|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
2. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
3. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) Old beggar
(b) His father
(c) Old Man
(d) His mother
4. The Old Man cries because in his eyes, the ____________ are not yet free from fear and victim mentality.
5. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
6. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
7. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(b) Hard job
(d) Soft job
8. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(d) The Old Man
9. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
10. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
11. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
(a) The bombing
(b) The wolves
(c) The child crying
(d) The music
12. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
13. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
14. Who is now occupying the town in which Elisha and his parents once resided?
15. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
2. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
3. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
4. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
5. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)