|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
2. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
3. Why does Dora faint?
4. Who permits David to see Dora in Chapter 41?
5. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
2. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
3. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
4. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
5. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
6. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
7. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
8. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
9. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
10. What does David learn about Traddles when he returns to London in Chapter 59?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (abuse of the weak, marriage equality, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the different characters?
Essay Topic 3
How does David and Agnes' friendship affect the story?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)