|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
(b) No one
2. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
3. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
4. Who is no longer yawning when Elisha goes upstairs after the execution?
5. What does Elisha decide to do instead of going outside to freeze in the cold?
(a) Go to the bathroom
(b) Sleep in
(c) Hide in the barracks
(d) Go to the SS office
6. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
7. Ilana is saved from being killed by a member of the opposition by a situation with ____________.
(a) A broken leg
(b) A friendly woman
(c) A cup of tea
(d) A cold in the head
8. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
9. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(a) The pillow
(d) The window
10. Who urges Elisha to go take the food down to John Dawson?
(a) The Old Man
(c) The little boy
11. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
(a) His guilt
(b) His feelings
(c) His allegiance
(d) His plans
12. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
13. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
(a) His eyes are a different color
(b) His clothes are on backwards
(c) His hair has turned white
(d) He is heavier
14. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Drowned in a bucket
(b) Face spat on
(c) Beard pulled
(d) Matches lit under fingernails
15. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
(d) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. John repeatedly asks Elisha to give the ____________ to his son after his death.
2. Who is NOT one of the people that Elisha sees filing into the room as the night goes on?
3. What do the English not have of Ilana, which has made it difficult for anyone to identify her?
4. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
5. Elisha was named for a man who was a prophet of ____________, as he explains.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)