|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
2. What revives David in Chapter 58?
3. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
4. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
5. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
2. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
3. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
4. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
5. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
6. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
7. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
8. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
9. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
10. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols(the sea, flowers, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How does David and Agnes' friendship affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class play in "David Copperfield"? What different classes are represented, and by which characters?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)