|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(b) Write books.
(c) Accept being poor.
(d) Build houses.
2. Who travels with the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily in Chapter 57?
(a) Miss Betsey.
3. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Give up on Dora.
(c) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(d) Move to Australia.
4. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
(a) By beginning a literary career.
(b) By blackmailing Jack Maldon.
(c) By blackmailing Uriah Heep.
(d) By marrying Dora.
5. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
(a) Because she is tired of living.
(b) Because she hates her husband.
(c) Because she misses her father.
(d) Because David still loves her, whereas in ten years he would grow bitter because she will never improve and become a better wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
2. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
3. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
4. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
5. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
2. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
3. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
4. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
5. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
6. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
7. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
8. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
9. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
10. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)