|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(a) Rosa Dartle.
2. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
(a) That he wishes they would stay.
(b) His love for Agnes.
(c) How much he misses Dora.
(d) Ham and Steerforth's deaths.
3. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
(a) He takes orders and becomes a member of the clergy.
(b) He returns to school to become a lawyer.
(c) He publishes his first novel, and it is very successful.
(d) He gives up on having a career.
4. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
(a) Her aunt.
(c) Miss Betsey.
5. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
2. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
3. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
4. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
5. Who travels with the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily in Chapter 57?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
2. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
3. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
4. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
5. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
6. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
7. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
8. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
9. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
10. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)