|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone suggest regarding Stendahl?
(a) He is a private detective.
(b) He is actually Paul Manning.
(c) He is a reporter.
(d) He is a CEO on vacation.
2. Which of the following will NOT occur if Allison tries to leave St. Marks?
(a) Her yacht will be confiscated.
(b) She will be granted a new trial.
(c) She will be considered guilty.
(d) She will be hanged immediately.
3. What reason does Allison give Stone for not using the satellite phone to call for help when Paul died?
(a) She panicked and forgot about it.
(b) There was no phone on board.
(c) She could not get it to work.
(d) She tried but no one picked up her signal.
4. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
(a) She'll be arriving tomorrow.
(b) She wants to marry him on the island.
(c) She is held up due to a work deadline.
(d) She has married Vance Calder.
5. Stone learns that Allison has been talking to __________________.
(a) the local media.
(b) the prosecuting attorney.
(c) her former boyfriend.
(d) an insurance investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
2. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
3. Who is the investigator who Stone calls to come to the islands and investigate the case?
4. Allison tells Stone that Paul made monthly alimony payments to his first wife in the amount of _____________.
5. Stone tells Libby that Allison will pay her __________________ if she will sign a contract promising not to make any more claims against Paul's estate.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)