|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
Essay Topic 1
According to all of the people who are guarding Dawson, they have cheated death in many a situation.
Part 1: Why do you think the author thought it was important for the characters to mention the fact that they had cheated death?
Part 2: Do you feel more or less sympathetic for these people as they speak about their brushes with death?
Part 3: Have you ever cheated death? How did that make you feel afterward? If not you, then someone else?
Essay Topic 2
The causes for which people fight compel them to act in dramatic ways. However, in modern culture, it can be hard to understand their motivation.
Part 1: Why do you think so many people fight for the Movement in this story?
Part 2: What causes do you think are worth fighting for? Why?
Part 3: Are there any causes you should see yourself getting violent for? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While some people seem to have peaceful ideas of how to resolve the situation with the prisoners, others think otherwise.
Part 1: What is the value of trying to resolve the situation with the other side in a peaceful way?
Part 2: What is the benefit of resolving the situation in a violent way?
Part 3: What will change once violence has been done in the name of a Movement?
This section contains 1,720 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)