|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
2. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
3. What does David learn when he visits Dr. Strong?
4. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
5. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
2. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
3. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
4. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
5. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
6. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
7. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
8. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
9. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
10. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "David Copperfield"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)