|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(a) Not feeding them.
(b) Calling their parents.
2. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(b) Move to Australia.
(c) Get married.
(d) Forget about Emily.
3. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(a) Tommy Traddles.
4. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
5. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That David was courting Emily.
(b) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(c) That Emily was pregnant.
(d) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
6. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(b) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To be Steerforth's friend.
7. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Copperfield.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
8. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She believes that everything he does is wonderful.
(c) She thinks he is smart but misbehaves.
(d) She thinks he is spoiled.
9. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(b) His aunt dies.
(c) His mother has a baby.
(d) He gets sick.
10. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she is pregnant.
(b) Because she asks nicely.
(c) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
(d) Because she is getting married.
11. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(c) Steerforth, David's friend.
(d) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
12. Who does David have tea with?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
13. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) They do not leave Plymouth.
(b) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(c) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(d) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
14. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
15. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her job and her boyfriend.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) Her dog and her cat.
(d) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
2. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
3. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
5. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)