|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
2. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
3. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
4. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
5. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Agnes and Dora. How are their relationships with David similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
How is physical beauty used to correspond to moral good in this novel? Which characters demonstrate the use of this motif?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "David Copperfield"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)