|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David learn when he visits Dr. Strong?
(a) That Dora has gotten married.
(b) That Dr. Strong does not like David.
(c) That Jack Maldon has returned from India.
(d) That Dr. Strong is divorcing Mrs. Strong.
2. What does David hope will make Dora become more serious?
(a) Nothing, ever.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Getting a divorce.
3. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(b) That Dora is ugly.
(c) That he loves another woman.
(d) That Dora loves another man.
4. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
(a) Mrs. Steerforth.
(c) Rosa Dartle.
5. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
(a) Ten years later.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two days.
6. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(b) Rosa Dartle.
7. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
(a) That Agnes will marry him.
(b) That Agnes may have a suitor.
(c) Miss Betsey does not appear in Chapter 60.
(d) That Miss Betsey is going to marry Mr. Dick.
8. Where will this secret meeting occur?
(d) In front of the Debtor's Prison.
9. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
(a) Miss Dartle.
(b) Mrs. Steerforth.
10. Who suddenly arrives in Chapter 63?
(a) Mr. Peggotty.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
11. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(c) She says that they are better off as friends.
(d) She confesses that she has always loved him.
12. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(b) She breaks off their engagement.
(c) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
(d) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
13. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Dr. Strong.
(d) Jack Maldon.
14. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
15. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mrs. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
2. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
3. How long does David wander aimlessly through Europe before returning home?
4. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
5. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)