|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
(a) Shoots him
(b) Tries to choke him
(c) Hits him
(d) Puts him outside
2. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
3. "In a way, we are the ones to _________ John Dawson. Because you can't do it without us. Now, do you see?"
4. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
5. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
(a) Spits at the interrogator
(b) Refuses to drink
(c) Does not react
(d) Refuses to eat
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
2. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
3. What does John Dawson think of Elisha's name and how it sounds?
4. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
5. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elisha positive that John Dawson will not want anything to eat during his time being captured?
2. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
3. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
4. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
5. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
6. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
7. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
8. What did Elisha do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
9. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
10. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)