|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
(c) Sum total
2. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
(a) The Old Man
(b) The little boy
3. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(a) The rabbi
(b) His mother
(c) His father
4. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
(a) His allegiance
(b) His guilt
(c) His plans
(d) His feelings
5. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
Short Answer Questions
1. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
2. Who is the women in her mid-twenties that Elisha met while at the work camp in France?
3. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
4. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
5. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
2. What does John Dawson request from Elisha after he begins to pace around the room?
3. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
4. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
5. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
6. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
7. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
8. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
9. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
10. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)