|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
2. Who is NOT one of the people that Elisha sees filing into the room as the night goes on?
(a) His parents
(b) A boy who looks like him
(d) Old Man
3. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He hits him
(b) He stops for a moment
(c) He calls for help
(d) He shoots him
4. Elisha wants to ____________ Dawson, otherwise he's killing a man for no reason at all.
5. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Dawson think of Elisha's name and how it sounds?
2. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
3. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
4. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
5. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
2. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
3. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
4. What does Elisha begin to understand about the idea of killing others as he talks with the younger version of himself?
5. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
6. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
7. What does Elisha ask John Dawson about when he sees how slender his fingers and hands are?
8. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
9. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
10. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)