|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(b) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(c) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
(d) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
2. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
(a) Because David still loves her, whereas in ten years he would grow bitter because she will never improve and become a better wife.
(b) Because she misses her father.
(c) Because she hates her husband.
(d) Because she is tired of living.
3. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
4. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
(a) Five months.
(b) Several years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Two days.
5. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
2. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
3. Where does David first return after his travels abroad?
4. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
5. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
2. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
3. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
4. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
5. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
6. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
7. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
8. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
9. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
10. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)