|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
2. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Forget your family
(b) Forget your past
(c) Listen to the Old Man
(d) Hate your enemy
3. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
4. Who is now occupying the town in which Elisha and his parents once resided?
5. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(b) English uniforms
6. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
(b) His soul
(c) His prayers
7. The radio announcer says that the _____________ is responsible for the death of David ben Moshe.
(a) US government
(b) German government
(c) British government
8. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(c) Hard job
(d) Soft job
9. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
10. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
(c) Flea market
(d) Outside his home
11. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
12. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
(a) The child crying
(b) The wolves
(c) The bombing
(d) The music
13. At the end of his first raid, Elisha feels __________ as he finds himself in the same position as the SS guards.
14. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
15. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Math professor
(c) Language professor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
2. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
3. What is NOT one of the ways mentioned that might be considered 'any means necessary' in the goal of the Movement?
4. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
5. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)