|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
2. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
3. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She confesses that she has always loved him.
(b) She says that they are better off as friends.
(c) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(d) She slaps him.
4. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
5. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
2. What worries Agnes in Chapter 35?
3. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
4. Where does Maldon invite Mrs. Strong in Chapter 36?
5. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
2. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
3. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
4. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
5. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
6. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
7. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
8. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
9. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
10. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)