|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
2. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
(b) David ben Moshe
3. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) His father's
(b) His own
(c) The beggar's
(d) The rabbi's
4. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(a) Hard job
(c) Soft job
5. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
2. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
3. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
4. What is NOT one of the ways mentioned that might be considered 'any means necessary' in the goal of the Movement?
5. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
2. What do several masked instructors teach to the new recruits when they arrive in Palestine?
3. What has Elisha done every night since learning the lesson of the beggar as it was taught to him?
4. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
5. How did Elisha, the main character, come to be in France after the events of WWII?
6. How does Elisha rationalize the killing of others in the name of the Movement, even though scripture condemns it?
7. What does Ilana say about the two deaths of the two men who are to be executed?
8. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
9. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
10. What is the face the Elisha sees the evening that takes place in this chapter?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)