|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stone ask to speak to Stendahl for him?
(b) Jim Forrester.
2. What does Stone note about the man in #139?
(a) The man has scratches and bruises on his face and arms.
(b) He looks a lot like Stone imagines Paul Manning must have looked.
(c) The man is almost in a catatonic state.
(d) He looks like he could be Stone's twin brother.
3. What information does Paul's first wife give Stone?
(a) She and Paul never divorced.
(b) Her child should inherit Paul's estate.
(c) The yacht belongs to her.
(d) She killed Paul.
4. What is the content of a fax which Stone receives from Arrington?
(a) She has married Vance Calder.
(b) She wants to marry him on the island.
(c) She is held up due to a work deadline.
(d) She'll be arriving tomorrow.
5. Who is the interim barrister defending Allison?
(a) Sir James Burgoyne.
(b) Sir Alex Sloane.
(c) Sir Leslie Hewitt.
(d) Sir Ashley Morton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Stone goes over testimony with whom?
2. What is Allison's demeanor when Stone goes over testimony with her?
3. What does the judge make it impossible for Stone to do?
4. Who is the new man who Stone meets at the bar at the Shipwright's Arms?
5. What does Stone tell Allison is her best chance of surviving her situation?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)