|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At midnight, the dead leave the graveyard to go to the __________, not to pray, but to eat.
2. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
3. Elisha owes his life to a ______________, according to his story.
4. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
5. Due to a ventilation system, Dawson's room is actually much less ___________ than the room above.
6. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
(a) He is heavier
(b) His hair has turned white
(c) His clothes are on backwards
(d) His eyes are a different color
7. ___________ is making murderers out of these people through his action.
(b) Old Man
8. What is John Dawson staring at when Elisha enters his room to meet him?
(b) The window
(d) The pillow
9. What does Elisha describe his state as when Ilana asks him if he is hot?
(b) Burning up
10. Who is NOT one of the people that Elisha sees filing into the room as the night goes on?
(b) A boy who looks like him
(c) His parents
(d) Old Man
11. Who is the women in her mid-twenties that Elisha met while at the work camp in France?
12. Who beats Elisha to bringing the food down to John Dawson?
13. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) The Old Man
(d) The British Judge
14. Elisha was named for a man who was a prophet of ____________, as he explains.
15. What does his mother murmur to him when Elisha is standing in the room, asking questions of the people surrounding him?
(a) You killer
(b) My son
(c) Poor little boy, poor little boy
(d) You disappoint me
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the positions of the people in the group of men that Gad has to select from?
2. What does Elisha decide to do instead of going outside to freeze in the cold?
3. What was the profession of the German resistance fighter from #163 that Elisha met?
4. What does John Dawson want to tell Elisha even as the pistol is raised?
5. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)