|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
2. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
3. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
4. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
5. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
Essay Topic 1
The symbolism of 'dawn' is everywhere in this story - with dawn being when the prisoner is killed and when Elisa becomes pensive.
Part 1: Why do you think 'dawn' was selected as the focus of the title?
Part 2: Do you think 'dawn' is a good symbol to use in this story? Why or why not?
Part 3: Is dawn an important time in your life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
While some people seem to have peaceful ideas of how to resolve the situation with the prisoners, others think otherwise.
Part 1: What is the value of trying to resolve the situation with the other side in a peaceful way?
Part 2: What is the benefit of resolving the situation in a violent way?
Part 3: What will change once violence has been done in the name of a Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Even in the face of pain and suffering, people in the Movement do not die - at least among the group of five.
Part 1: How do you think the five feel about their brushes with death?
Part 2: What do you think the Movement thinks about all of these brushes with death?
Part 3: Do you think these five have just been lucky or has divine intervention played a part?
This section contains 1,729 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)