|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles meet in Chapter 52?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Uriah Heep.
2. Who permits David to see Dora in Chapter 41?
(a) Her aunts.
(b) Mr. Spenlow.
(d) Dora's friend.
3. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Ten years later.
4. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His thoughts and feelings.
(b) His money.
(c) His love.
(d) His family and friends.
5. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
(a) The same man that was bothering her in London.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
2. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
3. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
4. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
5. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
2. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
3. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
4. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
5. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
6. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
7. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
8. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
9. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
10. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)