|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
2. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Listen to the Old Man
(b) Hate your enemy
(c) Forget your family
(d) Forget your past
3. Elisha learns from his first raid that it is not easy to play the part of ___________.
(a) A Resister
4. Whose name has been on everyone's lips within the media, upsetting the Old Man?
(a) John Dawson
(d) David ben Moshe
5. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
2. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
3. Gad talks to Elisha about realizing the age old Jewish dream of an independent ____________.
4. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
5. What is the dialogue that leads Elisha to believe Gad is a powerful person? E: Who are you? G: I am a __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Elisha done every night since learning the lesson of the beggar as it was taught to him?
2. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
3. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
4. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
5. What does Elisha envy in the Old Man, regardless of what he instructs them to do for the cause?
6. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
7. What are some of the basic ideas of the Movement's ideology as taught to recruits by Gad?
8. What was the goal of the first rad that Elisha went on as a part of the Movement?
9. What does Ilana say to John Dawson's mother during her radio program?
10. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)