|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy new ones.
(c) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(d) So no one will recognize him.
2. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
(b) Working late.
(c) David going to school.
(d) Miss Betsey moving in.
4. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
5. How does David do in school?
(a) David drops out of school.
(b) David is expelled from school.
(c) David does well in school.
(d) David does poorly in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
2. What boarding school does David attend in London?
3. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
4. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
5. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
2. What happens when David arrives at Salem House?
3. What does Miss Betsey tell David about the strange man in Chapter 47?
4. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
5. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
6. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
7. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
8. Why does Dora say it's better for her to die now?
9. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
10. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)