|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
(a) Get married
(b) Take a test
(c) Kill a man
(d) Go home
2. The Old Man cries because in his eyes, the ____________ are not yet free from fear and victim mentality.
3. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
4. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
5. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
Short Answer Questions
1. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
2. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
3. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
4. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
5. Gad talks to Elisha about realizing the age old Jewish dream of an independent ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elisha, the main character, come to be in France after the events of WWII?
2. What is the subject that Elisha wants to study when he is enrolled at Sorbonne in Paris?
3. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
4. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
5. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
6. What does Ilana say about the two deaths of the two men who are to be executed?
7. How does Elisha rationalize the killing of others in the name of the Movement, even though scripture condemns it?
8. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
9. What happens to Elisha after he spends a month in a youth camp in Normandy, France?
10. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)