|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
2. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) The British Judge
(d) The Old Man
3. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
4. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
5. Elisha was named for a man who was a prophet of ____________, as he explains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
3. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
4. ___________ is making murderers out of these people through his action.
5. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elisha ask John Dawson about when he sees how slender his fingers and hands are?
2. Who are some of the dead people that Elisha begins to see in the room around him?
3. What does Ilana say when she talks about she also kills with her voice? Do they have a choice?
4. What is the macabre reasoning for Catherine's desire to make love to Elisha at the youth camp in Normandy?
5. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
6. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
7. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
8. What does John Dawson request from Elisha after he begins to pace around the room?
9. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
10. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)