|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles meet in Chapter 52?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
(b) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
(c) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
(d) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
3. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) Her husband has truly died.
(c) She is going to marry Mr. Wickfield.
(d) She is in love with Mr. Dick.
4. Who senses the unhappiness of Dr. and Mrs. Strong in Chapter 45 and wants to help?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Jack Maldon.
5. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
(a) His intentions to marry Agnes.
(b) His jealousy of David.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He has eloped with Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Agnes in Chapter 35?
2. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
3. What does David learn about Mr. Murdstone in Chapter 59?
4. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
5. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
2. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
3. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
4. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
5. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
6. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
7. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
8. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
9. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
10. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)