|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Mell.
2. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Miss Betsey.
3. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
(b) Miss Betsey's death.
(c) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
(d) Emily's pregnancy.
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) His mother has a baby.
(c) His aunt dies.
(d) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
5. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mrs. Wickfield.
(c) Uriah Heep, the clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peggotty object to?
2. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
3. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
4. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
5. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey suggest David pursue as a career, and why?
2. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
3. How does Littimer make David feel?
4. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
5. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
6. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
7. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
8. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
9. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
10. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)