|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
2. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Spencer.
(d) Mr. Spenlow.
3. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) She thinks she is pregnant.
(b) A glass broke.
(c) The appearance of a strange man.
(d) A ghost.
4. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
5. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy new ones.
(b) So no one will recognize him.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To buy a gift for his aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
3. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
4. How does David feel about Dora?
5. How long after his father's death is David born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
2. After learning of his newly impoverished state, what does David decide to do, and what happens as a result?
3. In Chapter 36, who finds work, and what work do they find?
4. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
5. In Chapter 42, what is revealed about Jack Maldon, and how does Dr. Strong react?
6. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
7. What do you think about Miss Betsey's conversation with the Murdstones?
8. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
9. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
10. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)