|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
2. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
3. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(a) Poor boy
(d) Little boy
4. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
5. Those in the Movement have a _________, and if they deny this, then they cede victory to their enemy.
6. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
(a) If he was serious
(b) If he knew how to make bangers and mash
(c) If he could have a lager
(d) That he deserved a last good meal
7. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
8. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
9. Ilana is saved from being killed by a member of the opposition by a situation with ____________.
(a) A cold in the head
(b) A broken leg
(c) A cup of tea
(d) A friendly woman
10. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
11. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
(c) No one
12. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
13. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
(a) Puts him outside
(b) Tries to choke him
(c) Hits him
(d) Shoots him
14. Gideon talks about taking something to _______________ to John Dawson.
15. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is no longer yawning when Elisha goes upstairs after the execution?
2. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
3. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
4. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
5. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)