|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
2. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Trade embargos
(b) Miliatry government
(c) 48 hour curfew
(d) Bombing of Palestine
3. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Are you afraid of the dark?
(b) What are your desires?
(c) Do you know God?
(d) Who do you serve?
4. Elisha's previous idea about killing others included: If you kill, then you're taking on the function of _________.
(b) Death harbinger
5. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(b) The Old Man
6. Who is the other soldier who is killed during the skirmish which takes place when David is taken prisoner?
7. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Hide David
(b) Change a tire
(c) Scream for help
(d) Shoot a captain
8. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(c) English uniforms
9. What kind of job is taking place when David ben Moshe is wounded and captured by the English?
(b) Hard job
(d) Soft job
10. Which side of the English vs. Palestinian conflict has probably had more casualties?
(a) Depends on who you ask
11. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
12. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
13. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
14. From what concentration camp did Elisha come during the events of World War II?
(b) Bergen Belsen
(c) Auschwitz II
15. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
2. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
3. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
4. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
5. Elisha's goal is to enroll in a ___________ course at the Sorbonne school.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)