|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
2. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
3. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(c) The Old Man
4. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
5. When Gad offers to give Elisha a ____________, Elisha sees Gad as a Meshulah.
6. The radio announcer says that the _____________ is responsible for the death of David ben Moshe.
(a) US government
(b) British government
(c) German government
7. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
8. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
(a) Ilana Porzikov
(b) Elisha de Leon
(c) John Dawson
(d) David ben Moshe
9. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
10. What are the people who come to the house actually learning about instead of traditional lessons?
(a) How to protest
(d) Terrorist techniques
11. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
(a) John Dawson
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) Old Man
12. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
13. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
14. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
15. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
(a) Messenger of fate
(b) Bringer of Doom
(d) Leader of the World
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
2. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
3. ____________ inspires all Jewish men, woman and children during her radio program.
4. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
5. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)