|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone's girlfriend decides to stay in New York to ______________________.
(a) look for a new job.
(b) continue her interviews with Vance Calder.
(c) take care of a sick friend.
(d) meet her work deadline.
2. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
(a) cell phone.
(c) cosmetic case.
3. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
4. Why can Stone not defend Allison in her trial?
(a) He is not English or admitted to the English bar association.
(b) He is in love with her and it would be a conflict.
(c) He is not a criminal attorney.
(d) He has to go back to the States and cannot commit.
5. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
(a) He/she refuses to testify.
(b) He/she completely changes the story.
(c) He/she changes some of the story.
(d) He/she recants the story.
6. What is the name of the tropical island where Stone is vacationing?
(a) St. Marks.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Croix.
(d) St. Barts.
7. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He had a heart attack and died.
(b) He got sunburned.
(c) He was knocked unconscious.
(d) He got food poisoning.
8. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(c) Plane ticket.
(d) Legal advice.
9. Who dies in the plane crash?
(a) Sir Leslie and Libby.
(b) Thomas and Libby.
(c) Chester and Cantor.
(d) Chester and Libby.
10. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
(a) Sir William Malone.
(b) Sir Leslie Hewitt.
(c) Sir Robert Lewis.
(d) Sir Greer Billingsley.
11. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a philanthropist.
(b) a professional.
(c) a grieving widow.
(d) a flirt.
12. What does Stone tell Allison is her best chance of surviving her situation?
(a) Seduce the prosecuting attorney.
(b) Pay off the judge.
(c) Plead insanity.
(d) Create a media frenzy.
13. Stone tells Libby that Allison will pay her __________________ if she will sign a contract promising not to make any more claims against Paul's estate.
14. Why does Stone return to Allison's yacht in Chapter 17?
(a) To deliver some important documents.
(b) To talk about jury selection.
(c) To ask her out to dinner.
(d) To tell her about the 60 Minutes interview.
15. What piece of the Mannings' property had been stolen?
(a) Crystal vase.
(b) Ship's radio.
(c) Crates of champagne.
(d) A rubber dinghy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
2. Why does Stone tell Allison to leave the island?
3. What was Stone's former profession?
4. Sir Winston asks Allison about her husband's ________________.
5. What does Hilary Kramer believe about Allison?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)