|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
2. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
3. Who does Mr. Micawber present evidence against in Chapter 52?
4. What is taken to Mrs. Steerforth in Chapter 56?
5. What revives David in Chapter 58?
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class play in "David Copperfield"? What different classes are represented, and by which characters?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is the motif of mothers and mother figures used in "David Copperfield"? Which characters act in this type of position, and how do they affect the novel and the other characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)