|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Get married.
(b) Forget about Emily.
(c) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(d) Move to Australia.
2. Who does David have tea with?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
3. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(b) Mr. Murdstone's.
4. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
5. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Heep.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David do in school?
2. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
3. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
4. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
5. Who comes to stay with David's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
2. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
3. How does Littimer make David feel?
4. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
5. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
6. What happens when David visits Dora's friend's house in London?
7. Describe the scene of David's birth.
8. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
9. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
10. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)