|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dora faint?
(a) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(b) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(c) She is sick.
(d) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
2. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
(a) Saving for a house.
(b) Buying an engagement ring for Agnes.
(c) His will.
(d) Finishing a book.
3. Where does David first return after his travels abroad?
4. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is dead.
(b) Little hope of recovery.
(c) Much better.
(d) Dora is completely better.
5. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
2. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
3. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
4. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
5. What does David learn about Mr. Murdstone in Chapter 59?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)