|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
2. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
3. What revives David in Chapter 58?
4. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
5. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
3. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
4. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
5. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
6. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
7. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
8. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
9. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
10. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and Steerforth.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways can Miss Betsey be seen as a hero in the novel? Who does she save, and how?
Essay Topic 3
How does David change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)