|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone tells Jim Forrester that Allison will be ________________ if she is found guilty.
(b) given an appeal.
(c) given probation.
(d) imprisoned for life.
2. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
3. The 60 Minutes reporter thinks that Allison is _____________.
(a) falsely accused.
(b) a liar.
4. Where does Allison stay until a press conference can be arranged?
(a) The yacht.
(b) A police station.
(c) A hotel.
5. What does Sir Leslie determine will be Stone's role in the trial?
(a) He will select the jury.
(b) He will question the witnesses.
(c) He will deliver the opening arguments.
(d) He will deliver the closing arguments.
6. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(a) Paul's sister.
(b) The 60 Minutes crew.
(c) Sir Winston.
7. What does Allison neglect to tell the person in #45?
(a) She will pay him to drop the charges.
(b) She needs an escape plan.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She is charged with her husband's murder.
8. What does Jim Forrester tell Stone about Allison's case?
(a) The prosecuting attorney has issued a gag order on the case.
(b) He had dinner with Paul and Allison in the Canary Islands.
(c) He used to date Allison.
(d) He knows that Allison drugged her husband.
9. Why can Stone not defend Allison in her trial?
(a) He is not English or admitted to the English bar association.
(b) He is not a criminal attorney.
(c) He has to go back to the States and cannot commit.
(d) He is in love with her and it would be a conflict.
10. Jim Forrester is a reporter with which publication?
(a) New Yorker magazine.
(b) Newsweek magazine.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Time magazine.
11. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
(b) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(c) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(d) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
12. On St. Marks, anyone convicted of a crime is often _____________________.
(b) hanged within days.
(d) imprisoned for life.
13. What are the conditions of Allison's bail?
(a) She is denied bail.
(b) She must wear a tracking device.
(c) She may not leave St. Mark's.
(d) She must pay $1,000,000.
14. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) There was a blizzard.
(b) She lost her passport.
(c) She had to work.
(d) She was ill.
15. What does Bob Cantor reveal to Stone about Paul Manning?
(a) He was never actually married to Allison.
(b) He was paying for a large amount of life insurance.
(c) He was dying of cancer.
(d) He was having an affair with his secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stone call his secretary?
2. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
3. What item of Paul's is found on board the yacht?
4. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
5. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)