|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
(a) That he will never see Steerforth again.
(b) That Mrs. Steerforth is a bad person.
(c) That Rosa Dartle loves Steerforth.
(d) That Littimer belongs in prison.
2. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
3. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
4. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Dr. Strong.
5. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That her husband has shown up.
(b) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That she is having a baby.
6. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
(a) Uriah Heep, the clerk.
(c) Mrs. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
7. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
(b) Miss Betsey's death.
(c) Emily's pregnancy.
(d) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
8. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Copperfield.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
9. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(b) To be Steerforth's friend.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
10. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
(b) Sophie, the daughter of a country minister.
(c) Dora, Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(d) Agnes, Mr. Wickfield's daughter.
11. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(b) By sending him to prison.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
12. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He never gets drunk.
(c) He laughs about it.
(d) He is embarrassed and seeks forgiveness.
13. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(c) Salem House.
14. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her dog and her cat.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
(d) Her job and her boyfriend.
15. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about Dora?
2. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
3. Who is suspicious about Steerforth at Steerforth's house?
4. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
5. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)