Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
The cries of the child echo throughout the city, giving Elisha something to think about.
Part 1: What might the cries of the child signify to Elisha and to the story as a whole?
Part 2: In what ways is Elisha still a child in this story? Why?
Part 3: Do you think the cries of the child would change your mind if you were in Elisha's shoes? Why or why not?
While some people seem to have peaceful ideas of how to resolve the situation with the prisoners, others think otherwise.
Part 1: What is the value of trying to resolve the situation with the other side in a peaceful way?
Part 2: What is the benefit of resolving the situation in a violent way?
Part 3: What will change once violence has been done in the name of a Movement?
The presence of the Old Man is mysterious, though he controls all that happens in the story, it seems at times.
Part 1: Who do you think the Old Man is and just how powerful is he really in relation to the Movement?
Part 2: Why do you think the followers believe in what the Old Man says?
Part 3: Why do you think the followers go along with the ideas of the Old Man, even though they disagree?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)