|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
2. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
(b) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
(c) He does not want to wake her.
(d) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
3. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can offer an open verdict.
(b) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(c) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
(d) They can rule the death a suicide.
4. What is the name of the tropical island where Stone is vacationing?
(a) St. Marks.
(b) St. Croix.
(c) St. Barts.
(d) St. John.
5. Who was Paul Manning's first wife?
6. What is the amount Libby agrees to in exchange for relinquishing any claims to Paul's estate?
7. What is Stone's profession?
8. Allison tells Stone that Paul made monthly alimony payments to his first wife in the amount of _____________.
9. Where does Hilary Kramer interview Allison?
(a) A hotel suite.
(b) A yacht club.
(c) The bar.
(d) Her yacht.
10. What does Stone ask Thomas to do?
(a) Loan him some money.
(b) Arrange security on the dock.
(c) Accompany him on a stakeout.
(d) Loan him a video camera.
11. Paul Manning had to replace the item in #75 by ordering one from which city?
(a) Port au Prince.
12. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(c) Plane ticket.
(d) Legal advice.
13. What does Stone go to the yacht to look for?
(a) The dinghy.
(b) Allison's jewelry.
(c) A gun.
14. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He got food poisoning.
(b) He had a heart attack and died.
(c) He got sunburned.
(d) He was knocked unconscious.
15. Why does Stone believe the press will be angry with Sir Winston?
(a) He has issued a gag order on people involved in the trial.
(b) He will not allow them in the courtroom.
(c) He had them flown off the island.
(d) He has them followed by detectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Paul's medical report?
2. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
3. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
4. What awakens Stone and Allison while on the yacht?
5. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)