|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allison neglect to tell the person in #45?
(a) She is charged with her husband's murder.
(b) She will pay him to drop the charges.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She needs an escape plan.
2. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
3. In addition to a dead body, what else is recovered from the plane crash?
(a) Life jackets.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A portion of a wing.
(d) A propeller.
4. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
(b) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
(c) He does not want to wake her.
(d) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
5. Stone's girlfriend decides to stay in New York to ______________________.
(a) take care of a sick friend.
(b) continue her interviews with Vance Calder.
(c) meet her work deadline.
(d) look for a new job.
6. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
(a) cosmetic case.
(c) cell phone.
7. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
(a) Flip Flops.
(c) A wig.
(d) Panama hat.
8. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from the person in #55?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He was deeply in debt.
(c) He had a gunshot wound to the head.
(d) He had cancer.
9. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
(a) Sir Winston.
(c) Bob Cantor.
10. Allison tells Stone that Paul made monthly alimony payments to his first wife in the amount of _____________.
11. Stone talks to a producer of which television show about doing a story on Allison?
(b) Larry King Show.
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) The Oprah Show.
12. Why can Stone not defend Allison in her trial?
(a) He is not a criminal attorney.
(b) He has to go back to the States and cannot commit.
(c) He is not English or admitted to the English bar association.
(d) He is in love with her and it would be a conflict.
13. Paul may have felt he was better off dead because of ____________________.
(a) his political problems.
(b) his financial problems.
(c) his marital problems.
(d) his health problems.
14. Stone and Jim wonder what would have happened to Allison if she had ____________________.
(a) pled guilty.
(b) never married Paul Manning.
(c) escaped when Stone told her to.
(d) docked in an American-held port.
15. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
(a) Rich Davidson.
(b) Marvin Homan.
(c) Tim Miller.
(d) Bill Eggers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are present when Chris Wheaton interviews Allison?
2. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
3. What awakens Stone and Allison while on the yacht?
4. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
5. The 60 Minutes segment will feature Allison as ____________________.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)