|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays David from delivering a letter to Emily from Ham?
2. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
3. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
4. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
5. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
Essay Topic 1
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class play in "David Copperfield"? What different classes are represented, and by which characters?
Essay Topic 3
Dickens published this novel in twenty installments. How does this structure affect the way in which the story is told?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)