|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) Holiday period.
(b) It has been condemned.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It caught on fire.
2. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Drinking heavily.
(b) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(c) Applying for a marriage license.
(d) Searching for his sister.
3. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To be Steerforth's friend.
(b) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn on his birthday?
2. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
4. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
5. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene of David's birth.
2. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
3. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
4. What happens when David finally arrives at Miss Betsey's house?
5. What happens when David arrives at Salem House?
6. While David visits Traddles, who arrives and what do they tell David?
7. How does Mr. Wickfield influence David's life in Chapter 15?
8. What happens immediately after David's mother's funeral?
9. Describe David's dinner party in Chapter 28.
10. How does Littimer make David feel?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)