|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
(a) Mrs. Wickfield.
(c) Uriah Heep, the clerk.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She cries herself to sleep.
(b) She tells him that she loves him.
(c) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(d) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
3. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After David's mother's funeral.
(b) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(c) After David's mother has another son.
4. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
5. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
(a) He laughs about it.
(b) He never gets drunk.
(c) He is embarrassed and seeks forgiveness.
(d) He does not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
2. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
3. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
4. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
5. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
2. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
3. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
4. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
5. Why does David's mother die, and how/when does David find out?
6. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
7. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
8. Describe the friendship between David and Steerforth.
9. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
10. How does Littimer make David feel?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)