|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He got sunburned.
(b) He was knocked unconscious.
(c) He had a heart attack and died.
(d) He got food poisoning.
2. Thomas has many brothers who have what kind of job?
(a) They are singers.
(b) They are C.I.A.
(c) They are police officers.
(d) They are stunt men.
3. Sir Winston asks Allison about her husband's ________________.
4. What does Sir Leslie determine will be Stone's role in the trial?
(a) He will select the jury.
(b) He will deliver the opening arguments.
(c) He will deliver the closing arguments.
(d) He will question the witnesses.
5. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
(b) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(c) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(d) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
6. What frustrates Stone about working with Sir Leslie?
(a) The lack of strategic planning.
(b) The lack of funds to hire experts.
(c) Not enough investigation.
(d) No attention to detail.
7. Why does Stone believe the press will be angry with Sir Winston?
(a) He has them followed by detectives.
(b) He has issued a gag order on people involved in the trial.
(c) He had them flown off the island.
(d) He will not allow them in the courtroom.
8. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
(a) Sir William Malone.
(b) Sir Leslie Hewitt.
(c) Sir Robert Lewis.
(d) Sir Greer Billingsley.
9. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(a) Paul's sister.
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) The 60 Minutes crew.
10. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
11. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
(a) Accompany him on a stakeout.
(b) Loan him a video camera.
(c) Loan him some money.
(d) Arrange security on the dock.
12. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(a) Legal advice.
(d) Plane ticket.
13. Stone calls Cantor and leaves a message for him to _____________________.
(a) check on his house.
(b) get a copy of Manning's divorce decree.
(c) come to the island.
(d) wire him some money.
14. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) She gets a threatening phone call.
(b) The hurricane hits.
(c) The police arrive to arrest her.
(d) The pilot is shot.
15. What was Stone's former profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
2. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
3. Stone tells Libby that Allison will pay her __________________ if she will sign a contract promising not to make any more claims against Paul's estate.
4. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
5. Stone tells Jim Forrester that Allison will be ________________ if she is found guilty.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)