|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
2. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
(a) David tells her.
(b) In a newspaper.
(c) Ham's mother writes her a letter.
(d) The captain of the ship on the way to Australia tells her.
3. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(b) Accept being poor.
(c) Write books.
(d) Build houses.
4. What does Miss Betsey explain to David in Chapter 47?
(a) She explains that the man is her son that she renounced for marrying an unworthy woman.
(b) She does not explain anything.
(c) She explains that the man is her husband that everyone believes is dead who betrayed her and appears occasionally to demand money.
(d) She explains that the man knows a deep secret and is blackmailing her.
5. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Uriah Heep?
2. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
3. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
4. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
5. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)