|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
(a) Tommy Traddles.
(d) Uriah Heep.
2. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mr. Spenlow.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Spencer.
3. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That David was courting Emily.
(b) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(c) That Emily was pregnant.
(d) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
4. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
(b) Because she is pregnant.
(c) Because she is getting married.
(d) Because she asks nicely.
5. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
2. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
3. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
4. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
5. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
2. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
3. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
4. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
5. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
6. How does Littimer make David feel?
7. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
8. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
9. Describe the friendship between David and Steerforth.
10. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)