Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
Essay Topic 1
The cries of the child echo throughout the city, giving Elisha something to think about.
Part 1: What might the cries of the child signify to Elisha and to the story as a whole?
Part 2: In what ways is Elisha still a child in this story? Why?
Part 3: Do you think the cries of the child would change your mind if you were in Elisha's shoes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The story of the beggar has stayed with Elisha throughout his life, causing him to be less than afraid of the dark.
Part 1: Why do you think the story of the beggar has stayed with Elisha throughout the years?
Part 2: Do you think the beggar could have been symbolic of something else in Elisha's life? If so, what?
Part 3: What made you not be afraid of the dark anymore? Did a certain person teach you not to be afraid?
Essay Topic 3
Facing the man he is to kill is not a simple task for Elisa, nor would many people consider it a simple task.
Part 1: Why do you think Elisha wants to face the man he is told he will kill in the morning?
Part 2: Why do you think Dawson tries to talk with Elisha before he dies?
Part 3: Would you have been able to sit and talk with the man who you were about to kill? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,720 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)