|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
(d) Old Man
2. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
3. Where is John Dawson being kept in the two-story building as he is a hostage?
4. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
5. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
6. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
7. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
8. ____________ inspires all Jewish men, woman and children during her radio program.
9. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
10. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
11. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
(a) His prayers
(d) His soul
12. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
13. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
14. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
(a) Elisha de Leon
(b) John Dawson
(c) Ilana Porzikov
(d) David ben Moshe
15. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
Short Answer Questions
1. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
2. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
3. Who is the other soldier who is killed during the skirmish which takes place when David is taken prisoner?
4. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
5. Elisha believes it is necessary to kill in order to change his people's ____________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)