|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Stone and Allison attend in Chapter 5?
(a) A ball.
(b) An inquest.
(c) A cocktail party.
(d) An autopsy.
2. Who was Paul Manning's first wife?
3. Stone learns that Allison has been talking to __________________.
(a) the local media.
(b) the prosecuting attorney.
(c) an insurance investigator.
(d) her former boyfriend.
4. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He got sunburned.
(b) He was knocked unconscious.
(c) He got food poisoning.
(d) He had a heart attack and died.
5. Who is the pilot of the plane that will take Libby to Antigua?
6. How much was the value of Paul Manning's life insurance policy?
(a) $50 million.
(c) $1 million.
(d) $12 million.
7. Why does Stone call his secretary?
(a) To fax him some documents.
(b) To make financial arrangements for the investigation.
(c) To make new hotel reservations.
(d) To change his airline tickets.
8. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
9. Which of the following will NOT occur if Allison tries to leave St. Marks?
(a) She will be considered guilty.
(b) Her yacht will be confiscated.
(c) She will be granted a new trial.
(d) She will be hanged immediately.
10. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
(b) cosmetic case.
(d) cell phone.
11. What are the conditions of Allison's bail?
(a) She must wear a tracking device.
(b) She must pay $1,000,000.
(c) She is denied bail.
(d) She may not leave St. Mark's.
12. Who is representing Allison legally?
(a) No one.
13. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Allison Manning.
(b) Maggie Barth.
(c) Peggy Monnin.
(d) Janet Strawn.
14. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) The hurricane hits.
(b) The pilot is shot.
(c) She gets a threatening phone call.
(d) The police arrive to arrest her.
15. Where does Hilary Kramer interview Allison?
(a) The bar.
(b) A yacht club.
(c) A hotel suite.
(d) Her yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Paul's medical report?
2. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
3. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
4. Who is the interim barrister defending Allison?
5. What does Bob Cantor reveal to Stone about Paul Manning?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)