|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
2. The radio announcer says that the _____________ is responsible for the death of David ben Moshe.
(a) German government
(b) British government
(d) US government
3. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
4. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
(a) David ben Moshe
(c) Old Man
(d) John Dawson
5. When Gad offers to give Elisha a ____________, Elisha sees Gad as a Meshulah.
6. What does Gad do incessantly as he talked to Elisha about his ideas of the world?
7. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Language professor
(d) Math professor
8. Elisha's previous idea about killing others included: If you kill, then you're taking on the function of _________.
(c) Death harbinger
9. The Old Man cries because in his eyes, the ____________ are not yet free from fear and victim mentality.
10. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
11. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
(a) Thou shalt not have no other Gods but me
(b) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor
(c) Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain
(d) Thou shalt not kill
12. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
(b) Old Man
13. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
14. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
15. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
2. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
3. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
4. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
5. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)