|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha's mother used to tell him there was a ____________ that would guide and protect him everywhere he goes.
(a) Goat of gold
2. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(b) Poor boy
(d) Little boy
3. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have drawn straws
(b) I'd have killed myself instead
(c) I would have shot them all
(d) I would have made them kill each other
4. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
(a) Who are you?
(b) Why are you doing this?
(c) Can I leave?
(d) What time is it?
5. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) The British Judge
(c) The Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Ilana and Joab comment about how it's the longest night they've ever lived through?
2. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
3. Usually Elisha found the _________ of his rabbi, his old master to be reassuring, but not this time.
4. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
5. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
2. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
3. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
4. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
5. Why is Elisha positive that John Dawson will not want anything to eat during his time being captured?
6. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
7. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
8. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. What does Gideon reveal to Elisha about John Dawson, which surprises Elisha?
10. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)