|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(b) By sneaking out at night.
(c) They do not help each other.
(d) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
2. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(c) Mr. Murdstone's.
3. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Copperfield.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
4. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
5. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
2. How does David do in school?
3. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
4. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David hear about Agnes in Chapter 60?
2. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
3. Why does David's mother die, and how/when does David find out?
4. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
5. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
6. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
7. Recount Mr. Micawber's charges against Uriah Heep.
8. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
9. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
10. What does Miss Betsey suggest David pursue as a career, and why?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)