|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Mell.
2. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After David's mother has another son.
(b) After David's mother's funeral.
(c) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To become very educated and find a better job.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
4. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(b) By sending him to prison.
(c) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
(d) By giving him money.
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) A post office.
(b) A counting house in London.
(c) Debtor's Prison.
(d) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
2. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
3. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
4. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
5. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Rosa Dartle and Steerforth in Chapter 29.
2. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
3. Describe David's job at Murdstones and Grindy.
4. How does Mrs. Steerforth react to learning her son has run away with Emily?
5. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
6. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
7. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
8. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
9. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
10. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)