Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Elisha has to kill a man the next day.
* An hour before, Gad relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha.
* A month before, David ben Moshe had been captured as a fighter in the Movement.
* Captain John Dawson has also been captured.
* The Movement is successful in keeping the English army prisoners...
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)