|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Jews now go out and _______, just like everyone else, to assert their rights to live as men.
(b) Stand tall
2. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Listen to the Old Man
(b) Hate your enemy
(c) Forget your past
(d) Forget your family
3. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
4. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
5. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
(a) He is an Englishman
(b) He has 2 girls
(c) He is a traitor to their cause
(d) He hates him
Short Answer Questions
1. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
2. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
3. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
4. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
5. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the question that Elisha asks of every ghost in the room with him, though he has a hard time getting an answer?
2. What happens to Elisha after he spends a month in a youth camp in Normandy, France?
3. What do each of the people around the table slowly talk about as they are sitting together?
4. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
5. What does John Dawson reveal about his appetite on the last night before his execution?
6. Why does the room feel crowded to Elisha as the clock ticks past midnight in the chapter?
7. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
8. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
9. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
10. What do several masked instructors teach to the new recruits when they arrive in Palestine?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)