|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
(b) Miss Betsey.
(d) Her aunt.
2. What happens when Steerforth decides that he is done with Emily and suggests she marry Littimer?
(a) She refuses and runs away.
(b) She marries Littimer.
(c) Littimer refuses and returns to Steerforth's house.
(d) Steerforth slaps her.
3. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(b) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(c) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(d) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
4. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
(b) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
(c) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
(d) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
5. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(b) That Dora is ugly.
(c) That he loves another woman.
(d) That Dora loves another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
2. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
3. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
4. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
5. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
2. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
3. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
4. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
5. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
6. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
7. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
8. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
9. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
10. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)