|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Tommy Traddles.
2. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
(a) Dora, Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(b) Sophie, the daughter of a country minister.
(d) Agnes, Mr. Wickfield's daughter.
3. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) Working late.
(b) David going to school.
(c) Miss Betsey moving in.
(d) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
4. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Dick.
5. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Find a suitable career.
(d) Buy a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David find the London school closed?
2. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
3. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
4. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
5. How does David feel about Dora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
2. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
3. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
4. How does Littimer make David feel?
5. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
6. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
7. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
8. Describe David's job at Murdstones and Grindy.
9. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
10. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)