|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taken to Mrs. Steerforth in Chapter 56?
2. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
3. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
4. To what does David attribute all of his good fortune?
5. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways can Miss Betsey be seen as a hero in the novel? Who does she save, and how?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is the motif of mothers and mother figures used in "David Copperfield"? Which characters act in this type of position, and how do they affect the novel and the other characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How would the story be different if David's mother had lived?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)