|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stone tell Allison to leave the island?
(a) There is a hurricane coming.
(b) The jewel thieves have targeted her.
(c) The Minister of Justice can now prosecute her.
(d) Her mother is dying.
2. What does Sir Leslie send Stone to get when Stone and Allison arrive for lunch?
(d) Ice cubes.
3. What is the name of the tropical island where Stone is vacationing?
(a) St. Barts.
(b) St. Croix.
(c) St. Marks.
(d) St. John.
4. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) The 60 Minutes crew.
(d) Paul's sister.
5. What is the name of the woman's yacht?
(d) Comfort Zone.
6. Who was Paul Manning's first wife?
7. Paul Manning survived financially on __________________.
(b) royalty checks.
(d) pension checks.
8. What does Sir Leslie determine will be Stone's role in the trial?
(a) He will deliver the closing arguments.
(b) He will deliver the opening arguments.
(c) He will select the jury.
(d) He will question the witnesses.
9. What piece of the Mannings' property had been stolen?
(a) Crates of champagne.
(b) Crystal vase.
(c) Ship's radio.
(d) A rubber dinghy.
10. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
(a) Tim Miller.
(b) Bill Eggers.
(c) Marvin Homan.
(d) Rich Davidson.
11. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
(a) The police arrive to arrest her.
(b) She gets a threatening phone call.
(c) The pilot is shot.
(d) The hurricane hits.
12. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) The press.
13. Stone tells Jim Forrester that Allison will be ________________ if she is found guilty.
(a) given an appeal.
(b) imprisoned for life.
(c) given probation.
14. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
(b) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
(c) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(d) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
15. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She had to work.
(c) She lost her passport.
(d) There was a blizzard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone calls Cantor and leaves a message for him to _____________________.
2. Stone and Jim wonder what would have happened to Allison if she had ____________________.
3. Stone is staying in a rented room at ____________________.
4. Who is the Minister of Justice on the island?
5. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)