|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
(a) Poor little boy, poor little boy
(b) My son
(c) You disappoint me
(d) You killer
2. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Beard pulled
(b) Matches lit under fingernails
(c) Drowned in a bucket
(d) Face spat on
3. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(a) Wanted anything
4. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He stops for a moment
(b) He hits him
(c) He shoots him
(d) He calls for help
5. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
2. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
3. Elisha was named for a man who was a prophet of ____________, as he explains.
4. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
2. What is strange about the boy that Elisha sees among the dead people who begin to surround him in the room?
3. What does Elisha tell John Dawson about the meaning of his name after John comments on it?
4. What does John Dawson request from Elisha after he begins to pace around the room?
5. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
6. What happened to Stefan at the concentration camp where Elisha was held as well?
7. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
8. What does Elisha begin to understand about the idea of killing others as he talks with the younger version of himself?
9. What is ironic about the room in which John is being held as a prisoner?
10. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)