|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
2. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
3. Where is John Dawson being kept in the two-story building as he is a hostage?
4. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) The rabbi's
(b) The beggar's
(c) His father's
(d) His own
5. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
(a) He hates him
(b) He is an Englishman
(c) He is a traitor to their cause
(d) He has 2 girls
6. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
7. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
8. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
(b) David ben Moshe
9. Elisha seeks to explore questions such as why he was ___________, where God is to be found, etc.
10. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
11. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
12. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Change a tire
(b) Shoot a captain
(c) Hide David
(d) Scream for help
13. Elisha believes it is necessary to kill in order to change his people's ____________.
14. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
15. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) Old beggar
(d) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
2. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
3. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
4. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
5. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)