Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
Essay Topic 1
Dawson's mother makes a plea for her son's life, but it falls on seemingly deaf ears. Even the mother's cries for her child are not heard.
Part 1: Why do you think Dawson's mother pleads for the safe return of her child?
Part 2: Do you think Dawson's mother should have made a plea for the safe return of Dawson? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the use of the mother to call out for her child is a good move or a weak one? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Elisha is a survivor of a Nazi work camp, and yet he becomes a killer for a group of people with strong beliefs - much like the Nazis preached.
Part 1: Why do you think Elisha didn't just walk away from the ideas of Gad?
Part 2: Why can't Elisha see that what he is doing is just as wrong as what the Nazis did to him and to others?
Part 3: Why do you think Elisha may have been more vulnerable to the words of Gad?
Essay Topic 3
Ilana and Gideon look upon Dawson with kindness and with compassion, which seems odd as they are agreeing to kill him.
Part 1: Why do you think Gideon and Ilana seem to harbor no ill will toward Dawson in the story?
Part 2: How would you react if you were in the same room as a person who was going to die?
Part 3: Why do you think the group has not told Dawson he is going to die until he does?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)