Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(b) Steerforth and Littimer.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Traddles and Sophie.
2. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
(b) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(c) They do not leave Plymouth.
(d) Because they get kicked out of their house.
3. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His mother has a baby.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) His aunt dies.
4. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
(a) That Rosa Dartle loves Steerforth.
(b) That he will never see Steerforth again.
(c) That Littimer belongs in prison.
(d) That Mrs. Steerforth is a bad person.
5. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
6. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
7. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Miss Betsey.
8. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
(a) The Micawber family.
(d) The Peggotty family.
9. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Steerforth, David's friend.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
10. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
11. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That David was courting Emily.
(b) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(c) That Emily was pregnant.
(d) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
12. How does David do in school?
(a) David does well in school.
(b) David does poorly in school.
(c) David is expelled from school.
(d) David drops out of school.
13. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
(b) Because she is getting married.
(c) Because she is pregnant.
(d) Because she asks nicely.
14. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Peggotty is getting married.
(b) Emily is moving to Australia.
(c) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(d) Emily is pregnant.
15. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(a) Calling their parents.
(d) Not feeding them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
2. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
3. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
4. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
5. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)