|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
2. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
(a) What time is it?
(b) Can I leave?
(c) Who are you?
(d) Why are you doing this?
3. What do the English not have of Ilana, which has made it difficult for anyone to identify her?
(a) A radio program
(b) A location
(c) A relative
(d) A description
4. Gideon talks about taking something to _______________ to John Dawson.
5. What does Ilana serve to the people who are sitting around the table?
6. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(c) Wanted anything
7. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
8. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
9. What time is it when Ilana and Joab comment about how it's the longest night they've ever lived through?
(a) 1:00 AM
(b) 3:00 AM
(c) 2:00 AM
(d) 4:00 AM
10. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have made them kill each other
(b) I would have shot them all
(c) I would have drawn straws
(d) I'd have killed myself instead
11. ___________ is making murderers out of these people through his action.
(b) Old Man
12. Ilana understands why Elisha doesn't want to see John Dawson - he is ________.
13. Looking back on the situation of killing the man, Gad says that he was very young and very _________.
14. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Drowned in a bucket
(b) Face spat on
(c) Beard pulled
(d) Matches lit under fingernails
15. When Elisha begs the boy for answers, what does the boy reply?
(a) Do I know you?
(b) What do you think the answer is?
(c) Don't you know?
(d) Who are you?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha's mother used to tell him there was a ____________ that would guide and protect him everywhere he goes.
2. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
3. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
4. Elisha believes he lost the answer to #146 on his way to _______________.
5. Gideon is finally freed from his torture and imprisonment due to ______________.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)