|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 48-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allison refuses to leave the island without her briefcase and ____________________.
(c) cosmetic case.
(d) cell phone.
2. Why does Stone return to Allison's yacht in Chapter 17?
(a) To ask her out to dinner.
(b) To tell her about the 60 Minutes interview.
(c) To talk about jury selection.
(d) To deliver some important documents.
3. What does Stone learn about the Mannings during their time on the Canary Islands?
(a) They had a beach house there.
(b) They were quite visible on the social scene.
(c) They hosted many parties on their yacht.
(d) Few people remember them.
4. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
(b) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(c) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
(d) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
5. What does the plane's mechanic reveal when Stone goes to the airport to see him?
(a) He hasn't had his license very long and could have made a mistake.
(b) He lied in his testimony at the coroner's inquest.
(c) He had seen Thomas at the airport hangar the night before the crash.
(d) Anyone could have had access to the plane and tools on the night before the crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stone tells Libby that Allison will pay her __________________ if she will sign a contract promising not to make any more claims against Paul's estate.
2. What is Stone instructed to not put on in the courtroom?
3. What does the man in #37 ask the judge immediately in the courtroom?
4. What happens as Allison is about to board the plane?
5. Stone instructs Allison to call the yacht broker to have the new yacht moved to _________________.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)