|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
(a) She does not want to be around him.
(b) To see Dora.
(c) To visit Agnes.
(d) In hopes of cheering David up.
2. Where does David live after he returns from his travel abroad?
(a) In a cottage in Yarmouth.
(b) With Miss Betsey in Dover.
(c) In a rented room in London.
(d) In a hotel in Canterbury.
3. Where does everyone gather to hear Mr. Micawber's evidence in Chapter 52?
(a) Miss Betsey's house.
(b) The Wickfield house.
(c) Debtor's Prison.
(d) David's house.
4. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
(a) He has eloped with Agnes.
(b) His intentions to marry Agnes.
(c) He is poor.
(d) His jealousy of David.
5. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
6. Who dies while attempting to rescue another man during the storm in Chapter 55?
7. What does the simple act of placing the Strongs' hands together accomplish?
(a) They decide to get a divorce.
(b) Dr. Strong realizes that he hates his wife.
(c) Sets off the emotional scene that has been building for many years.
(d) Mrs. Strong faints.
8. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
(a) David marries Dora.
(b) Steerforth reappears.
(c) Dora dies.
(d) Miss Betsey renounces David.
9. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
10. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(b) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(c) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(d) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
11. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
(b) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
(c) David tells him.
(d) Dora tells him.
12. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That he loves another woman.
(b) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(c) That Dora loves another man.
(d) That Dora is ugly.
13. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Dr. Strong.
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(d) Jack Maldon.
14. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
(a) Emily and Dora.
(b) Mr. Micawber and Mr. Peggotty.
(c) Uriah Heep and Littimer.
(d) Steerforth and Ham.
15. Who does David receive a letter from with an invitation to visit in Chapter 61?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Uriah Heep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn about Mr. Murdstone in Chapter 59?
2. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
3. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
4. What is taken to Mrs. Steerforth in Chapter 56?
5. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)