|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha's mother used to tell him there was a ____________ that would guide and protect him everywhere he goes.
(b) Goat of gold
2. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
3. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
4. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
5. Elisha does not want to take the food to Dawson, preferring to remember him as the man who never _________.
(d) Wanted anything
6. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
(a) If he was serious
(b) That he deserved a last good meal
(c) If he could have a lager
(d) If he knew how to make bangers and mash
7. The boy tells Elisha, "You are the ________ of all that we have been," as Elisha begs for answers.
(d) Sum total
8. What is NOT one of the torture methods used on Gideon during a time when he was arrested?
(a) Beard pulled
(b) Drowned in a bucket
(c) Matches lit under fingernails
(d) Face spat on
9. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I'd have killed myself instead
(b) I would have drawn straws
(c) I would have made them kill each other
(d) I would have shot them all
10. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you a believer in God?
(b) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(c) Are you Elisha?
(d) Are you the one?
11. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(b) Poor boy
(c) Little boy
12. The boy tells Elisha that the ________ are hungry as Elisha considers taking food to Dawson.
(a) Enemy armies
13. What does John Dawson think of Elisha's name and how it sounds?
(a) He thinks it's appropriate
(b) He thinks it's horrible
(c) He thinks it's musical
(d) He thinks it's familiar to him
14. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
(a) What time is it?
(b) Who are you?
(c) Can I leave?
(d) Why are you doing this?
15. "In a way, we are the ones to _________ John Dawson. Because you can't do it without us. Now, do you see?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
2. John repeatedly asks Elisha to give the ____________ to his son after his death.
3. When it is time, Elisha sees a __________ giving absolution to David.
4. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
5. Gideon talks about taking something to _______________ to John Dawson.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)