|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delays David from delivering a letter to Emily from Ham?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A broken down horse.
(c) A terrible sea storm.
(d) An illness.
2. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
3. What happens after David and Agnes discuss their feelings for one another?
(a) They part ways forever.
(b) They marry quickly.
(c) Agnes marries another man.
(d) They never discuss their feelings for one another.
4. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
(a) With Miss Betsey in Dover.
(b) In a rented room in London.
(c) In a hotel in Canterbury.
(d) In a cottage in Yarmouth.
5. Where will this secret meeting occur?
(c) In front of the Debtor's Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
2. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
3. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
4. What does David learn when he visits Dr. Strong?
5. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
2. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
3. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
4. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
5. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
6. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
7. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
8. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
9. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking?
10. What does David learn about Traddles when he returns to London in Chapter 59?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)