|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
(a) John Dawson
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) Old Man
2. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(c) The Old Man
3. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
4. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(c) English uniforms
5. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
6. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Math professor
(c) Language professor
7. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Scream for help
(b) Shoot a captain
(c) Change a tire
(d) Hide David
8. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
9. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
(a) The child crying
(b) The bombing
(c) The wolves
(d) The music
10. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
11. When Gad offers to give Elisha a ____________, Elisha sees Gad as a Meshulah.
12. The Jews now go out and _______, just like everyone else, to assert their rights to live as men.
(c) Stand tall
13. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(b) Hard job
(c) Soft job
14. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
15. The goal of the Movement is simple: to get the ___________ out by any means necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
2. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
3. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
4. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
5. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)