|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
2. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
(a) His right hand
(b) His right foot
(c) His eye
(d) His left hand
3. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
4. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He hits him
(b) He calls for help
(c) He shoots him
(d) He stops for a moment
5. What does Ilana serve to the people who are sitting around the table?
6. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(b) Enemy armies
7. Elisha was named for a man who was a prophet of ____________, as he explains.
8. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I'd have killed myself instead
(b) I would have made them kill each other
(c) I would have drawn straws
(d) I would have shot them all
9. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you Elisha?
(b) Are you the one?
(c) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(d) Are you a believer in God?
10. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
11. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(a) His father
(b) The rabbi
(c) His mother
12. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
(a) Elisha's mother
13. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
14. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(b) Wanted anything
15. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha wants to ____________ Dawson, otherwise he's killing a man for no reason at all.
2. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
3. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
4. "In a way, we are the ones to _________ John Dawson. Because you can't do it without us. Now, do you see?"
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)