Malone.
6. Who is the reporter who wants to interview Allison?
(a) Gail Jensen.
(b) Hilary Kramer.
(c) Justine Axelrod.
(d) Patricia Godown.
7. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) She gets a threatening phone call.
(b) The pilot is shot.
(c) The hurricane hits.
(d) The police arrive to arrest her.
8. What does Stone go to the yacht to look for?
(a) The dinghy.
(b) A gun.
(c) Allison's jewelry.
9. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
(b) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
(c) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
(d) He does not want to wake her.
10. Paul Manning had to replace the item in #75 by ordering one from which city?
(a) Port au Prince.
11. What is waiting for Stone when he returns to the bar?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A car.
(c) A detective.
(d) A fax.
12. Why does Stone call his secretary?
(a) To make financial arrangements for the investigation.
(b) To make new hotel reservations.
(c) To change his airline tickets.
(d) To fax him some documents.
13. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(b) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
(c) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(d) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
14. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Time magazine.
(c) Newsweek magazine.
(d) New Yorker magazine.
15. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
(a) Tim Miller.
(b) Marvin Homan.
(c) Bill Eggers.
(d) Rich Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stone believe the press will be angry with Sir Winston?
2. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
3. Who is the interim barrister defending Allison?
4. What is the name of the woman's yacht?
5. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)