|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Usually Elisha found the _________ of his rabbi, his old master to be reassuring, but not this time.
2. The boy who asks for his father to be healed does not get his wish, but he is turned into _______________ and carried up to heaven.
(a) A prayer
(b) A ghost
(c) A cloud
(d) An angel
3. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(b) Enemy armies
4. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
5. What is the name of the radio program that Ilana creates on a regular basis?
(a) Coast to Coast
(b) Freedom Fighters
(c) Voice of Freedom
(d) Freedom Talkers
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
2. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
3. Who is NOT one of the people that Elisha sees filing into the room as the night goes on?
4. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
5. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
2. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
3. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
4. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
5. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
6. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
7. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
8. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
9. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
10. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)