|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
2. What do the English not have of Ilana, which has made it difficult for anyone to identify her?
(a) A relative
(b) A location
(c) A radio program
(d) A description
3. Elisha wants to ____________ Dawson, otherwise he's killing a man for no reason at all.
4. What does Elisha decide to do instead of going outside to freeze in the cold?
(a) Go to the bathroom
(b) Go to the SS office
(c) Sleep in
(d) Hide in the barracks
5. Who has not eaten all day because he is upset about what is going to happen to John Dawson?
6. What does the beggar tell Elisha as Elisha walks around asking questions of everyone?
(a) This is a night of mystery
(b) This is a night of many faces
(c) This is a night to remember
(d) This is a night of darkness
7. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(d) Enemy armies
8. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
9. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
(a) Spits at the interrogator
(b) Refuses to drink
(c) Refuses to eat
(d) Does not react
10. ___________ is making murderers out of these people through his action.
(c) Old Man
11. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
(a) A friend's house
(c) Insane asylum
12. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
(a) His allegiance
(b) His plans
(c) His guilt
(d) His feelings
13. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
14. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
15. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes and prepares some food for John Dawson's last meal?
2. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
3. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
4. _____________ is praying for the repose of the dead when Elisha comes upstairs.
5. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)