|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
(a) His right foot
(b) His right hand
(c) His eye
(d) His left hand
2. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
(c) Old Man
3. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(a) His father
(c) The rabbi
(d) His mother
4. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
(b) Insane asylum
(c) A friend's house
5. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
(a) The little boy
(b) The Old Man
6. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
(c) Tied up
7. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
(a) His clothes are on backwards
(b) His eyes are a different color
(c) He is heavier
(d) His hair has turned white
8. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Drowned in a bucket
(b) Beard pulled
(c) Matches lit under fingernails
(d) Face spat on
9. What time is it when Ilana and Joab comment about how it's the longest night they've ever lived through?
(a) 3:00 AM
(b) 2:00 AM
(c) 1:00 AM
(d) 4:00 AM
10. Who is the women in her mid-twenties that Elisha met while at the work camp in France?
11. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
(c) Sum total
12. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
13. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
14. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
15. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
2. Who is no longer yawning when Elisha goes upstairs after the execution?
3. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
4. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
5. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)