|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
2. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
(b) A friend's house
(d) Insane asylum
4. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Drowned in a bucket
(b) Matches lit under fingernails
(c) Face spat on
(d) Beard pulled
5. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(b) The pillow
(d) The window
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
2. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
3. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
4. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
5. What does John Dawson want to do as he is waiting for his execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
2. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
3. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
4. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
5. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
6. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
7. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
8. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
10. What happened to Stefan at the concentration camp where Elisha was held as well?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)