|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
(a) His will.
(b) Finishing a book.
(c) Buying an engagement ring for Agnes.
(d) Saving for a house.
2. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is dead.
(b) Dora is completely better.
(c) Much better.
(d) Little hope of recovery.
3. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
4. What revives David in Chapter 58?
(a) A glass of cold water.
(b) Running into Traddles.
(c) A letter from Agnes.
(d) Finding Dora's wedding ring.
5. What does David realize in Chapter 58?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he hates his job.
(c) That Mr. Murdstone was not a bad stepfather.
(d) That he truly loves Agnes.
6. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) Her thinking is worsened.
(b) She divorces him.
(c) She gets mad at him.
(d) Her thinking is improved.
7. Who permits David to see Dora in Chapter 41?
(b) Her aunts.
(c) Mr. Spenlow.
(d) Dora's friend.
8. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
(b) The two women hate each other.
(c) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
(d) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
9. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
(a) Steerforth and Ham.
(b) Emily and Dora.
(c) Mr. Micawber and Mr. Peggotty.
(d) Uriah Heep and Littimer.
10. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
(a) Emily runs away from Mr. Peggotty.
(b) Emily shares her story about what has happened since she ran away.
(c) Emily does not appear in Chapter 51.
(d) Emily reveals that she is pregnant.
11. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora loves another man.
(b) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(c) That he loves another woman.
(d) That Dora is ugly.
12. To what does David attribute all of his good fortune?
(d) Miss Betsey.
13. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Find a new wife.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Write a book.
14. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
(a) His love for Agnes.
(b) How much he misses Dora.
(c) Ham and Steerforth's deaths.
(d) That he wishes they would stay.
15. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(b) Accept being poor.
(c) Build houses.
(d) Write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
2. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
3. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
4. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
5. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)