|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He does not want to tell her.
(c) He has none to offer.
(d) He does provide information.
2. Who is suspicious about Steerforth at Steerforth's house?
(b) Rosa Dartle.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
3. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(b) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
(c) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
(d) They elope.
4. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(d) Mr. Creakle.
5. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Dick.
6. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Barkis.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
7. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(b) Debtor's Prison.
(c) A counting house in London.
(d) A post office.
8. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
9. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
10. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Peggotty is getting married.
(b) Emily is moving to Australia.
(c) Emily is pregnant.
(d) Emily and Ham are engaged.
11. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
(b) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) His mother has given birth to another son.
12. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
13. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
14. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(b) Drinking heavily.
(c) Searching for his sister.
(d) Applying for a marriage license.
15. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
3. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
5. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)