|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
2. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
3. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
(d) Elisha's mother
4. Gideon is finally freed from his torture and imprisonment due to ______________.
(a) His captors finding a new torture victim
(b) A cunning escape
(c) A prison breakout
(d) Lack of evidence
5. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(b) Enemy armies
6. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
7. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
8. Who is the women in her mid-twenties that Elisha met while at the work camp in France?
9. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Desire for alcohol
(b) Healthy appetite
(c) Stiff upper lip
(d) Carefree attitude
10. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(b) Poor boy
(c) Little boy
11. Elisha (the man who was a prophet of #156) restored life to a ___________ by lying on him and breathing into his mouth.
(a) Little boy
12. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(c) Wanted anything
13. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I'd have killed myself instead
(b) I would have drawn straws
(c) I would have made them kill each other
(d) I would have shot them all
14. What is the name of the radio program that Ilana creates on a regular basis?
(a) Freedom Talkers
(b) Coast to Coast
(c) Freedom Fighters
(d) Voice of Freedom
15. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
2. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
3. What do the English not have of Ilana, which has made it difficult for anyone to identify her?
4. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
5. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)