|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
2. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
3. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
4. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
5. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
2. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
3. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
4. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
5. Describe David's job at Murdstones and Grindy.
6. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
7. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
8. Describe the scene of David's birth.
9. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
10. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and Steerforth.
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if David's mother had lived?
Essay Topic 3
How is speech used to indicate social class in "David Copperfield"? Providing specific examples from the text, which characters are evidence of this motif? What social classes are represented by differences in speech?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)