|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gad talks to Elisha about realizing the age old Jewish dream of an independent ____________.
2. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
3. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) Ilana Porzikov
(c) John Dawson
(d) Elisha de Leon
4. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
5. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(c) The Old Man
6. Elisha's previous idea about killing others included: If you kill, then you're taking on the function of _________.
(d) Death harbinger
7. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
8. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
9. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
(c) Flea market
(d) Outside his home
10. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Do you know God?
(b) Who do you serve?
(c) What are your desires?
(d) Are you afraid of the dark?
11. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
12. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
13. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
14. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
15. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
Short Answer Questions
1. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
2. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
3. Elisha believes it is necessary to kill in order to change his people's ____________.
4. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
5. What are the people who come to the house actually learning about instead of traditional lessons?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)