|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
(a) Dora is unable to get pregnant.
(b) David loves Agnes.
(c) Dora loves Steerforth.
(d) Dora's inability to do anything practical.
2. What is Mr. Micawber's position in Australia?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is in jail for debt again.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He has been elected to a local government office.
3. Where will this secret meeting occur?
(b) In front of the Debtor's Prison.
4. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
(a) Emily does not appear in Chapter 51.
(b) Emily runs away from Mr. Peggotty.
(c) Emily shares her story about what has happened since she ran away.
(d) Emily reveals that she is pregnant.
5. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
2. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
3. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
4. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
5. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)