|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
2. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
3. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
4. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
5. What does Peggotty object to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
2. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
3. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
4. What does David learn about Traddles when he returns to London in Chapter 59?
5. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
6. How does Steerforth spend his time in Yarmouth in Chapter 22?
7. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
8. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
9. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
10. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols(the sea, flowers, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class play in "David Copperfield"? What different classes are represented, and by which characters?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)