|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
2. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you the one?
(b) Are you Elisha?
(c) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(d) Are you a believer in God?
3. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
(b) His duty
4. _____________ is praying for the repose of the dead when Elisha comes upstairs.
5. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
6. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
7. Ilana is saved from being killed by a member of the opposition by a situation with ____________.
(a) A broken leg
(b) A cold in the head
(c) A cup of tea
(d) A friendly woman
8. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
9. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
10. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He stops for a moment
(b) He shoots him
(c) He hits him
(d) He calls for help
11. Elisha was named for a man who was a prophet of ____________, as he explains.
12. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
(b) Quiet soul
(c) Poor boy
(d) Silly man
13. Where does John Dawson's son, who is Elisha's age, go to school, according to John?
(d) Royal Air Force Academy
14. What is the name of the radio program that Ilana creates on a regular basis?
(a) Freedom Fighters
(b) Freedom Talkers
(c) Coast to Coast
(d) Voice of Freedom
15. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
(a) My son
(b) You killer
(c) You disappoint me
(d) Poor little boy, poor little boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
2. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
3. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
4. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
5. John repeatedly asks Elisha to give the ____________ to his son after his death.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)