Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
2. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
(a) David tells her.
(b) In a newspaper.
(c) Ham's mother writes her a letter.
(d) The captain of the ship on the way to Australia tells her.
3. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(b) Accept being poor.
(c) Write books.
(d) Build houses.
4. What does Miss Betsey explain to David in Chapter 47?
(a) She explains that the man is her son that she renounced for marrying an unworthy woman.
(b) She does not explain anything.
(c) She explains that the man is her husband that everyone believes is dead who betrayed her and appears occasionally to demand money.
(d) She explains that the man knows a deep secret and is blackmailing her.
5. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
6. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Mrs. Strong.
(b) Jack Maldon.
(d) Dr. Strong.
7. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) She gets mad at him.
(b) Her thinking is worsened.
(c) Her thinking is improved.
(d) She divorces him.
8. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Find a new wife.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Write a book.
9. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
(a) That they will live happily ever after.
(b) David does not have a relationship with Agnes at this point.
(c) That they will never speak again.
(d) That they can only be friends.
10. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
(a) By blackmailing Jack Maldon.
(b) By marrying Dora.
(c) By beginning a literary career.
(d) By blackmailing Uriah Heep.
11. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
(a) She admits that she is pregnant with Steerforth's child.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is glad he is dead.
(d) She declares her love for Steerforth and her anger at Mrs. Steerforth for making him what he was.
12. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
(a) Miss Betsey does not appear in Chapter 60.
(b) That Agnes will marry him.
(c) That Miss Betsey is going to marry Mr. Dick.
(d) That Agnes may have a suitor.
13. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(a) Rosa Dartle.
14. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
15. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She says that they are better off as friends.
(b) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(c) She confesses that she has always loved him.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
2. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
3. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
4. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
5. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)