|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
2. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) His mother
(b) Old beggar
(c) His father
(d) Old Man
3. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
4. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
5. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
2. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
3. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
4. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
5. Elisha's goal is to enroll in a ___________ course at the Sorbonne school.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gad want Elisha to join the Movement of Jews who are fighting against the English?
2. What are some of the operations that Elisha has taken part in since his arrival in Palestine?
3. Why didn't Elisha want to return to his native town where his family used to live?
4. What is the cellar of the two story building somewhere between Ramat-Gan and Tel Aviv used for?
5. What has Elisha seen every night since hearing the advice of the beggar?
6. What has Elisha done every night since learning the lesson of the beggar as it was taught to him?
7. What does Ilana say to John Dawson's mother during her radio program?
8. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the recruits by a masked man with a soft voice?
9. How have the fighters of the Movement been attacking the English by surprise?
10. What does Elisha envy in the Old Man, regardless of what he instructs them to do for the cause?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)