|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
2. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
3. A ____________ delegation is received at the White House where the U.S. president promises to help as well.
4. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
5. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
6. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
7. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Are you afraid of the dark?
(b) Who do you serve?
(c) What are your desires?
(d) Do you know God?
8. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
9. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
10. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
11. The goal of the Movement is simple: to get the ___________ out by any means necessary.
12. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
(c) Old Man
13. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
14. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Hide David
(b) Shoot a captain
(c) Change a tire
(d) Scream for help
15. Ilana's broadcasts are a product of the _______________, the men find out.
(c) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
2. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
3. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
4. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
5. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)