|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(b) Dies of shock.
(c) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
(d) Congratulates them.
2. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His family and friends.
(b) His love.
(c) His thoughts and feelings.
(d) His money.
3. How does David feel about his relationship with Dora?
(d) He has no relationship with Dora.
4. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(d) Her aunt.
5. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
(a) Sue Uriah Heep.
(b) Move to Australia.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Pay the passage for the Micawbers to move to Australia and start a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
2. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
3. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
4. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
5. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
2. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
3. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
4. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
5. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
6. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
7. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
8. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
9. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
10. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)