|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
(a) If he was serious
(b) That he deserved a last good meal
(c) If he knew how to make bangers and mash
(d) If he could have a lager
2. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
(b) The little boy
(c) The Old Man
3. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Desire for alcohol
(b) Healthy appetite
(c) Carefree attitude
(d) Stiff upper lip
4. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
(c) His duty
5. Usually Elisha found the _________ of his rabbi, his old master to be reassuring, but not this time.
6. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
(a) Elisha's mother
7. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
8. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have drawn straws
(b) I would have made them kill each other
(c) I'd have killed myself instead
(d) I would have shot them all
9. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
10. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
11. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
12. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
13. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
14. _____________ is praying for the repose of the dead when Elisha comes upstairs.
15. What does Ilana serve to the people who are sitting around the table?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
2. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
3. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
4. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
5. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)