|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Dick.
2. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
(a) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) Jack Maldon.
3. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
(a) That Agnes may have a suitor.
(b) Miss Betsey does not appear in Chapter 60.
(c) That Agnes will marry him.
(d) That Miss Betsey is going to marry Mr. Dick.
4. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Give up on Dora.
(b) Move to Australia.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
5. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Find a new wife.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Travel abroad.
6. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
(a) Getting a divorce.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Nothing, ever.
7. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
(b) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(c) She breaks off their engagement.
(d) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
8. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
(b) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
(c) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
(d) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
9. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
(b) Mrs. Micawber.
(c) Dr. Strong.
10. Who does Mr. Micawber present evidence against in Chapter 52?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Dick.
11. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(c) The same man that was bothering her in London.
(d) Uriah Heep.
12. Who suddenly arrives in Chapter 63?
(c) Mr. Peggotty.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
13. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
(a) They decide to get a divorce.
(b) Dr. Strong realizes that he hates his wife.
(c) Sets off the emotional scene that has been building for many years.
(d) Mrs. Strong faints.
14. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
15. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
(b) The two women hate each other.
(c) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
(d) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
2. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
3. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
4. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
5. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)