|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Math professor
(c) Language professor
2. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
(a) Thou shalt not kill
(b) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor
(c) Thou shalt not have no other Gods but me
(d) Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain
3. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
4. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Scream for help
(b) Change a tire
(c) Shoot a captain
(d) Hide David
5. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
(c) David ben Moshe
6. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
7. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
8. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Trade embargos
(b) 48 hour curfew
(c) Miliatry government
(d) Bombing of Palestine
9. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
10. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
11. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Are you afraid of the dark?
(b) What are your desires?
(c) Do you know God?
(d) Who do you serve?
12. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
13. ____________ inspires all Jewish men, woman and children during her radio program.
14. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
15. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha seeks to explore questions such as why he was ___________, where God is to be found, etc.
2. Elisha believes it is necessary to kill in order to change his people's ____________.
3. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
4. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
5. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)