|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
(a) With Miss Betsey in Dover.
(b) In a rented room in London.
(c) In a hotel in Canterbury.
(d) In a cottage in Yarmouth.
2. What does David learn when he visits Dr. Strong?
(a) That Jack Maldon has returned from India.
(b) That Dr. Strong does not like David.
(c) That Dora has gotten married.
(d) That Dr. Strong is divorcing Mrs. Strong.
3. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
4. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His love.
(b) His money.
(c) His thoughts and feelings.
(d) His family and friends.
5. When do the last two chapters of the novel take place in relation to the previous chapters?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Ten years later.
(d) Four weeks.
6. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
(a) She declares her love for Steerforth and her anger at Mrs. Steerforth for making him what he was.
(b) She is glad he is dead.
(c) She admits that she is pregnant with Steerforth's child.
(d) She commits suicide.
7. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
(a) Dora's inability to do anything practical.
(b) David loves Agnes.
(c) Dora is unable to get pregnant.
(d) Dora loves Steerforth.
8. Who is an attempt made to rescue in Chapter 55?
9. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
(a) Miss Betsey's house.
(b) David's house.
(c) The Wickfield house.
(d) Debtor's Prison.
10. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Jack Maldon.
(d) Uriah Heep.
11. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(b) Rosa Dartle.
12. Where will this secret meeting occur?
(d) In front of the Debtor's Prison.
13. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
(b) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
(c) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
(d) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
14. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
(a) Because she hates her husband.
(b) Because she is tired of living.
(c) Because she misses her father.
(d) Because David still loves her, whereas in ten years he would grow bitter because she will never improve and become a better wife.
15. Who suddenly arrives in Chapter 63?
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Peggotty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
2. Who receives a letter from Mrs. Micawber detailing Mr. Micawber's violent and secretive behavior?
3. What does David learn about Mr. Murdstone in Chapter 59?
4. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
5. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)