|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
2. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
3. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
4. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
(a) Leader of the World
(b) Messenger of fate
(c) Bringer of Doom
5. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Listen to the Old Man
(b) Forget your past
(c) Hate your enemy
(d) Forget your family
Short Answer Questions
1. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
2. Elisha believes it is necessary to kill in order to change his people's ____________.
3. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
4. Elisha's goal is to enroll in a ___________ course at the Sorbonne school.
5. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
2. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
3. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
4. What makes Elisha feel uneasy about Gad when Gad first enters his life at his furnished flat?
5. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
6. How can one tell the different between night and day time, according to the beggar in Elisha's memory?
7. What is the lesson of the grizzled master that Elisha remembers when he learns about the idea of killing others?
8. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
9. What does Ilana say to John Dawson's mother during her radio program?
10. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)