|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
2. The goal of the Movement is simple: to get the ___________ out by any means necessary.
3. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
4. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(c) English uniforms
5. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
6. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
7. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
8. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
9. When Gad offers to give Elisha a ____________, Elisha sees Gad as a Meshulah.
10. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
11. Which side of the English vs. Palestinian conflict has probably had more casualties?
(d) Depends on who you ask
12. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
13. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
(c) Younger people
14. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(a) Language professor
(d) Math professor
15. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
(a) Military convoy
(b) Army Captain
(c) Lone tank
(d) Supply bus
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
2. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
3. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
4. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
5. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)