|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A ghost.
(b) She thinks she is pregnant.
(c) A glass broke.
(d) The appearance of a strange man.
2. How does David do in school?
(a) David drops out of school.
(b) David does poorly in school.
(c) David is expelled from school.
(d) David does well in school.
3. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Drinking heavily.
(b) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(c) Applying for a marriage license.
(d) Searching for his sister.
4. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(b) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(c) She tells him that she loves him.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
5. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
(c) The Peggotty family.
(d) The Micawber family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
2. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
5. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
2. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
3. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
4. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
5. Describe the friendship between David and Steerforth.
6. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
7. How does Littimer make David feel?
8. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
9. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
10. What do you think about Miss Betsey's conversation with the Murdstones?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)