|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
(a) Ham and Steerforth's deaths.
(b) How much he misses Dora.
(c) His love for Agnes.
(d) That he wishes they would stay.
2. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
(a) Five months.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Two days.
(d) Several years.
3. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
4. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
(a) He has eloped with Agnes.
(b) His intentions to marry Agnes.
(c) He is poor.
(d) His jealousy of David.
5. What does David learn about Mr. Murdstone in Chapter 59?
(a) That he has died.
(b) That he wants to apologize to David for his past cruelty.
(c) That he has succeeded in crushing his second wife's spirit.
(d) That he has many children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
2. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
3. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
4. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
5. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)