|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David find the London school closed?
2. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
3. What does Peggotty object to?
4. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
5. Who does David have tea with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
2. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
3. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
4. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
5. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
6. Before David leaves Canterbury, what does Agnes tell him?
7. How does Littimer make David feel?
8. Why does David's mother die, and how/when does David find out?
9. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
10. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class play in "David Copperfield"? What different classes are represented, and by which characters?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of wealth in this novel? What events are driven by wealth and poverty? How are characters viewed based on their pecuniary successes?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)