|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Dawson want to do as he is waiting for his execution?
(a) Talk his way out of execution
(b) See the sky
(c) Kill himself
(d) Write a note to his son
2. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
(a) This is a night to remember
(b) This is a night of many faces
(c) This is a night of mystery
(d) This is a night of darkness
3. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
(a) Does not react
(b) Spits at the interrogator
(c) Refuses to eat
(d) Refuses to drink
4. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
(a) If he knew how to make bangers and mash
(b) That he deserved a last good meal
(c) If he could have a lager
(d) If he was serious
5. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(a) Wanted anything
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
2. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
3. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
4. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
5. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
2. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
3. What does Elisha ask John Dawson about when he sees how slender his fingers and hands are?
4. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
5. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
6. What does John refuse to do when Elisha is preparing to kill him?
7. What does Elisha begin to understand about the idea of killing others as he talks with the younger version of himself?
8. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
9. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
10. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)