|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
2. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
3. Whose name has been on everyone's lips within the media, upsetting the Old Man?
(a) John Dawson
(b) David ben Moshe
4. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(c) The Old Man
5. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Forget your family
(b) Hate your enemy
(c) Forget your past
(d) Listen to the Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
2. What is the dialogue that leads Elisha to believe Gad is a powerful person? E: Who are you? G: I am a __________________.
3. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
4. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
5. For six weeks, recruits are taught by ____________ instructors on how to use various kinds of weapons.
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
2. What is the face the Elisha sees the evening that takes place in this chapter?
3. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
4. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
5. What is the lesson of the grizzled master that Elisha remembers when he learns about the idea of killing others?
6. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
7. What happens to Elisha after he spends a month in a youth camp in Normandy, France?
8. What do several masked instructors teach to the new recruits when they arrive in Palestine?
9. How does Elisha rationalize the killing of others in the name of the Movement, even though scripture condemns it?
10. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)