|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Are you afraid of the dark?
(b) What are your desires?
(c) Do you know God?
(d) Who do you serve?
2. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
3. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
4. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
5. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) His father's
(b) His own
(c) The rabbi's
(d) The beggar's
6. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
7. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
8. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
9. Gad talks to Elisha about realizing the age old Jewish dream of an independent ____________.
10. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(c) Hard job
(d) Soft job
11. Elisha's goal is to enroll in a ___________ course at the Sorbonne school.
12. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
13. ____________ inspires all Jewish men, woman and children during her radio program.
14. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
15. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Trade embargos
(b) Miliatry government
(c) Bombing of Palestine
(d) 48 hour curfew
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
2. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
3. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
4. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
5. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)