Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
2. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
3. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
4. What does Miss Betsey explain to David in Chapter 47?
5. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
Essay Topic 1
How is physical beauty used to correspond to moral good in this novel? Which characters demonstrate the use of this motif?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (abuse of the weak, marriage equality, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the different characters?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols(the sea, flowers, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)