|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
(a) Take a test
(b) Kill a man
(c) Go home
(d) Get married
2. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
3. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
4. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
5. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(c) The Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
2. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
3. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
4. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
5. The goal of the Movement is simple: to get the ___________ out by any means necessary.
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
2. What do several masked instructors teach to the new recruits when they arrive in Palestine?
3. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
4. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
5. What is the subject that Elisha wants to study when he is enrolled at Sorbonne in Paris?
6. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
7. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
8. How can one tell the different between night and day time, according to the beggar in Elisha's memory?
9. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
10. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)