|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
2. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
3. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
4. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
5. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
2. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
3. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
4. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
5. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elisha positive that John Dawson will not want anything to eat during his time being captured?
2. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
3. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
4. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
5. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
6. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
7. What did Gideon do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
8. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
9. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
10. What does John refuse to do when Elisha is preparing to kill him?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)