|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
2. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
3. Ilana is saved from being killed by a member of the opposition by a situation with ____________.
4. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
5. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elisha is a survivor of a Nazi work camp, and yet he becomes a killer for a group of people with strong beliefs - much like the Nazis preached.
Part 1: Why do you think Elisha didn't just walk away from the ideas of Gad?
Part 2: Why can't Elisha see that what he is doing is just as wrong as what the Nazis did to him and to others?
Part 3: Why do you think Elisha may have been more vulnerable to the words of Gad?
Essay Topic 2
Elisha's main goal in life was to figure out why he was victimized by others, heading to Sorbonne to study philosophy in order to answer these sorts of questions.
Part 1: Why do you think Elisha thought he would find peace in the study of philosophy?
Part 2: What subjects might you try to study if you were attempting to get past a horrible event in your lifetime? Why?
Part 3: Do you think Elisha could have gotten away from his ghosts had he simply studied at Sorbonne? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In many stories, the ending includes the redemption of those who are right and the slaughter of those who are wrong.
Part 1: Why do you think the author still had Dawson die within this story?
Part 2: How might the story have been different had Dawson been left alive?
Part 3: Do you think this is a realistic story to tell? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,733 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)