|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Sue Uriah Heep.
(c) Pay the passage for the Micawbers to move to Australia and start a new life.
(d) Move to Australia.
2. What does David learn about Mr. Murdstone in Chapter 59?
(a) That he has many children.
(b) That he wants to apologize to David for his past cruelty.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he has succeeded in crushing his second wife's spirit.
3. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
4. What happens when Steerforth decides that he is done with Emily and suggests she marry Littimer?
(a) Littimer refuses and returns to Steerforth's house.
(b) Steerforth slaps her.
(c) She marries Littimer.
(d) She refuses and runs away.
5. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
(a) Dora is unable to get pregnant.
(b) David loves Agnes.
(c) Dora's inability to do anything practical.
(d) Dora loves Steerforth.
6. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
7. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
(b) Dora tells him.
(c) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
(d) David tells him.
8. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
(a) She is in love with Mr. Dick.
(b) Her husband has truly died.
(c) She is going to marry Mr. Wickfield.
(d) She is proud of him.
9. Who has managed to sort out the Wickfield estate and recover most of Miss Betsey's fortune?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
10. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
(a) Miss Dartle.
(b) Mrs. Steerforth.
11. What is taken to Mrs. Steerforth in Chapter 56?
(a) Steerforth's body.
(b) Steerforth's will.
(c) David's well wishes.
(d) Miss Betsey's consolations.
12. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(b) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(c) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(d) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
13. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(b) She says that they are better off as friends.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She confesses that she has always loved him.
14. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
(a) Mrs. Heep.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Uriah Heep.
15. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
2. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
3. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
4. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
5. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)