|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
2. At the end of his first raid, Elisha feels __________ as he finds himself in the same position as the SS guards.
3. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
4. What does Gad do during the fateful mission which allows them to get away?
(a) Change a tire
(b) Scream for help
(c) Hide David
(d) Shoot a captain
5. How many people came along on the first raid in which Elisha participated?
6. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
7. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
8. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
9. Ilana's broadcasts are a product of the _______________, the men find out.
(a) Old Man
10. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
(a) John Dawson
(c) David ben Moshe
(d) Old Man
11. Who is the other soldier who is killed during the skirmish which takes place when David is taken prisoner?
12. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
(d) Old Man
13. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Hate your enemy
(b) Listen to the Old Man
(c) Forget your family
(d) Forget your past
14. To Elisha, ______________ was more of a sacred ideal than an actual place or a political slogan to them.
15. What does Gad do incessantly as he talked to Elisha about his ideas of the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
2. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
3. Where does Elisha decide to go after he is granted asylum in their country?
4. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
5. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)