|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the husband on board the ship?
(a) He got sunburned.
(b) He had a heart attack and died.
(c) He was knocked unconscious.
(d) He got food poisoning.
2. Which of the following is NOT an option the jury has in the woman's case?
(a) They can rule that the death was a homicide.
(b) They can find that the husband died of natural causes.
(c) They can offer an open verdict.
(d) They can rule the death a suicide.
3. Why does Stone return to Allison's yacht in Chapter 17?
(a) To talk about jury selection.
(b) To ask her out to dinner.
(c) To deliver some important documents.
(d) To tell her about the 60 Minutes interview.
4. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
(b) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
(c) He does not want to wake her.
(d) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
5. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Peggy Monnin.
(b) Allison Manning.
(c) Maggie Barth.
(d) Janet Strawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
2. Stone is staying in a rented room at ____________________.
3. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
4. Why does Stone call his secretary?
5. Who arrives early at Allison's yacht one morning?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)