|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
2. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
3. Who senses the unhappiness of Dr. and Mrs. Strong in Chapter 45 and wants to help?
4. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
5. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
2. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
3. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
4. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
5. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
6. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
7. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
8. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
9. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
10. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways can Miss Betsey be seen as a hero in the novel? Who does she save, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Dickens published this novel in twenty installments. How does this structure affect the way in which the story is told?
Essay Topic 3
How is physical beauty used to correspond to moral good in this novel? Which characters demonstrate the use of this motif?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)