|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a grieving widow.
(b) a flirt.
(c) a philanthropist.
(d) a professional.
2. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
(a) Bob Shroyer.
(b) Mike Kerrigan.
(c) Jerry Edwards.
(d) Bob Cantor.
3. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
4. What does Hilary Kramer believe about Allison?
(a) She is a sociopath.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) She is insane.
(d) She is being framed.
5. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
(a) Arrange security on the dock.
(b) Loan him some money.
(c) Loan him a video camera.
(d) Accompany him on a stakeout.
6. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) The pilot is shot.
(b) She gets a threatening phone call.
(c) The hurricane hits.
(d) The police arrive to arrest her.
7. What does Sir Leslie determine will be Stone's role in the trial?
(a) He will select the jury.
(b) He will deliver the opening arguments.
(c) He will deliver the closing arguments.
(d) He will question the witnesses.
8. What is the name of the woman's yacht?
(c) Comfort Zone.
9. The 60 Minutes reporter thinks that Allison is _____________.
(a) a liar.
(c) falsely accused.
10. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
11. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
(c) Sir Winston.
(d) Bob Cantor.
12. Who dies in the plane crash?
(a) Chester and Libby.
(b) Thomas and Libby.
(c) Chester and Cantor.
(d) Sir Leslie and Libby.
13. What frustrates Stone about working with Sir Leslie?
(a) The lack of strategic planning.
(b) The lack of funds to hire experts.
(c) No attention to detail.
(d) Not enough investigation.
14. Stone learns that Allison has been talking to __________________.
(a) her former boyfriend.
(b) the prosecuting attorney.
(c) the local media.
(d) an insurance investigator.
15. Why does Stone believe the press will be angry with Sir Winston?
(a) He had them flown off the island.
(b) He has issued a gag order on people involved in the trial.
(c) He has them followed by detectives.
(d) He will not allow them in the courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
2. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
3. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
4. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
5. In addition to a dead body, what else is recovered from the plane crash?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)