|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Miss Betsey.
2. To what does David attribute all of his good fortune?
(b) Miss Betsey.
3. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
(a) In a hotel in Canterbury.
(b) In a rented room in London.
(c) In a cottage in Yarmouth.
(d) With Miss Betsey in Dover.
4. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
(a) Nothing, ever.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Getting a divorce.
(d) Having a baby.
5. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(b) That Dora loves another man.
(c) That he loves another woman.
(d) That Dora is ugly.
6. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
(c) Mrs. Steerforth.
(d) Miss Dartle.
7. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) David tells him.
(b) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
(c) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
(d) Dora tells him.
8. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Find a new wife.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Have a child.
9. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
(a) The Wickfield house.
(b) David's house.
(c) Debtor's Prison.
(d) Miss Betsey's house.
10. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) The two women hate each other.
(b) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
(c) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
(d) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
11. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
12. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
13. What worries Agnes in Chapter 35?
(a) David's drunken behavior.
(b) Uriah Heep's influence over her father.
(c) Her pending wedding to Uriah Heep.
(d) David's love for Dora.
14. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
(a) A new horse.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) An apprenticeship.
15. Why does Dora faint?
(a) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(b) She is sick.
(c) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(d) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Uriah Heep?
2. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
3. What is David unable to share with Dora?
4. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
5. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)