|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
2. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Forget your past
(b) Forget your family
(c) Listen to the Old Man
(d) Hate your enemy
3. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
4. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
5. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Math professor
(c) Language professor
6. For six weeks, recruits are taught by ____________ instructors on how to use various kinds of weapons.
7. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
8. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
9. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
10. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
11. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
12. The Jews now go out and _______, just like everyone else, to assert their rights to live as men.
(c) Stand tall
13. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
(c) David ben Moshe
14. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
15. Who is now occupying the town in which Elisha and his parents once resided?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Dawson being kept in the two-story building as he is a hostage?
2. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
3. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
4. Elisha seeks to explore questions such as why he was ___________, where God is to be found, etc.
5. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)