|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
(b) The Micawber family.
(c) The Peggotty family.
2. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) One day.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
4. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily is pregnant.
(b) That he is interested in men.
(c) That Emily has run away with another man.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
5. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her dog and her cat.
(b) Her job and her boyfriend.
(c) Her hair is falling out.
(d) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
2. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
3. How does David feel about Dora?
4. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
5. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
2. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
3. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
4. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
5. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
6. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
7. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
8. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
9. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
10. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)