|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
2. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
3. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By sending him to prison.
(b) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(c) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
(d) By giving him money.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
5. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mrs. Wickfield.
(d) Uriah Heep, the clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
2. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
4. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David is having tea with the Heeps?
2. What is the major problem that David discovers about his marriage to Dora in Chapter 44?
3. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
4. How does Mr. Peggotty's visit in Chapter 63 tie up the loose ends of the novel?
5. How does David manage to meet with Dora in Chapter 41?
6. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
7. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
8. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
9. How does David feel about Dora, and what does he worry about?
10. How does Mr. Dick help Dr. and Mrs. Strong, and what is the result?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)