|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
(d) His duty
3. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
4. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
5. What does John Dawson want to tell Elisha even as the pistol is raised?
(a) His sins
(b) A limerick
(c) A funny story
(d) A Bible story
6. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
(a) His eye
(b) His right hand
(c) His right foot
(d) His left hand
7. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
8. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
(a) He is coughing
(b) He is asleep
(c) He is vomiting
(d) He is hungry
9. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
10. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
11. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(d) Wanted anything
12. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(c) The pillow
(d) The window
13. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
14. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
15. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have shot them all
(b) I would have made them kill each other
(c) I'd have killed myself instead
(d) I would have drawn straws
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
2. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
3. What does John Dawson think of Elisha's name and how it sounds?
4. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
5. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)