|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David receive a letter from with an invitation to visit in Chapter 61?
2. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
3. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
4. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
5. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
2. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
3. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
4. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
5. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
6. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
7. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
8. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
9. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
10. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would the story be different if David's mother had lived?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "David Copperfield"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
Dickens published this novel in twenty installments. How does this structure affect the way in which the story is told?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)