|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
(a) His intentions to marry Agnes.
(b) He has eloped with Agnes.
(c) He is poor.
(d) His jealousy of David.
2. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) She gets mad at him.
(b) Her thinking is worsened.
(c) She divorces him.
(d) Her thinking is improved.
3. How does David feel about his relationship with Dora?
(c) He has no relationship with Dora.
4. What revives David in Chapter 58?
(a) A letter from Agnes.
(b) Finding Dora's wedding ring.
(c) Running into Traddles.
(d) A glass of cold water.
5. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
2. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
3. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
4. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
5. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
2. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
3. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
4. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
5. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
6. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
7. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
8. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
9. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
10. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)