|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Barkis.
2. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That her husband has shown up.
(b) That she never wants to see him again.
(c) That she is having a baby.
(d) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
3. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
(a) Dora, Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(b) Sophie, the daughter of a country minister.
(c) Agnes, Mr. Wickfield's daughter.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
5. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
2. Why does David find the London school closed?
3. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
4. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
5. When is Peggotty fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's job at Murdstones and Grindy.
2. Describe the state of Tommy Traddles' affairs in Chapter 27.
3. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
4. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
5. Describe the scene of David's birth.
6. What does Miss Betsey suggest David pursue as a career, and why?
7. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son in Chapter 20?
8. Describe the conversation between David and Agnes in Chapter 25.
9. Before David leaves Canterbury, what does Agnes tell him?
10. What news does David learn when he visits Yarmouth in Chapter 30?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)