|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
2. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
(a) That he truly loves Agnes.
(b) That he hates his job.
(c) That Mr. Murdstone was not a bad stepfather.
(d) That he wants to die.
3. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
(b) The two women hate each other.
(c) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
(d) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
4. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His thoughts and feelings.
(b) His money.
(c) His family and friends.
(d) His love.
5. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Accept being poor.
(b) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel he must act due to his financial status in Chapter 35?
2. Who hits Uriah Heep?
3. What happens when Steerforth decides that he is done with Emily and suggests she marry Littimer?
4. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
5. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Peggotty reunited with Emily?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
3. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
4. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
5. Why does David travel, and where does he go?
6. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
7. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
8. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
9. What does Littimer tell David in Chapter 46?
10. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)