|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gad reply when Elisha asks what he would have done if the men hadn't made a choice?
(a) I would have shot them all
(b) I'd have killed myself instead
(c) I would have drawn straws
(d) I would have made them kill each other
2. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Stiff upper lip
(b) Desire for alcohol
(c) Carefree attitude
(d) Healthy appetite
3. Ilana looks at Elisha with _______________ and Gideon with friendliness.
4. Usually Elisha found the _________ of his rabbi, his old master to be reassuring, but not this time.
5. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
6. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) The Old Man
(c) The British Judge
7. Who offers to break the news of his impending death to John Dawson?
8. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
9. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(b) Are you a believer in God?
(c) Are you the one?
(d) Are you Elisha?
10. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) The rabbi
11. Elisha comments that Dawson's hands are the hands of a _______________.
12. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(a) Little boy
(b) Poor boy
13. What does Joab notice about himself once he is out of his hiding place?
(a) His clothes are on backwards
(b) His eyes are a different color
(c) He is heavier
(d) His hair has turned white
14. What does Ilana call Elisha, though he asks her to stop calling him that?
(a) Silly man
(b) Quiet soul
(d) Poor boy
15. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
(a) Why are you doing this?
(b) Who are you?
(c) What time is it?
(d) Can I leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is praying for the repose of the dead when Elisha comes upstairs.
2. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
3. ____________ tells Elisha that John Dawson doesn't know he will be executed in the morning.
4. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
5. When Elisha begs the boy for answers, what does the boy reply?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)