|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(b) The window
(c) The pillow
2. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
3. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
(a) You disappoint me
(b) Poor little boy, poor little boy
(c) My son
(d) You killer
4. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
5. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Drowned in a bucket
(b) Beard pulled
(c) Matches lit under fingernails
(d) Face spat on
6. Who is the women in her mid-twenties that Elisha met while at the work camp in France?
7. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
8. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) The rabbi
9. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
10. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
11. The boy who asks for his father to be healed does not get his wish, but he is turned into _______________ and carried up to heaven.
(a) An angel
(b) A ghost
(c) A cloud
(d) A prayer
12. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
13. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
(a) Elisha's mother
14. When it is time, Elisha sees a __________ giving absolution to David.
15. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gideon report back about the state of health of John Dawson?
2. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
3. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
4. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
5. Gideon talks about taking something to _______________ to John Dawson.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)