|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisha do as John Dawson begins to talk some more?
(a) He stops for a moment
(b) He shoots him
(c) He hits him
(d) He calls for help
2. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
(a) His own
(b) His father's
(c) His rabbi's
3. John refuses to be ______________ when he is executed.
(c) Tied up
4. What is the question Dawson then asks, surprising Elisha in the process?
(a) Are you Elisha?
(b) Are you the Old Man in my dreams?
(c) Are you a believer in God?
(d) Are you the one?
5. What time is it when Ilana and Joab comment about how it's the longest night they've ever lived through?
(a) 4:00 AM
(b) 2:00 AM
(c) 1:00 AM
(d) 3:00 AM
6. Usually Elisha found the _________ of his rabbi, his old master to be reassuring, but not this time.
7. What does Elisha decide to do instead of going outside to freeze in the cold?
(a) Hide in the barracks
(b) Sleep in
(c) Go to the bathroom
(d) Go to the SS office
8. Elisha says that it is ___________ to kill a complete stranger, which is why he wants to see Dawson.
(a) His duty
9. Gad owes his life to three ____________ who were supposed to be killed in a specific way as directed by the Old Man.
10. John is sad to think that Elisha _____________ him, but it's not true.
11. Elisha wants to impose the image of ____________ torturer on John Dawson, but he cannot.
12. What is the name of the radio program that Ilana creates on a regular basis?
(a) Freedom Talkers
(b) Coast to Coast
(c) Freedom Fighters
(d) Voice of Freedom
13. What is the last word on John's lips at his execution?
(b) Little boy
(c) Poor boy
14. Who does Elisha see filing into the room, making the room feel very crowded?
15. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Dawson continue to do as Elisha raises his revolver to shoot him?
2. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
3. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
4. Instead of listening to Dawson, Elisha tries to focus on _________________, but since he's never seen him, this is hard.
5. What did John Dawson say when Gideon asked him if he was hungry?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)