|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maldon invite Mrs. Strong in Chapter 36?
(a) The opera.
(b) The beach.
2. What does Mrs. Strong say that worries David in Chapter 45?
(a) Two people with different outlooks on life can never be happily married.
(b) Dora is cheating on David.
(c) Mrs. Strong is in love with David.
(d) Marrying for money is intelligent.
3. What revives David in Chapter 58?
(a) A letter from Agnes.
(b) Finding Dora's wedding ring.
(c) Running into Traddles.
(d) A glass of cold water.
4. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
(a) Pay the passage for the Micawbers to move to Australia and start a new life.
(b) Sue Uriah Heep.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Move to Australia.
5. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
(a) David and Agnes.
(b) The Micawbers.
(c) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(d) Mr. Peggotty and Emily.
6. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Several years.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five months.
7. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
(a) They decide to get a divorce.
(b) Mrs. Strong faints.
(c) Sets off the emotional scene that has been building for many years.
(d) Dr. Strong realizes that he hates his wife.
8. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
(a) Nothing, ever.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Getting a divorce.
(d) Having a baby.
9. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(b) Give up on Dora.
(c) Move to Australia.
(d) Work harder.
10. Who senses the unhappiness of Dr. and Mrs. Strong in Chapter 45 and wants to help?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Jack Maldon.
11. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora loves another man.
(b) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(c) That he loves another woman.
(d) That Dora is ugly.
12. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
13. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) Her thinking is improved.
(b) Her thinking is worsened.
(c) She divorces him.
(d) She gets mad at him.
14. Where will this secret meeting occur?
(b) In front of the Debtor's Prison.
15. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Uriah Heep?
2. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
3. What is Mr. Micawber's position in Australia?
4. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
5. Who receives a letter from Mrs. Micawber detailing Mr. Micawber's violent and secretive behavior?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)