|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To become very educated and find a better job.
(c) To flee to America.
(d) To commit suicide.
2. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily is pregnant.
(b) That Emily has run away with another man.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
3. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(a) Calling their parents.
(c) Not feeding them.
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(b) Salem House.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Barkis.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
2. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
3. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
4. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
5. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David's mother die, and how/when does David find out?
2. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
3. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
4. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
5. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
6. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
7. Describe the friendship between David and Steerforth.
8. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
9. What do you think about Miss Betsey's conversation with the Murdstones?
10. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)