|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(a) Math professor
(d) Language professor
2. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
3. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
4. Elisha learns from his first raid that it is not easy to play the part of ___________.
(d) A Resister
5. From what concentration camp did Elisha come during the events of World War II?
(c) Auschwitz II
(d) Bergen Belsen
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
2. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
3. For six weeks, recruits are taught by ____________ instructors on how to use various kinds of weapons.
4. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
5. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the basic ideas of the Movement's ideology as taught to recruits by Gad?
2. What will happen to David ben Moshe as a result of his capture by the English?
3. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
4. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
5. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
6. What is the lesson that the beggar taught Elisha when he was walking through the dark?
7. What was the goal of the first rad that Elisha went on as a part of the Movement?
8. What was the decision of the Old Man that Gad relayed to Elisha an hour earlier in the first chapter?
9. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
10. What does Elisha know about the man who is residing in the hiding place where Elisha is?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)