|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the radio program that Ilana creates on a regular basis?
(a) Freedom Fighters
(b) Voice of Freedom
(c) Freedom Talkers
(d) Coast to Coast
2. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I'd have killed myself instead
(b) I would have made them kill each other
(c) I would have drawn straws
(d) I would have shot them all
3. Elisha (the man who was a prophet of #156) restored life to a ___________ by lying on him and breathing into his mouth.
(d) Little boy
4. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
5. What time is it when Ilana and Joab comment about how it's the longest night they've ever lived through?
(a) 3:00 AM
(b) 4:00 AM
(c) 1:00 AM
(d) 2:00 AM
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
2. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
3. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
4. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
5. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
2. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
3. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
4. Why does John Dawson appear to pity Elisha instead of being mad at him?
5. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
6. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
7. Why is Elisha positive that John Dawson will not want anything to eat during his time being captured?
8. What does John refuse to do when Elisha is preparing to kill him?
9. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
10. What does Elisha ask John Dawson about when he sees how slender his fingers and hands are?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)