|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Usually Elisha found the _________ of his rabbi, his old master to be reassuring, but not this time.
2. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
3. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
4. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
(a) If he could have a lager
(b) If he knew how to make bangers and mash
(c) If he was serious
(d) That he deserved a last good meal
5. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
2. Elisha's mother used to tell him there was a ____________ that would guide and protect him everywhere he goes.
3. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
4. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
5. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
2. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
3. What does John refuse to do when Elisha is preparing to kill him?
4. What did Gideon do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
5. What happened to Stefan at the concentration camp where Elisha was held as well?
6. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
7. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
8. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
9. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
10. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)