|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Carefree attitude
(b) Desire for alcohol
(c) Healthy appetite
(d) Stiff upper lip
2. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
3. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
4. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
5. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
(a) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
2. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
3. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
4. Where does John Dawson's son, who is Elisha's age, go to school, according to John?
5. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
2. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
3. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
4. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
5. What did Elisha do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
6. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
7. Why does John Dawson appear to pity Elisha instead of being mad at him?
8. What did Gideon do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
10. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)