|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
3. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Uriah Heep.
4. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(a) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(c) Visit Peggotty.
(d) Get drunk.
5. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
(a) The Peggotty family.
(b) The Micawber family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
2. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
3. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
5. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
2. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
3. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
4. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
5. Describe David's job at Murdstones and Grindy.
6. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
7. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
8. How does Littimer make David feel?
9. How does Steerforth spend his time in Yarmouth in Chapter 22?
10. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)