|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gad talks to Elisha about realizing the age old Jewish dream of an independent ____________.
2. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
3. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
4. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(c) The Old Man
5. What is the dialogue that leads Elisha to believe Gad is a powerful person? E: Who are you? G: I am a __________________.
(d) Truth teller
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
2. The radio announcer says that the _____________ is responsible for the death of David ben Moshe.
3. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
4. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
5. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the face the Elisha sees the evening that takes place in this chapter?
2. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
3. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
4. What are some of the operations that Elisha has taken part in since his arrival in Palestine?
5. What has Elisha done every night since learning the lesson of the beggar as it was taught to him?
6. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
7. How is David ben Moshe treated around the world during the time of conflict after his capture?
8. What does Ilana say about the two deaths of the two men who are to be executed?
9. What happens to Elisha after he spends a month in a youth camp in Normandy, France?
10. What does the English army do in response to the kidnapping of Captain John Dawson?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)