|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
2. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
(a) Does not react
(b) Refuses to drink
(c) Spits at the interrogator
(d) Refuses to eat
3. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
(a) The Old Man
(b) The little boy
4. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
(a) His right hand
(b) His left hand
(c) His eye
(d) His right foot
5. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
2. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
3. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
4. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
5. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
2. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
3. What does Elisha begin to understand about the idea of killing others as he talks with the younger version of himself?
4. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
5. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
6. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
7. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
8. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
10. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)