|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
2. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
(d) Tied up
3. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
4. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
(a) Who are you?
(b) Why are you doing this?
(c) Can I leave?
(d) What time is it?
5. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
2. Elisha's mother used to tell him there was a ____________ that would guide and protect him everywhere he goes.
3. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
4. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
5. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John Dawson appear to pity Elisha instead of being mad at him?
2. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
3. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
4. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
5. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
6. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
7. What happened to Stefan at the concentration camp where Elisha was held as well?
8. What does the Berlin Chief of the Gestapo do to Stefan in order to try to get information from him?
9. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
10. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)