|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gideon is finally freed from his torture and imprisonment due to ______________.
(a) Lack of evidence
(b) A prison breakout
(c) His captors finding a new torture victim
(d) A cunning escape
2. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(b) Are you Elisha?
(c) Are you the one?
(d) Are you a believer in God?
3. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
2. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
3. Elisha wants to ____________ Dawson, otherwise he's killing a man for no reason at all.
4. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
5. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elisha positive that John Dawson will not want anything to eat during his time being captured?
2. What did Elisha do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
3. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
4. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
5. What happened to Stefan at the concentration camp where Elisha was held as well?
6. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
7. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
8. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
9. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
10. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)