|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
(a) She has married Vance Calder.
(b) She is held up due to a work deadline.
(c) She'll be arriving tomorrow.
(d) She wants to marry him on the island.
2. What does the man in #37 ask the judge immediately in the courtroom?
(a) If they can get a postponement of the trial.
(b) If Stone can be admitted to the St. Mark's bar during the trial.
(c) If the charges against Allison can be dropped.
(d) If they can get a change of venue for the trial.
3. What is Sir Winston's hypothesis about Allison's case?
(a) She no longer wanted him since he got sick.
(b) She loved her husband very much.
(c) She was a golddigger.
(d) She and her husband had grown to hate each other.
4. In Chapter 25, a woman arrives at the Shipwright's Arms claiming to be _______________.
(a) Arrington Carter.
(b) Therese Manning.
(c) Lucille Manning.
(d) Allison Manning.
5. What does the judge make it impossible for Stone to do?
(a) Bring in another barrister.
(b) Return to the U.S.
(c) Use his cell phone in the courtroom.
(d) Wear his own suits to court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stone call his secretary?
2. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
3. Stone calls Cantor and leaves a message for him to _____________________.
4. Which of the following will NOT occur if Allison tries to leave St. Marks?
5. Stone tells Libby that Allison will pay her __________________ if she will sign a contract promising not to make any more claims against Paul's estate.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)