|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Dawson want to tell Elisha even as the pistol is raised?
(a) A limerick
(b) A funny story
(c) His sins
(d) A Bible story
2. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have made them kill each other
(b) I would have drawn straws
(c) I'd have killed myself instead
(d) I would have shot them all
3. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
(c) A friend's house
(d) Insane asylum
4. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
5. Those in the Movement have a _________, and if they deny this, then they cede victory to their enemy.
6. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
(a) Puts him outside
(b) Shoots him
(c) Hits him
(d) Tries to choke him
7. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
(b) His father's
(c) His own
(d) His rabbi's
8. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you Elisha?
(b) Are you a believer in God?
(c) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(d) Are you the one?
9. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
10. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
11. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
(b) No one
12. When it is time, Elisha sees a __________ giving absolution to David.
13. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
14. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
(b) Burning up
15. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Matches lit under fingernails
(b) Beard pulled
(c) Face spat on
(d) Drowned in a bucket
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
2. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
3. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
4. The boy who asks for his father to be healed does not get his wish, but he is turned into _______________ and carried up to heaven.
5. The woman in the work camp likes making love to ____________ who are about to die.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)