|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His love.
(b) His thoughts and feelings.
(c) His money.
(d) His family and friends.
2. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Dr. Strong.
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(d) Jack Maldon.
3. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
(a) Emily does not appear in Chapter 51.
(b) Emily shares her story about what has happened since she ran away.
(c) Emily runs away from Mr. Peggotty.
(d) Emily reveals that she is pregnant.
4. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
(c) Miss Dartle.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
5. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Find a new wife.
(d) Write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
2. Why does Dora faint?
3. Who do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles meet in Chapter 52?
4. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
5. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
2. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
3. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
4. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
5. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
6. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
7. In Chapter 43, how does David prepare to marry Dora?
8. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
9. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
10. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)