|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He does provide information.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He has none to offer.
(d) He does not want to tell her.
2. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is interested in men.
(b) That Emily is pregnant.
(c) That Emily has run away with another man.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
3. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(b) A counting house in London.
(c) Debtor's Prison.
(d) A post office.
4. What boarding school does David attend in London?
(a) Canterbury Inn.
(c) Salem House.
(d) Mr. Creakle's Boarding School for Boys.
5. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
2. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
3. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
2. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
3. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
4. How does Littimer make David feel?
5. Describe the scene of David's birth.
6. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
7. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
8. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
9. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
10. Before David leaves Canterbury, what does Agnes tell him?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)