|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
2. Where is John Dawson being kept in the two-story building as he is a hostage?
3. The first mission of Elisha was to attack a _______________ on the road between Haifa and Tel Aviv.
(a) Military convoy
(b) Supply bus
(c) Army Captain
(d) Lone tank
4. How old is Elisha when the story begins?
5. Whose name has been on everyone's lips within the media, upsetting the Old Man?
(a) John Dawson
(c) David ben Moshe
6. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
7. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) His father's
(b) His own
(c) The rabbi's
(d) The beggar's
8. Who is now occupying the town in which Elisha and his parents once resided?
9. ____________ seems indifferent to the idea of a man dying for no reason.
10. Ilana's broadcasts are a product of the _______________, the men find out.
(a) Old Man
11. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
12. What is a Meshulah, or the person that Elisha sees Gad during his time with Elisha?
(a) Messenger of fate
(b) Bringer of Doom
(c) Leader of the World
13. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A pardon
(b) A speedy trial
(c) A stayed execution
(d) The death
14. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
(b) David ben Moshe
15. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
Short Answer Questions
1. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
2. What does Gad do incessantly as he talked to Elisha about his ideas of the world?
3. Elisha's previous idea about killing others included: If you kill, then you're taking on the function of _________.
4. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
5. What are the people who come to the house actually learning about instead of traditional lessons?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)