|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Math professor
(d) Language professor
2. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
3. Gad and David are childhood friends who entered the __________ together.
4. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
5. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Hide David
(b) Shoot a captain
(c) Scream for help
(d) Change a tire
6. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Miliatry government
(b) 48 hour curfew
(c) Trade embargos
(d) Bombing of Palestine
7. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A pardon
(b) A stayed execution
(c) A speedy trial
(d) The death
8. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
9. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
10. At the end of his first raid, Elisha feels __________ as he finds himself in the same position as the SS guards.
11. Who is now occupying the town in which Elisha and his parents once resided?
12. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
13. What is NOT one of the ways mentioned that might be considered 'any means necessary' in the goal of the Movement?
(b) Sudden death
14. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
15. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) Old beggar
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
2. What does Gad do incessantly as he talked to Elisha about his ideas of the world?
3. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
4. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
5. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)