|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
2. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
(a) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor
(b) Thou shalt not have no other Gods but me
(c) Thou shalt not kill
(d) Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain
3. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
4. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
5. What is the dialogue that leads Elisha to believe Gad is a powerful person? E: Who are you? G: I am a __________________.
(a) Truth teller
Short Answer Questions
1. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
2. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
3. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
4. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
5. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
2. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
3. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
4. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
5. What does Elisha envy in the Old Man, regardless of what he instructs them to do for the cause?
6. What is the face the Elisha sees the evening that takes place in this chapter?
7. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
8. What does Ilana say to John Dawson's mother during her radio program?
9. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
10. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)