|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have shot them all
(b) I would have made them kill each other
(c) I would have drawn straws
(d) I'd have killed myself instead
2. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(a) Little boy
(b) Poor boy
3. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
(a) Sum total
4. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
5. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you Elisha?
(b) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(c) Are you the one?
(d) Are you a believer in God?
6. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Stiff upper lip
(b) Desire for alcohol
(c) Carefree attitude
(d) Healthy appetite
7. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
8. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
(a) Shoots him
(b) Tries to choke him
(c) Hits him
(d) Puts him outside
9. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) The rabbi
10. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
11. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
(c) Elisha's mother
12. Gideon is finally freed from his torture and imprisonment due to ______________.
(a) Lack of evidence
(b) His captors finding a new torture victim
(c) A cunning escape
(d) A prison breakout
13. Elisha wants to ____________ Dawson, otherwise he's killing a man for no reason at all.
14. Elisha (the man who was a prophet of #156) restored life to a ___________ by lying on him and breathing into his mouth.
(d) Little boy
15. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
(a) This is a night of many faces
(b) This is a night to remember
(c) This is a night of mystery
(d) This is a night of darkness
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
2. Who is the German resistance fighter that Elisha met in Buchenwald?
3. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
4. The boy tells Elisha the people are here to witness Elisha become a __________ at dawn tomorrow.
5. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)