|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
2. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Dick.
3. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
(a) Dora loves Steerforth.
(b) David loves Agnes.
(c) Dora's inability to do anything practical.
(d) Dora is unable to get pregnant.
4. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
(a) Dr. Strong realizes that he hates his wife.
(b) Sets off the emotional scene that has been building for many years.
(c) They decide to get a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Strong faints.
5. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
(b) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
(c) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
(d) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
6. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(b) Dies of shock.
(c) Congratulates them.
(d) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
7. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
(a) Getting a divorce.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Nothing, ever.
(d) Having a baby.
8. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
(a) Mrs. Micawber.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
9. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
(b) Rosa Dartle.
10. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
(a) His intentions to marry Agnes.
(b) He has eloped with Agnes.
(c) His jealousy of David.
(d) He is poor.
11. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
(a) Mrs. Micawber.
(b) Dr. Strong.
12. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
(a) His love for Agnes.
(b) How much he misses Dora.
(c) That he wishes they would stay.
(d) Ham and Steerforth's deaths.
13. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
(a) Emily reveals that she is pregnant.
(b) Emily shares her story about what has happened since she ran away.
(c) Emily runs away from Mr. Peggotty.
(d) Emily does not appear in Chapter 51.
14. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
15. Why does Dora faint?
(a) She is sick.
(b) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(c) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
(d) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
2. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
3. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
4. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
5. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)