Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
The presence of the Old Man is mysterious, though he controls all that happens in the story, it seems at times.
Part 1: Who do you think the Old Man is and just how powerful is he really in relation to the Movement?
Part 2: Why do you think the followers believe in what the Old Man says?
Part 3: Why do you think the followers go along with the ideas of the Old Man, even though they disagree?
The cries of the child echo throughout the city, giving Elisha something to think about.
Part 1: What might the cries of the child signify to Elisha and to the story as a whole?
Part 2: In what ways is Elisha still a child in this story? Why?
Part 3: Do you think the cries of the child would change your mind if you were in Elisha's shoes? Why or why not?
Even in the face of pain and suffering, people in the Movement do not die - at least among the group of five.
Part 1: How do you think the five feel about their brushes with death?
Part 2: What do you think the Movement thinks about all of these brushes with death?
Part 3: Do you think these five have just been lucky or has divine intervention played a part?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)