|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
(a) He does tell her that he loves her.
(b) He is scared that she will return his feelings.
(c) He decides that he does not love her.
(d) He feels he must sacrifice his love in order to preserve their friendship.
2. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Dora tells him.
(b) David tells him.
(c) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
(d) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
3. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(b) Give up on Dora.
(c) Move to Australia.
(d) Work harder.
4. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
5. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
(a) Rosa Dartle.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn when he visits Dr. Strong?
2. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
3. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
4. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
5. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David confronts Agnes in Chapter 62?
2. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
3. What happens when David sees Ham in Chapter 55?
4. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
5. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
6. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
7. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
8. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
9. What does David do when he returns home in Chapter 40?
10. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)