|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delays David from delivering a letter to Emily from Ham?
(a) A terrible sea storm.
(b) An illness.
(c) A broken down horse.
(d) A robbery.
2. What is Mr. Micawber's position in Australia?
(a) He has been elected to a local government office.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is in jail for debt again.
(d) He is a writer.
3. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
(b) She does not want to hurt her father.
(c) She marries someone else.
(d) She does not stop communicating with David.
4. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His money.
(b) His family and friends.
(c) His love.
(d) His thoughts and feelings.
5. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mrs. Heep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
2. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
3. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
4. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
5. How does David feel he must act due to his financial status in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
2. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
3. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
4. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
5. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
6. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
7. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
8. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
9. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
10. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)