|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
3. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
4. What does Ilana serve to the people who are sitting around the table?
5. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
2. What do the English not have of Ilana, which has made it difficult for anyone to identify her?
3. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
4. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
5. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
2. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
3. What does John Dawson request from Elisha after he begins to pace around the room?
4. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
5. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
6. What does Elisha begin to understand about the idea of killing others as he talks with the younger version of himself?
7. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
8. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
9. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
10. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)