|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
(a) His eyes are a different color
(b) His clothes are on backwards
(c) He is heavier
(d) His hair has turned white
2. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
3. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He stops for a moment
(b) He calls for help
(c) He shoots him
(d) He hits him
4. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
5. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(c) The window
(d) The pillow
6. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
7. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
8. Who is NOT one of the people that Elisha sees filing into the room as the night goes on?
(a) Old Man
(b) His parents
(d) A boy who looks like him
9. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
(c) Burning up
10. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
(a) His left hand
(b) His eye
(c) His right foot
(d) His right hand
11. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
(a) This is a night of darkness
(b) This is a night of many faces
(c) This is a night of mystery
(d) This is a night to remember
12. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
(a) No one
13. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(a) Enemy armies
14. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Healthy appetite
(b) Stiff upper lip
(c) Carefree attitude
(d) Desire for alcohol
15. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Face spat on
(b) Matches lit under fingernails
(c) Beard pulled
(d) Drowned in a bucket
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
2. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
3. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
4. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
5. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)