|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
3. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
4. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
5. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
2. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
3. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
4. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
5. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
6. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
7. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
8. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
9. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
10. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is David Copperfield a self-portrait of Charles Dickens? Use textual evidence and biographical support to argue your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
How does David and Agnes' friendship affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)