|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She marries someone else.
(b) She does not stop communicating with David.
(c) She does not want to hurt her father.
(d) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
2. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
3. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She confesses that she has always loved him.
(d) She says that they are better off as friends.
4. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(b) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(c) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(d) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
5. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
(a) Miss Betsey renounces David.
(b) Dora dies.
(c) David marries Dora.
(d) Steerforth reappears.
6. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
(a) Mrs. Heep.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Uriah Heep.
7. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
(a) Ten years later.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five months.
8. Who does Mr. Micawber present evidence against in Chapter 52?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Uriah Heep.
9. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) Jack Maldon.
10. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
(a) That Agnes will marry him.
(b) That Agnes may have a suitor.
(c) That Miss Betsey is going to marry Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey does not appear in Chapter 60.
11. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
(a) Mrs. Steerforth.
(d) Miss Betsey.
12. Why does Dora faint?
(a) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
(b) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(c) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(d) She is sick.
13. Where does David first return after his travels abroad?
14. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Jack Maldon.
(d) Dr. Strong.
15. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
(a) That he truly loves Agnes.
(b) That Mr. Murdstone was not a bad stepfather.
(c) That he hates his job.
(d) That he wants to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
2. What is David unable to share with Dora?
3. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
4. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
5. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)