|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
2. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
3. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
4. Who begins to court David's mother?
5. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
2. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
3. Before David leaves Canterbury, what does Agnes tell him?
4. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
5. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
6. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
7. Describe the scene of David's birth.
8. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
9. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
10. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 2
How is physical beauty used to correspond to moral good in this novel? Which characters demonstrate the use of this motif?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and Steerforth.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)