|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
2. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
3. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(a) Enemy armies
4. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
(a) His feelings
(b) His plans
(c) His guilt
(d) His allegiance
5. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
(a) He is vomiting
(b) He is coughing
(c) He is hungry
(d) He is asleep
6. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
7. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
(c) Sum total
8. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
(a) His eye
(b) His right hand
(c) His left hand
(d) His right foot
9. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
(c) Burning up
10. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
11. Elisha's mother used to tell him there was a ____________ that would guide and protect him everywhere he goes.
(c) Goat of gold
12. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
13. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
(a) If he could have a lager
(b) If he was serious
(c) That he deserved a last good meal
(d) If he knew how to make bangers and mash
14. What does Ilana serve to the people who are sitting around the table?
15. Ilana is saved from being killed by a member of the opposition by a situation with ____________.
(a) A cup of tea
(b) A friendly woman
(c) A broken leg
(d) A cold in the head
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman in the work camp likes making love to ____________ who are about to die.
2. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
3. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
4. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
5. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)