|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
2. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To visit Peggotty's family.
3. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
(b) Tommy Traddles.
(d) Uriah Heep.
4. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
(a) He never gets drunk.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is embarrassed and seeks forgiveness.
(d) He laughs about it.
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Accept him as her ward.
(b) Kick him out on the street.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Send him home with the Murdstones.
6. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She hopes they find Emily.
(b) She blames David.
(c) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(d) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
7. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Mell.
8. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Copperfield.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
9. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Emily was pregnant.
(b) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(c) That David was courting Emily.
(d) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
10. What boarding school does David attend in London?
(a) Mr. Creakle's Boarding School for Boys.
(b) Salem House.
(d) Canterbury Inn.
11. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she asks nicely.
(b) Because she is getting married.
(c) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
(d) Because she is pregnant.
12. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily has run away with another man.
(b) That he is interested in men.
(c) That he is not in love with Emily.
(d) That Emily is pregnant.
13. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(b) Get married.
(c) Forget about Emily.
(d) Move to Australia.
14. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(b) She tells him that she loves him.
(c) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
15. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) His mother has a baby.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) His aunt dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
2. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
3. Who comes to stay with David's family?
4. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
5. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)