|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a flirt.
(b) a professional.
(c) a grieving widow.
(d) a philanthropist.
2. Stone talks to a producer of which television show about doing a story on Allison?
(b) The Oprah Show.
(c) Larry King Show.
(d) 60 Minutes.
3. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Allison Manning.
(b) Janet Strawn.
(c) Peggy Monnin.
(d) Maggie Barth.
4. Why does Stone call his secretary?
(a) To make new hotel reservations.
(b) To make financial arrangements for the investigation.
(c) To fax him some documents.
(d) To change his airline tickets.
5. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(a) Plane ticket.
(c) Legal advice.
6. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) The 60 Minutes crew.
(c) Paul's sister.
7. Stone is staying in a rented room at ____________________.
(a) Thomas' condo.
(b) the Shipwright's Arms.
(c) an extended stay hotel.
(d) the YMCA.
8. Stone learns that Allison has been talking to __________________.
(a) the local media.
(b) her former boyfriend.
(c) an insurance investigator.
(d) the prosecuting attorney.
9. Sir Winston asks Allison about her husband's ________________.
10. Why can Stone not defend Allison in her trial?
(a) He has to go back to the States and cannot commit.
(b) He is in love with her and it would be a conflict.
(c) He is not English or admitted to the English bar association.
(d) He is not a criminal attorney.
11. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can offer an open verdict.
(b) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
(c) They can rule the death a suicide.
(d) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
12. What was Stone's former profession?
13. After the press conference, the media is invited to take photographs of ___________________.
(a) the barristers.
(b) the Mannings' home.
(c) the Expansive.
(d) Allison's stateroom.
14. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) The pilot is shot.
(b) The hurricane hits.
(c) The police arrive to arrest her.
(d) She gets a threatening phone call.
15. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(b) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
(c) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
(d) They are members of a high profile wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Minister of Justice on the island?
2. What is Stone's profession?
3. The 60 Minutes reporter thinks that Allison is _____________.
4. What does Chris Weaton insist on doing despite her producer's reluctance?
5. Stone has Allison give him two blank pieces of paper with her signature and _________________.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)