|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
(a) The child crying
(b) The music
(c) The wolves
(d) The bombing
2. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
3. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) The death
(b) A stayed execution
(c) A speedy trial
(d) A pardon
4. Who is the other soldier who is killed during the skirmish which takes place when David is taken prisoner?
5. The radio announcer says that the _____________ is responsible for the death of David ben Moshe.
(a) US government
(c) German government
(d) British government
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
2. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
3. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
4. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
5. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do several masked instructors teach to the new recruits when they arrive in Palestine?
2. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
3. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
4. How does Elisha rationalize the killing of others in the name of the Movement, even though scripture condemns it?
5. What does the beggar do to Elisha when Elisha begs for answers about the meaning of his words?
6. What does the boy tell Elisha about all of the faces that Elisha sees around him in the room?
7. What is the subject that Elisha wants to study when he is enrolled at Sorbonne in Paris?
8. What are some of the operations that Elisha has taken part in since his arrival in Palestine?
9. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
10. Who are the people who are sitting around the table at the start of this chapter?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)