|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
(a) David tells her.
(b) In a newspaper.
(c) Ham's mother writes her a letter.
(d) The captain of the ship on the way to Australia tells her.
2. Who senses the unhappiness of Dr. and Mrs. Strong in Chapter 45 and wants to help?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Jack Maldon.
3. Who permits David to see Dora in Chapter 41?
(a) Her aunts.
(b) Mr. Spenlow.
(c) Dora's friend.
4. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
(b) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
(c) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
(d) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
5. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
(a) The same man that was bothering her in London.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Uriah Heep.
6. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
(b) Mrs. Micawber.
(d) Dr. Strong.
7. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
(a) Mrs. Heep.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
8. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Dr. Strong.
(c) Jack Maldon.
9. Why does Dora faint?
(a) She is sick.
(b) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(c) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(d) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
10. Who does Mr. Micawber present evidence against in Chapter 52?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Dick.
11. What delays David from delivering a letter to Emily from Ham?
(a) An illness.
(b) A broken down horse.
(c) A terrible sea storm.
(d) A robbery.
12. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Ten years later.
13. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora loves another man.
(b) That Dora is ugly.
(c) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(d) That he loves another woman.
14. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
(b) The two women hate each other.
(c) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
(d) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
15. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Congratulates them.
(b) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(c) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
(d) Dies of shock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
2. Who receives a letter from Mrs. Micawber detailing Mr. Micawber's violent and secretive behavior?
3. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
4. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
5. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)