|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
2. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
3. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
(a) He is asleep
(b) He is vomiting
(c) He is coughing
(d) He is hungry
4. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
(a) Quiet soul
(c) Silly man
(d) Poor boy
5. When Elisha begs the boy for answers, what does the boy reply?
(a) Who are you?
(b) What do you think the answer is?
(c) Do I know you?
(d) Don't you know?
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
2. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
3. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
4. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
5. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
2. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
3. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
4. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
5. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
6. What does John Dawson request from Elisha after he begins to pace around the room?
7. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
8. What did Elisha do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
10. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)