|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David receive a letter from with an invitation to visit in Chapter 61?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
(a) He is scared that she will return his feelings.
(b) He decides that he does not love her.
(c) He does tell her that he loves her.
(d) He feels he must sacrifice his love in order to preserve their friendship.
3. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
(a) Marrying for money is intelligent.
(b) Two people with different outlooks on life can never be happily married.
(c) Dora is cheating on David.
(d) Mrs. Strong is in love with David.
4. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) She divorces him.
(b) Her thinking is worsened.
(c) Her thinking is improved.
(d) She gets mad at him.
5. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is completely better.
(b) Little hope of recovery.
(c) Dora is dead.
(d) Much better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David unable to share with Dora?
2. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
3. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
4. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
5. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
2. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
3. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
4. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
5. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
6. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
7. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
8. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
9. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
10. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)