|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
2. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
3. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
4. Who does Mr. Micawber present evidence against in Chapter 52?
5. Who hits Uriah Heep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
3. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
4. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
5. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
6. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
7. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
8. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
9. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
10. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does David change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "David Copperfield"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols(the sea, flowers, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)