|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ilana serve to the people who are sitting around the table?
2. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
3. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you Elisha?
(b) Are you the one?
(c) Are you a believer in God?
(d) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
4. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
(a) The little boy
(b) The Old Man
5. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(b) Wanted anything
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha begs the boy for answers, what does the boy reply?
2. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
3. When it is time, Elisha sees a __________ giving absolution to David.
4. John repeatedly asks Elisha to give the ____________ to his son after his death.
5. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
2. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
3. What does John refuse to do when Elisha is preparing to kill him?
4. What did Gideon do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
5. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
6. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
7. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
8. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
9. Why is Elisha positive that John Dawson will not want anything to eat during his time being captured?
10. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)