|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
(a) His soul
(c) His prayers
2. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(a) Hard job
(d) Soft job
3. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
4. Elisha's goal is to enroll in a ___________ course at the Sorbonne school.
5. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
2. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
3. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
4. What is NOT one of the ways mentioned that might be considered 'any means necessary' in the goal of the Movement?
5. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Stefan at the concentration camp where Elisha was held as well?
2. What is the lesson of the grizzled master that Elisha remembers when he learns about the idea of killing others?
3. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
4. What did Elisha do to narrowly escape his own death, according to his recollection?
5. Why does John Dawson appear to pity Elisha instead of being mad at him?
6. What did Ilana do to narrowly escape her own death, according to her recollection?
7. What does John Dawson do when Gideon tells him that he is going to die at dawn the next day?
8. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
9. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
10. What does Ilana say about the two deaths of the two men who are to be executed?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)