|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
2. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
3. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
4. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
(a) He is hungry
(b) He is asleep
(c) He is vomiting
(d) He is coughing
5. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
6. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
7. When it is time, Elisha sees a __________ giving absolution to David.
8. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
9. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
10. What does John Dawson want to do as he is waiting for his execution?
(a) Talk his way out of execution
(b) Write a note to his son
(c) See the sky
(d) Kill himself
11. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
12. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Face spat on
(b) Beard pulled
(c) Matches lit under fingernails
(d) Drowned in a bucket
13. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
14. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He stops for a moment
(b) He shoots him
(c) He calls for help
(d) He hits him
15. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
2. Gideon talks about taking something to _______________ to John Dawson.
3. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
4. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
5. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)