|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does David attribute all of his good fortune?
(c) Miss Betsey.
2. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
(a) Two days.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Several years.
(d) Five months.
3. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
(a) An apprenticeship.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A new horse.
(d) An engagement ring.
4. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(b) Accept being poor.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Write books.
5. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
(a) Mr. Peggotty and Emily.
(b) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(c) David and Agnes.
(d) The Micawbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
2. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
3. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
4. What is David unable to share with Dora?
5. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
2. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
3. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
4. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
5. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
6. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
7. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
8. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
9. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
10. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)