|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives a letter from Mrs. Micawber detailing Mr. Micawber's violent and secretive behavior?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Dick.
2. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
3. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His family and friends.
(b) His love.
(c) His thoughts and feelings.
(d) His money.
4. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
(a) By beginning a literary career.
(b) By blackmailing Uriah Heep.
(c) By blackmailing Jack Maldon.
(d) By marrying Dora.
5. What worries Agnes in Chapter 35?
(a) Uriah Heep's influence over her father.
(b) David's drunken behavior.
(c) David's love for Dora.
(d) Her pending wedding to Uriah Heep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
2. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
3. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
4. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
5. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
2. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
3. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
4. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
5. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
6. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
7. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
8. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
9. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
10. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)