|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Stone and Allison attend in Chapter 5?
(a) A cocktail party.
(b) An inquest.
(c) An autopsy.
(d) A ball.
2. What does Stone offer the woman in #10?
(a) Plane ticket.
(c) Legal advice.
3. Paul may have felt he was better off dead because of ____________________.
(a) his marital problems.
(b) his health problems.
(c) his political problems.
(d) his financial problems.
4. Who does Stone talk to after breakfast in Chapter 14?
(a) Sir Winston.
(c) Bob Cantor.
5. What is Stone's profession?
6. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) There was a blizzard.
(b) She had to work.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She lost her passport.
7. Stone spends part of the night writing a letter to whom?
(a) Sir Winston.
(b) The press.
8. What does Stone learn about Paul Manning from the person in #55?
(a) He had a gunshot wound to the head.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He was deeply in debt.
9. What does the man in #8 tell Stone about the yacht's passenger(s)?
(a) They are members of a high profile wedding.
(b) The authorities busted the passengers for drug smuggling.
(c) The woman arrived without her husband who had been on board.
(d) The owner of the yacht is a famous movie star.
10. How much was the value of Paul Manning's life insurance policy?
(a) $12 million.
(b) $1 million.
(d) $50 million.
11. Who was the husband of the woman in #10?
12. Who are present when Chris Wheaton interviews Allison?
(a) Stone and Jim Forrester.
(b) Stone and Thomas.
(c) Stone and Sir Leslie.
(d) Stone and Sir Winston.
13. What does Allison neglect to tell the person in #45?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She will pay him to drop the charges.
(c) She needs an escape plan.
(d) She is charged with her husband's murder.
14. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
(b) The 60 Minutes crew.
(c) Paul's sister.
(d) Sir Winston.
15. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
(a) Her child should inherit Paul's estate.
(b) The yacht belongs to her.
(c) She and Paul never divorced.
(d) She killed Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman's yacht?
2. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
3. Stone calls Bill Eggers to have him hire _________________.
4. Where did the woman in #10 say she and her husband stopped to make a few repairs on the yacht?
5. Who is the Hollywood star who Stone's girlfriend wants to interview?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)