|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
(b) Rosa Dartle.
2. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Dora tells him.
(b) David tells him.
(c) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
(d) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
3. How does David feel he must act due to his financial status in Chapter 35?
(a) Move to America.
(b) Resign from his apprenticeship and tell Dora that he is poor.
(c) Marry a rich woman for her money.
(d) Stop associating with his aunt.
4. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She marries someone else.
(b) She does not want to hurt her father.
(c) She does not stop communicating with David.
(d) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
5. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Uriah Heep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
2. Where will this secret meeting occur?
3. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
4. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
5. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
2. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
3. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
4. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
5. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
6. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
7. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
8. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
9. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
10. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)