|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
(b) Outside his home
(c) Flea market
2. For six weeks, recruits are taught by ____________ instructors on how to use various kinds of weapons.
3. Whose name has been on everyone's lips within the media, upsetting the Old Man?
(c) John Dawson
(d) David ben Moshe
4. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
5. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
6. The goal of the Movement is simple: to get the ___________ out by any means necessary.
7. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
8. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
9. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Who do you serve?
(b) Are you afraid of the dark?
(c) What are your desires?
(d) Do you know God?
10. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) His father
(b) Old beggar
(c) His mother
(d) Old Man
11. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A speedy trial
(b) The death
(c) A pardon
(d) A stayed execution
12. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
13. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
14. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
15. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) John Dawson
(c) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
2. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
3. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
4. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
5. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)