|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
2. Ilana is saved from being killed by a member of the opposition by a situation with ____________.
(a) A cup of tea
(b) A friendly woman
(c) A cold in the head
(d) A broken leg
3. ___________ is making murderers out of these people through his action.
(a) Old Man
4. When Elisha begs the boy for answers, what does the boy reply?
(a) Who are you?
(b) Do I know you?
(c) Don't you know?
(d) What do you think the answer is?
5. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
6. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) The British Judge
(d) The Old Man
7. Gideon talks about taking something to _______________ to John Dawson.
8. What does John Dawson want to do as he is waiting for his execution?
(a) Talk his way out of execution
(b) Kill himself
(c) Write a note to his son
(d) See the sky
9. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
10. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
11. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(d) Enemy armies
12. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
13. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have made them kill each other
(b) I would have shot them all
(c) I would have drawn straws
(d) I'd have killed myself instead
14. John repeatedly asks Elisha to give the ____________ to his son after his death.
15. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
(a) Poor little boy, poor little boy
(b) You disappoint me
(c) You killer
(d) My son
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Dawson think of Elisha's name and how it sounds?
2. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
3. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
4. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
5. Elisha (the man who was a prophet of #156) restored life to a ___________ by lying on him and breathing into his mouth.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)