|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name has been on everyone's lips within the media, upsetting the Old Man?
(a) David ben Moshe
(d) John Dawson
2. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
(a) Ilana Porzikov
(b) John Dawson
(c) Elisha de Leon
(d) David ben Moshe
3. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) Old Man
(c) John Dawson
4. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(b) English uniforms
5. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
2. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
3. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
4. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
5. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Elisha feel uneasy about Gad when Gad first enters his life at his furnished flat?
2. How did Elisha, the main character, come to be in France after the events of WWII?
3. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
4. What does the English army do in response to the kidnapping of Captain John Dawson?
5. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
6. What has Elisha done every night since learning the lesson of the beggar as it was taught to him?
7. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
8. What is the lesson of the grizzled master that Elisha remembers when he learns about the idea of killing others?
9. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
10. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)