|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ghosts are leaving the cell, taking ____________ with them.
(b) No one
2. What is the profession of an old friend of Joab's that helps him with hiding from his neighbor?
3. Dawson asks for Elisha's age and then tells him that is is ____________ for him.
4. Gad laughs at the response of John Dawson, saying that it's typical English to have a ______________.
(a) Desire for alcohol
(b) Stiff upper lip
(c) Carefree attitude
(d) Healthy appetite
5. The tattered fragment of darkness has a face, Elisha sees, and that face is ___________.
(a) His own
(c) His rabbi's
(d) His father's
6. Who is NOT one of the people sitting around the table, thinking about David ben Moshe?
(b) Old Man
7. Elisha does not believe that a man about to die could ever be ______________.
8. Who takes Elisha's arm and tells him to talk to the boy who looks like the Elisha of before?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) The rabbi
9. What is NOT one of the things that John Dawson asks Elisha to bring him?
10. Where did Joab hide in order to flee from a neighbor who was against the movement?
(a) A friend's house
(d) Insane asylum
11. When it is time, Elisha sees a __________ giving absolution to David.
12. Elisha's master's eyes are like two globes of _________, two suns that burn his face.
13. Gideon is finally freed from his torture and imprisonment due to ______________.
(a) Lack of evidence
(b) A cunning escape
(c) His captors finding a new torture victim
(d) A prison breakout
14. The boy who asks for his father to be healed does not get his wish, but he is turned into _______________ and carried up to heaven.
(a) A ghost
(b) An angel
(c) A cloud
(d) A prayer
15. Gideon thinks he is only alive because he did not admit _____________.
(a) His plans
(b) His feelings
(c) His guilt
(d) His allegiance
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the German resistance fighter lose during his torture at the hands of the Nazis?
2. What is the first question that Dawson asks Elisha after they stare at each other?
3. What is NOT one of the things Joab does during his 48-hour interrogation session?
4. Those in the Movement have a _________, and if they deny this, then they cede victory to their enemy.
5. The boy finally tells Elisha that the dead are not there to ________, but because they go wherever he goes.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)