|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(b) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
(c) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(d) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
2. Who is the Minister of Justice on the island?
(a) Sir Paul McKenna.
(b) Sir Philip Marberry.
(c) Sir James Clayton.
(d) Sir Winston Sutherland.
3. Who is the Hollywood star who Stone's girlfriend wants to interview?
(a) Marcus Grant.
(b) Phil Sloane.
(c) Dirk Morgan.
(d) Vance Calder.
4. Where does Hilary Kramer interview Allison?
(a) Her yacht.
(b) A yacht club.
(c) The bar.
(d) A hotel suite.
5. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(a) Plane ticket.
(d) Legal advice.
6. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
7. What does Sir Leslie send Stone to get when Stone and Allison arrive for lunch?
(c) Ice cubes.
8. Who is the reporter who wants to interview Allison?
(a) Justine Axelrod.
(b) Gail Jensen.
(c) Hilary Kramer.
(d) Patricia Godown.
9. Who is representing Allison legally?
(d) No one.
10. What does Stone tell Allison is her best chance of surviving her situation?
(a) Pay off the judge.
(b) Seduce the prosecuting attorney.
(c) Plead insanity.
(d) Create a media frenzy.
11. What awakens Stone and Allison while on the yacht?
(c) Someone knocking on the door.
12. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) She had to work.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She lost her passport.
(d) There was a blizzard.
13. What is the name of the bar which Stone frequents?
(a) The Shipwright's Arms.
(b) The Seahorse.
(c) The Fisherman's Arms.
(d) The Jade Mermaid.
14. What does Allison neglect to tell the person in #45?
(a) She is charged with her husband's murder.
(b) She will pay him to drop the charges.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She needs an escape plan.
15. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(a) Paul's sister.
(b) The 60 Minutes crew.
(d) Sir Winston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone and Jim wonder what would have happened to Allison if she had ____________________.
2. Why does Stone return to Allison's yacht in Chapter 17?
3. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
4. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
5. Who was Paul Manning's first wife?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)