|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Miss Betsey.
2. Where does Maldon invite Mrs. Strong in Chapter 36?
(a) The beach.
(c) The opera.
3. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
4. Who permits David to see Dora in Chapter 41?
(b) Her aunts.
(c) Dora's friend.
(d) Mr. Spenlow.
5. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) Her thinking is improved.
(b) Her thinking is worsened.
(c) She gets mad at him.
(d) She divorces him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
2. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
3. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
4. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
5. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
2. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
3. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
4. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
5. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
6. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
7. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
8. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
9. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
10. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)