|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dialogue that leads Elisha to believe Gad is a powerful person? E: Who are you? G: I am a __________________.
(d) Truth teller
2. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(a) Soft job
(b) Hard job
3. Which side of the English vs. Palestinian conflict has probably had more casualties?
(c) Depends on who you ask
4. Elisha seeks to explore questions such as why he was ___________, where God is to be found, etc.
5. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
2. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
3. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
4. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
5. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the English army do in response to the kidnapping of Captain John Dawson?
2. What does Elisha envy in the Old Man, regardless of what he instructs them to do for the cause?
3. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
4. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
5. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
6. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
7. What are some of the basic ideas of the Movement's ideology as taught to recruits by Gad?
8. What makes Elisha feel uneasy about Gad when Gad first enters his life at his furnished flat?
9. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
10. What is the face the Elisha sees the evening that takes place in this chapter?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)