|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A proctor.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
2. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) They do not leave Plymouth.
(b) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(c) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
(d) Because they get kicked out of their house.
3. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Mell.
4. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Dr. Strong.
(d) Uriah Heep.
5. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(b) Mr. Creakle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
2. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
3. How does David do in school?
4. When is Peggotty fired?
5. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
2. Why does David's mother die, and how/when does David find out?
3. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
4. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
5. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
6. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
7. Describe David's job at Murdstones and Grindy.
8. Before David leaves Canterbury, what does Agnes tell him?
9. How does Steerforth spend his time in Yarmouth in Chapter 22?
10. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)