|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
2. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
3. Where is John Dawson being kept in the two-story building as he is a hostage?
4. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) John Dawson
(b) Terrence Smith
(c) David ben Moshe
(d) Richard Morton
5. Elisha seeks to explore questions such as why he was ___________, where God is to be found, etc.
6. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
(a) His prayers
(d) His soul
7. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
8. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) His father's
(b) His own
(c) The rabbi's
(d) The beggar's
9. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
10. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
11. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A stayed execution
(b) The death
(c) A speedy trial
(d) A pardon
12. What does Gad do incessantly as he talked to Elisha about his ideas of the world?
13. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
14. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Are you afraid of the dark?
(b) Who do you serve?
(c) What are your desires?
(d) Do you know God?
15. What is NOT one of the ways mentioned that might be considered 'any means necessary' in the goal of the Movement?
(b) Sudden death
Short Answer Questions
1. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
2. Elisha believes it is necessary to kill in order to change his people's ____________.
3. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
4. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
5. The Old Man cries because in his eyes, the ____________ are not yet free from fear and victim mentality.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)