|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
2. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
3. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
4. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
5. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
2. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
3. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
4. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
5. How does Littimer make David feel?
6. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
7. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
8. Why does David's mother die, and how/when does David find out?
9. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
10. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "David Copperfield"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How does David change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3
How does David and Agnes' friendship affect the story?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)