|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(b) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
(c) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
(d) They elope.
2. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
(a) To find a house.
(b) To find their missing daughter.
(c) To advertise his skill and ask for employment.
(d) To complain about Uriah Heep.
3. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Emily's pregnancy.
(b) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
(c) Miss Betsey's death.
(d) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
4. Who is suspicious about Steerforth at Steerforth's house?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
5. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
2. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
3. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
4. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
5. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
2. How does Steerforth spend his time in Yarmouth in Chapter 22?
3. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
4. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
5. What does Ham tell David about Emily in Chapter 31?
6. What happens during and after David's dinner party in Chapter 24?
7. Why is David anxious about returning to school?
8. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
9. What does Miss Betsey suggest David pursue as a career, and why?
10. Describe the two women that David tells Agnes about having crushes on in Chapter 18.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)