|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mrs. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
2. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His family and friends.
(b) His thoughts and feelings.
(c) His money.
(d) His love.
3. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
(a) She is in love with Mr. Dick.
(b) She is going to marry Mr. Wickfield.
(c) She is proud of him.
(d) Her husband has truly died.
4. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(b) That he loves another woman.
(c) That Dora is ugly.
(d) That Dora loves another man.
5. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is completely better.
(b) Little hope of recovery.
(c) Much better.
(d) Dora is dead.
6. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
7. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
(b) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
(c) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(d) She breaks off their engagement.
8. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Jack Maldon.
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Dr. Strong.
9. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
(a) Steerforth and Ham.
(b) Uriah Heep and Littimer.
(c) Emily and Dora.
(d) Mr. Micawber and Mr. Peggotty.
10. To what does David attribute all of his good fortune?
(a) Miss Betsey.
11. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
(a) Miss Dartle.
(b) Mrs. Steerforth.
12. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Getting a divorce.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Nothing, ever.
13. What delays David from delivering a letter to Emily from Ham?
(a) A broken down horse.
(b) A terrible sea storm.
(c) An illness.
(d) A robbery.
14. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
(a) Steerforth reappears.
(b) David marries Dora.
(c) Miss Betsey renounces David.
(d) Dora dies.
15. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
2. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
3. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
4. Where will this secret meeting occur?
5. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)