|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who sailed into harbor on the yacht?
(a) Peggy Monnin.
(b) Janet Strawn.
(c) Maggie Barth.
(d) Allison Manning.
2. What event does Stone and Allison attend in Chapter 5?
(a) An autopsy.
(b) A ball.
(c) A cocktail party.
(d) An inquest.
3. Paul Manning had been married before to a woman who lived in which U.S. state?
4. Why does Stone sneak off of Allison's yacht?
(a) He does not want to wake her.
(b) He knows the police are watching the yacht around the clock.
(c) To prevent anyone from knowing about his affair with Allison.
(d) He does not want to get caught searching the yacht.
5. Why had Stone's girlfriend not been able to meet him on the island?
(a) She was ill.
(b) There was a blizzard.
(c) She had to work.
(d) She lost her passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stone call his secretary?
2. Where did the woman in #10 say she and her husband stopped to make a few repairs on the yacht?
3. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
4. Who are present when Chris Wheaton interviews Allison?
5. What item of Paul's is found on board the yacht?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)