|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 60 Minutes reporter thinks that Allison is _____________.
(a) falsely accused.
(b) a liar.
2. Why can Stone not defend Allison in her trial?
(a) He has to go back to the States and cannot commit.
(b) He is in love with her and it would be a conflict.
(c) He is not English or admitted to the English bar association.
(d) He is not a criminal attorney.
3. What is delivered to Allison while she is at the bar?
(a) A death certificate.
(b) A bar tab.
(d) A telegram.
4. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
(a) Bob Cantor.
(b) Mike Kerrigan.
(c) Jerry Edwards.
(d) Bob Shroyer.
5. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
(a) Few people remember them.
(b) They were quite visible on the social scene.
(c) They had a beach house there.
(d) They hosted many parties on their yacht.
6. Who is the owner of the bar that Stone visits?
7. Who is Stone's girlfriend?
8. What awakens Stone and Allison while on the yacht?
(a) Someone knocking on the door.
9. Why does Stone tell Allison to leave the island?
(a) Her mother is dying.
(b) The jewel thieves have targeted her.
(c) There is a hurricane coming.
(d) The Minister of Justice can now prosecute her.
10. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
(a) Lucille Manning.
(b) Arrington Carter.
(c) Allison Manning.
(d) Therese Manning.
11. Paul may have felt he was better off dead because of ____________________.
(a) his financial problems.
(b) his health problems.
(c) his political problems.
(d) his marital problems.
12. Paul Manning had to replace the item in #75 by ordering one from which city?
(b) Port au Prince.
13. What does the man in #37 ask the judge immediately in the courtroom?
(a) If they can get a postponement of the trial.
(b) If the charges against Allison can be dropped.
(c) If Stone can be admitted to the St. Mark's bar during the trial.
(d) If they can get a change of venue for the trial.
14. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a philanthropist.
(b) a grieving widow.
(c) a professional.
(d) a flirt.
15. Who is the reporter who wants to interview Allison?
(a) Hilary Kramer.
(b) Patricia Godown.
(c) Justine Axelrod.
(d) Gail Jensen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one couple on the Canary Islands remember about the Mannings?
2. What does Jim Forrester tell Stone about Allison's case?
3. What is waiting for Stone when he returns to the bar?
4. What piece of the Mannings' property had been stolen?
5. What is unsettling about the testimony of the person in #91?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)