|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Emily's pregnancy.
(b) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
(c) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
(d) Miss Betsey's death.
2. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Copperfield.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
3. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She tells him that she loves him.
(b) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(c) She cries herself to sleep.
(d) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
4. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
5. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
(a) That Dora is going to visit her in London and he is welcome to visit as well.
(b) That Dora is getting married to Steerforth.
(c) That David has no chance with Dora so he should just leave her alone.
(d) That Dora is going to become a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
2. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
3. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
4. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
5. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
2. How does Littimer make David feel?
3. Describe the scene of David's birth.
4. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
5. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
6. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
7. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
8. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
9. What do you think about Miss Betsey's conversation with the Murdstones?
10. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)