|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
2. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
(a) My son
(b) You killer
(c) You disappoint me
(d) Poor little boy, poor little boy
3. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
4. The boy who asks for his father to be healed does not get his wish, but he is turned into _______________ and carried up to heaven.
(a) A ghost
(b) A cloud
(c) An angel
(d) A prayer
5. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) The rabbi
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
2. "In a way, we are the ones to _________ John Dawson. Because you can't do it without us. Now, do you see?"
3. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
4. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
5. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John Dawson appear to pity Elisha instead of being mad at him?
2. What did Gideon do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
3. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
4. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
5. What does Elisha begin to understand about the idea of killing others as he talks with the younger version of himself?
6. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
7. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
8. What does John refuse to do when Elisha is preparing to kill him?
9. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
10. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)