|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
2. All around the world, _____________ is treated as a hero for the situation he is in.
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) John Dawson
(d) Old Man
3. What are the people who come to the house actually learning about instead of traditional lessons?
(c) How to protest
(d) Terrorist techniques
4. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Trade embargos
(b) 48 hour curfew
(c) Bombing of Palestine
(d) Miliatry government
5. Who owns the house that houses John Dawson as he is being hidden away from the English?
(b) Math professor
(c) Language professor
6. The goal of the Movement is simple: to get the ___________ out by any means necessary.
7. For two hours each day, ____________ indoctrinates the recruits with the Movement's ideology.
8. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
9. The fighters in the Movement have been attacking under the cover of __________, taking the English by surprise.
(c) English uniforms
10. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
11. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
12. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) Terrence Smith
(b) Richard Morton
(c) John Dawson
(d) David ben Moshe
13. ____________ inspires all Jewish men, woman and children during her radio program.
14. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
(a) Who do you serve?
(b) Are you afraid of the dark?
(c) What are your desires?
(d) Do you know God?
15. The house is a convenient choice as the comings and goings of ___________ seems to be reasonable activity.
(a) Younger people
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tel Aviv, all of the people are afraid of mass _______________, and all newspapers appeal for the Dawson execution to be called off.
2. For six weeks, recruits are taught by ____________ instructors on how to use various kinds of weapons.
3. What is the dialogue that leads Elisha to believe Gad is a powerful person? E: Who are you? G: I am a __________________.
4. The woman of #52 talks about David ben Moshe's death as being ___________.
5. For generations, the Jewish people have suffered quietly, trying to abide by the ___________ commandment.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)