|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
2. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
3. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) John Dawson
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) Richard Morton
(d) Terrence Smith
4. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
5. Elisha's previous idea about killing others included: If you kill, then you're taking on the function of _________.
(d) Death harbinger
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha learns from his first raid that it is not easy to play the part of ___________.
2. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
3. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
4. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
5. ____________ inspires all Jewish men, woman and children during her radio program.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the English army do in response to the kidnapping of Captain John Dawson?
2. Describe the city setting at the start of the story when Elisha is standing near a window.
3. How is David ben Moshe treated around the world during the time of conflict after his capture?
4. What does Ilana say to John Dawson's mother during her radio program?
5. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
6. What happens when Gad offers Elisha a future when he visits with him one fateful day?
7. How did Elisha, the main character, come to be in France after the events of WWII?
8. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
9. What are some of the basic ideas of the Movement's ideology as taught to recruits by Gad?
10. What is the lesson of the grizzled master that Elisha remembers when he learns about the idea of killing others?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)