|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
2. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
3. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
4. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
5. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
2. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
3. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
4. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
5. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
6. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
7. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
8. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
9. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
10. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and Steerforth.
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class play in "David Copperfield"? What different classes are represented, and by which characters?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)