|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(d) Enemy armies
2. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
(a) His hair has turned white
(b) He is heavier
(c) His eyes are a different color
(d) His clothes are on backwards
3. Gideon is finally freed from his torture and imprisonment due to ______________.
(a) His captors finding a new torture victim
(b) Lack of evidence
(c) A cunning escape
(d) A prison breakout
4. What do the English not have of Ilana, which has made it difficult for anyone to identify her?
(a) A relative
(b) A radio program
(c) A description
(d) A location
5. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
(d) Burning up
6. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
(a) Insane asylum
(b) A friend's house
7. When Elisha begs the boy for answers, what does the boy reply?
(a) What do you think the answer is?
(b) Don't you know?
(c) Do I know you?
(d) Who are you?
8. What does John Dawson want to tell Elisha even as the pistol is raised?
(a) A limerick
(b) His sins
(c) A funny story
(d) A Bible story
9. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
10. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(a) The pillow
(d) The window
11. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
12. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
13. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
(a) His own
(c) His father's
(d) His rabbi's
14. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
15. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have drawn straws
(b) I would have shot them all
(c) I'd have killed myself instead
(d) I would have made them kill each other
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Dawson want to do as he is waiting for his execution?
2. _____________ is praying for the repose of the dead when Elisha comes upstairs.
3. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
4. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
5. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)