|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will this secret meeting occur?
2. What happens when Steerforth decides that he is done with Emily and suggests she marry Littimer?
3. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
4. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
5. What happens after David and Agnes discuss their feelings for one another?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
2. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
3. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
4. What does David learn about Traddles when he returns to London in Chapter 59?
5. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
6. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
7. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
8. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
9. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
10. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is physical beauty used to correspond to moral good in this novel? Which characters demonstrate the use of this motif?
Essay Topic 2
How does David and Agnes' friendship affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and Steerforth.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)