|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha learns from his first raid that it is not easy to play the part of ___________.
(b) A Resister
2. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
(a) Military convoy
(b) Lone tank
(c) Supply bus
(d) Army Captain
3. What does Gad do incessantly as he talked to Elisha about his ideas of the world?
4. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
5. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. For six weeks, recruits are taught by ____________ instructors on how to use various kinds of weapons.
2. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
3. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
4. Who is now occupying the town in which Elisha and his parents once resided?
5. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
2. How is David ben Moshe treated around the world during the time of conflict after his capture?
3. What is the subject that Elisha wants to study when he is enrolled at Sorbonne in Paris?
4. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
5. How does Elisha rationalize the killing of others in the name of the Movement, even though scripture condemns it?
6. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
7. What are some of the operations that Elisha has taken part in since his arrival in Palestine?
8. What makes Elisha feel uneasy about Gad when Gad first enters his life at his furnished flat?
9. What does the English army do in response to the kidnapping of Captain John Dawson?
10. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)