Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
2. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
3. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
4. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
5. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
2. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
3. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
4. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
5. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
6. What happens when David arrives at Salem House?
7. How does Steerforth spend his time in Yarmouth in Chapter 22?
8. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
9. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
10. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
In what ways is the motif of mothers and mother figures used in "David Copperfield"? Which characters act in this type of position, and how do they affect the novel and the other characters in the novel?
How does David change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Dickens published this novel in twenty installments. How does this structure affect the way in which the story is told?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)