|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suddenly arrives in Chapter 63?
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Peggotty.
2. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Dick.
3. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
(a) His jealousy of David.
(b) His intentions to marry Agnes.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He has eloped with Agnes.
4. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She does not stop communicating with David.
(b) She marries someone else.
(c) She does not want to hurt her father.
(d) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
5. Who permits David to see Dora in Chapter 41?
(a) Her aunts.
(c) Dora's friend.
(d) Mr. Spenlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
2. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
3. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
4. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
5. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
2. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
3. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
4. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
5. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
6. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
7. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
8. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
9. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
10. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)