|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(d) Wanted anything
2. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
(a) Why are you doing this?
(b) Who are you?
(c) What time is it?
(d) Can I leave?
3. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
(a) Refuses to drink
(b) Spits at the interrogator
(c) Refuses to eat
(d) Does not react
4. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
(b) Tied up
5. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He shoots him
(b) He calls for help
(c) He hits him
(d) He stops for a moment
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha wants to ____________ Dawson, otherwise he's killing a man for no reason at all.
2. The woman in the work camp likes making love to ____________ who are about to die.
3. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gideon do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
2. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
3. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
4. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
5. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
6. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
7. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
8. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
10. Why does John Dawson appear to pity Elisha instead of being mad at him?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)