|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His love.
(b) His money.
(c) His thoughts and feelings.
(d) His family and friends.
2. Who travels with the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily in Chapter 57?
(c) Miss Betsey.
3. How does Emily learn of Ham's death?
(a) David tells her.
(b) Ham's mother writes her a letter.
(c) In a newspaper.
(d) The captain of the ship on the way to Australia tells her.
4. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Jack Maldon.
(b) Dr. Strong.
(d) Mrs. Strong.
5. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She confesses that she has always loved him.
(b) She says that they are better off as friends.
(c) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(d) She slaps him.
6. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
(a) He feels he must sacrifice his love in order to preserve their friendship.
(b) He decides that he does not love her.
(c) He is scared that she will return his feelings.
(d) He does tell her that he loves her.
7. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
(a) Ham and Steerforth's deaths.
(b) His love for Agnes.
(c) That he wishes they would stay.
(d) How much he misses Dora.
8. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
(a) The Wickfield house.
(b) David's house.
(c) Miss Betsey's house.
(d) Debtor's Prison.
9. How does David feel about his relationship with Dora?
(d) He has no relationship with Dora.
10. Who senses the unhappiness of Dr. and Mrs. Strong in Chapter 45 and wants to help?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Jack Maldon.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
11. Where does Maldon invite Mrs. Strong in Chapter 36?
(a) The opera.
(c) The beach.
12. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mrs. Heep.
13. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
14. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(b) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
(c) Dies of shock.
(d) Congratulates them.
15. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mrs. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
2. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
3. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
4. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
5. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)