|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
(a) Army Captain
(b) Military convoy
(c) Supply bus
(d) Lone tank
2. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
3. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
4. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
5. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
2. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
3. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
4. Where is John Dawson being kept in the two-story building as he is a hostage?
5. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
2. What does Ilana say to John Dawson's mother during her radio program?
3. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
4. How is David ben Moshe treated around the world during the time of conflict after his capture?
5. What does Ilana say about the two deaths of the two men who are to be executed?
6. What is the lesson of the grizzled master that Elisha remembers when he learns about the idea of killing others?
7. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
8. What does Elisha envy in the Old Man, regardless of what he instructs them to do for the cause?
9. What happens to Elisha after he spends a month in a youth camp in Normandy, France?
10. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)