|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Jews now go out and _______, just like everyone else, to assert their rights to live as men.
(a) Stand tall
2. What are the people who come to the house actually learning about instead of traditional lessons?
(a) Terrorist techniques
(b) How to protest
3. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
4. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Trade embargos
(b) Bombing of Palestine
(c) Miliatry government
(d) 48 hour curfew
5. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
Short Answer Questions
1. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
2. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
3. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
4. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
5. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
2. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
3. What do several masked instructors teach to the new recruits when they arrive in Palestine?
4. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
5. What is the subject that Elisha wants to study when he is enrolled at Sorbonne in Paris?
6. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
7. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
8. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
9. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
10. What does Ilana say about the two deaths of the two men who are to be executed?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)