|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what concentration camp did Elisha come during the events of World War II?
(c) Bergen Belsen
(d) Auschwitz II
2. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
3. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
(c) Younger people
4. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
(d) His native town
5. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A stayed execution
(b) The death
(c) A pardon
(d) A speedy trial
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
2. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
3. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
4. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
5. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the goal of the first rad that Elisha went on as a part of the Movement?
2. What did Joab do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
3. What is the first question John Dawson asks after Elisha and John stare at each other for a while?
4. What did Gad do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
5. How did Elisha, the main character, come to be in France after the events of WWII?
6. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
7. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
8. How are things different when Elisha returns upstairs after the killing of John Dawson?
9. What are some of the operations that Elisha has taken part in since his arrival in Palestine?
10. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)