|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Find a new wife.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Travel abroad.
2. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
(a) She is in love with Mr. Dick.
(b) She is going to marry Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Her husband has truly died.
(d) She is proud of him.
3. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Give up on Dora.
(c) Move to Australia.
(d) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
4. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
(a) Because she hates her husband.
(b) Because she is tired of living.
(c) Because she misses her father.
(d) Because David still loves her, whereas in ten years he would grow bitter because she will never improve and become a better wife.
5. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
2. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
3. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
4. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
5. What is David unable to share with Dora?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
2. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
3. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
4. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
5. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
6. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
7. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
8. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
9. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
10. What does David learn about Traddles when he returns to London in Chapter 59?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)