|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
(a) That they can only be friends.
(b) That they will never speak again.
(c) David does not have a relationship with Agnes at this point.
(d) That they will live happily ever after.
2. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A small cottage.
3. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
(a) In a cottage in Yarmouth.
(b) In a hotel in Canterbury.
(c) In a rented room in London.
(d) With Miss Betsey in Dover.
4. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
(a) Mrs. Micawber.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
5. What does David refrain from telling the Micawbers, Mr. Peggotty, and Emily about in Chapter 57?
(a) His love for Agnes.
(b) How much he misses Dora.
(c) Ham and Steerforth's deaths.
(d) That he wishes they would stay.
6. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(b) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(c) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(d) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
7. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Dr. Strong.
(d) Jack Maldon.
8. What does Agnes reveal to David about her deathbed conversation with Dora?
(a) Dora told Agnes that she is her best friend.
(b) Dora forbade Agnes to ever speak to David again.
(c) Dora asked Agnes to marry David.
(d) Dora confessed that she did not love David.
9. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
(a) David marries Dora.
(b) Dora dies.
(c) Steerforth reappears.
(d) Miss Betsey renounces David.
10. Who do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles meet in Chapter 52?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
11. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
(b) Miss Dartle.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth.
12. Where does David first return after his travels abroad?
13. What does David's family encourage him to do in Chapter 54?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Find a new wife.
14. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
15. Who senses the unhappiness of Dr. and Mrs. Strong in Chapter 45 and wants to help?
(a) Jack Maldon.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn when he visits Dr. Strong?
2. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
3. Who does Dora specifically send for on her deathbed?
4. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
5. To what does David attribute all of his good fortune?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)