|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
(b) The press.
(d) Sir Winston.
2. Stone has dinner with Allison to tell her about _____________________.
(a) the contract with Libby.
(b) Sir Leslie's accident.
(c) his ex-wife.
(d) the next press conference.
3. Why does Stone return to Allison's yacht in Chapter 17?
(a) To tell her about the 60 Minutes interview.
(b) To talk about jury selection.
(c) To deliver some important documents.
(d) To ask her out to dinner.
4. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
(b) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(c) They can rule the death a suicide.
(d) They can offer an open verdict.
5. In Chapter 24, Stone goes over testimony with whom?
(b) Jim Forrester.
(d) The captain.
6. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
(d) a fake death.
7. What does Stone go to the yacht to look for?
(a) The dinghy.
(b) A gun.
(c) Allison's jewelry.
8. Who does Allison seduce while on her yacht?
(c) Sir Winston.
9. In addition to a dead body, what else is recovered from the plane crash?
(a) A portion of a wing.
(b) Life jackets.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A propeller.
10. What is delivered to Allison while she is at the bar?
(a) A bar tab.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A death certificate.
11. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
(a) Bob Shroyer.
(b) Bob Cantor.
(c) Jerry Edwards.
(d) Mike Kerrigan.
12. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
(a) He/she changes some of the story.
(b) He/she refuses to testify.
(c) He/she recants the story.
(d) He/she completely changes the story.
13. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
(a) Accompany him on a stakeout.
(b) Loan him a video camera.
(c) Arrange security on the dock.
(d) Loan him some money.
14. Who are present when Chris Wheaton interviews Allison?
(a) Stone and Sir Leslie.
(b) Stone and Thomas.
(c) Stone and Jim Forrester.
(d) Stone and Sir Winston.
15. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(a) Paul's sister.
(b) The 60 Minutes crew.
(c) Sir Winston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stone's last name?
2. Paul Manning survived financially on __________________.
3. What does the man in #37 ask the judge immediately in the courtroom?
4. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
5. What is Sir Winston's hypothesis about Allison's case?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)