|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commandment that the Jews have tried to live by, though they have suffered in the process?
(a) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor
(b) Thou shalt not have no other Gods but me
(c) Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain
(d) Thou shalt not kill
2. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
3. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) 48 hour curfew
(b) Trade embargos
(c) Bombing of Palestine
(d) Miliatry government
4. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
(a) His soul
(c) His prayers
5. What sound finally disappears from the outside, according to the book?
(a) The bombing
(b) The music
(c) The wolves
(d) The child crying
6. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
7. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
8. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
9. Elisha's previous idea about killing others included: If you kill, then you're taking on the function of _________.
(b) Death harbinger
10. The Jews now go out and _______, just like everyone else, to assert their rights to live as men.
(c) Stand tall
11. Who did Ilana see cry, something which moves Elisha when he hears about it?
(a) John Dawson
(b) Old Man
(c) David ben Moshe
12. Which side of the English vs. Palestinian conflict has probably had more casualties?
(d) Depends on who you ask
13. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
14. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(d) English uniforms
15. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man cries because in his eyes, the ____________ are not yet free from fear and victim mentality.
2. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
3. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
4. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
5. The Movement's objective is to kill the greatest number of __________ possible.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)