Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can rule the death a suicide.
(b) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(c) They can offer an open verdict.
(d) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
2. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
(b) Sir Winston.
(c) The press.
3. What was Stone's former profession?
4. What does Stone tell Allison is her best chance of surviving her situation?
(a) Seduce the prosecuting attorney.
(b) Pay off the judge.
(c) Create a media frenzy.
(d) Plead insanity.
5. Paul Manning survived financially on __________________.
(b) pension checks.
(d) royalty checks.
6. Who is the attorney who will represent Allison?
(a) Sir William Malone.
(b) Sir Greer Billingsley.
(c) Sir Leslie Hewitt.
(d) Sir Robert Lewis.
7. Allison does not act like _____________________.
(a) a grieving widow.
(b) a flirt.
(c) a professional.
(d) a philanthropist.
8. Stone has dinner with Allison to tell her about _____________________.
(a) the next press conference.
(b) his ex-wife.
(c) Sir Leslie's accident.
(d) the contract with Libby.
9. What does Sir Leslie send Stone to get when Stone and Allison arrive for lunch?
(c) Ice cubes.
10. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
(b) cell phone.
(c) cosmetic case.
11. Where does Allison stay until a press conference can be arranged?
(a) A police station.
(b) A hotel.
(d) The yacht.
12. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
(a) Therese Manning.
(b) Allison Manning.
(c) Arrington Carter.
(d) Lucille Manning.
13. Who is Stone's friend who had been making arrangements for another English barrister for Allison's trial?
(a) Rich Davidson.
(b) Marvin Homan.
(c) Tim Miller.
(d) Bill Eggers.
14. Stone feels that he has successfully ruled out __________________ in the case.
(b) a fake death.
15. Stone has Allison give him two blank pieces of paper with her signature and _________________.
(a) the deed to the yacht.
(b) the key to the safety deposit box.
(c) a blank check.
(d) her credit cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
2. Why does Stone return to Allison's yacht in Chapter 17?
3. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
4. Why does Stone tell Allison to leave the island?
5. Stone calls Bill Eggers to have him hire _________________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)