|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David receive a letter from with an invitation to visit in Chapter 61?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Uriah Heep.
2. Who do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles meet in Chapter 52?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
3. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
(a) That Agnes may have a suitor.
(b) Miss Betsey does not appear in Chapter 60.
(c) That Miss Betsey is going to marry Mr. Dick.
(d) That Agnes will marry him.
4. How does Agnes react when David confronts her about her possible suitor?
(a) She tells him that she never wants to see him again.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She confesses that she has always loved him.
(d) She says that they are better off as friends.
5. What does Miss Betsey tell David at the end of Chapter 54?
(a) She is in love with Mr. Dick.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) Her husband has truly died.
(d) She is going to marry Mr. Wickfield.
6. Who tells David about what is going on with Steerforth and Emily in Chapter 46?
(a) Rosa Dartle.
7. What worries Agnes in Chapter 35?
(a) David's love for Dora.
(b) David's drunken behavior.
(c) Her pending wedding to Uriah Heep.
(d) Uriah Heep's influence over her father.
8. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) She divorces him.
(b) Her thinking is worsened.
(c) She gets mad at him.
(d) Her thinking is improved.
9. Due to a trail of letters he finds, where does Mr. Peggotty believe Emily has gone?
10. Where does David first return after his travels abroad?
11. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
(a) Write books.
(b) Build houses.
(c) Work as a private secretary for Dr. Strong.
(d) Accept being poor.
12. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(b) That Dora loves another man.
(c) That he loves another woman.
(d) That Dora is ugly.
13. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She admits that she is pregnant with Steerforth's child.
(c) She is glad he is dead.
(d) She declares her love for Steerforth and her anger at Mrs. Steerforth for making him what he was.
14. What delays David from delivering a letter to Emily from Ham?
(a) An illness.
(b) A broken down horse.
(c) A robbery.
(d) A terrible sea storm.
15. What happens when Steerforth decides that he is done with Emily and suggests she marry Littimer?
(a) Steerforth slaps her.
(b) She marries Littimer.
(c) She refuses and runs away.
(d) Littimer refuses and returns to Steerforth's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
2. What is taken to Mrs. Steerforth in Chapter 56?
3. Who suddenly arrives in Chapter 63?
4. What does David assume about his relationship with Agnes?
5. In Chapter 64, the narrator reveals that all of the characters are happy except which one?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)