|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Spenlow.
(c) Mr. Spencer.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
3. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(b) Tommy Traddles.
4. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) David going to school.
(b) Miss Betsey moving in.
(c) Working late.
(d) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
5. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(a) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Visit Peggotty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
2. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
3. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
4. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who travels in Chapter 57, and where do they go?
2. When David visits Agnes in Chapter 39, why does Mrs. Heep follow them around?
3. How does Dora react when David tells her of his poverty?
4. Describe the scene of David's birth.
5. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
6. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
7. How does Littimer make David feel?
8. How does the action in Chapter 64 sum up the lives of all the characters in "David Copperfield"?
9. How does Dora's father react when he learns of the affair between David and Dora?
10. What does David learn about Traddles when he returns to London in Chapter 59?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)