|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to a dead body, what else is recovered from the plane crash?
(a) Life jackets.
(b) A propeller.
(c) A portion of a wing.
(d) A suitcase.
2. What is the name of the tropical island where Stone is vacationing?
(a) St. Marks.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Croix.
(d) St. Barts.
3. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Newsweek magazine.
(c) New Yorker magazine.
(d) Time magazine.
4. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from the person in #55?
(a) He was deeply in debt.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had a gunshot wound to the head.
5. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
(a) She killed Paul.
(b) She and Paul never divorced.
(c) Her child should inherit Paul's estate.
(d) The yacht belongs to her.
6. On St. Marks, anyone convicted of a crime is often _____________________.
(a) hanged within days.
(c) imprisoned for life.
7. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) The hurricane hits.
(b) She gets a threatening phone call.
(c) The police arrive to arrest her.
(d) The pilot is shot.
8. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
(a) A wig.
(c) Flip Flops.
(d) Panama hat.
9. What does Bob Cantor reveal to Stone about Paul Manning?
(a) He was having an affair with his secretary.
(b) He was never actually married to Allison.
(c) He was dying of cancer.
(d) He was paying for a large amount of life insurance.
10. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She lost her passport.
(c) She had to work.
(d) There was a blizzard.
11. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
(a) Marvin Homan.
(b) Bill Eggers.
(c) Tim Miller.
(d) Rich Davidson.
12. Who is the Hollywood star who Stone's girlfriend wants to interview?
(a) Phil Sloane.
(b) Vance Calder.
(c) Marcus Grant.
(d) Dirk Morgan.
13. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
(a) They never came off the yacht.
(b) They were so affectionate toward each other.
(c) They fought about navigational plans.
(d) They were never seen together.
14. Who is the pilot of the plane that will take Libby to Antigua?
15. Why does Stone call his secretary?
(a) To change his airline tickets.
(b) To fax him some documents.
(c) To make new hotel reservations.
(d) To make financial arrangements for the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the value of Paul Manning's life insurance policy?
2. What does the judge make it impossible for Stone to do?
3. What are the conditions of Allison's bail?
4. Who dies in the plane crash?
5. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)