|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
(a) David marries Dora.
(b) Miss Betsey renounces David.
(c) Dora dies.
(d) Steerforth reappears.
2. What is taken to Mrs. Steerforth in Chapter 56?
(a) David's well wishes.
(b) Steerforth's will.
(c) Steerforth's body.
(d) Miss Betsey's consolations.
3. Where does Maldon invite Mrs. Strong in Chapter 36?
(b) The beach.
(c) The opera.
4. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Much better.
(b) Dora is completely better.
(c) Little hope of recovery.
(d) Dora is dead.
5. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Several years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
2. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
3. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
4. Where will this secret meeting occur?
5. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
2. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
3. Why does Mr. Creakle write to David in Chapter 61?
4. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
5. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
6. Describe Emily's adventures after leaving home.
7. What does Mrs. Micawber tell David in Chapter 49?
8. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
9. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
10. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)