|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her dog and her cat.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) Her job and her boyfriend.
(d) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
2. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
3. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She blames David.
(b) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(c) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
(d) She hopes they find Emily.
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(b) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(c) To be Steerforth's friend.
(d) To gossip with Steerforth.
5. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(d) Mr. Murdstone's.
6. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
7. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He does provide information.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He has none to offer.
(d) He does not want to tell her.
8. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
(a) She believes that everything he does is wonderful.
(b) She thinks he is smart but misbehaves.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She thinks he is spoiled.
9. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(b) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
(c) They do not leave Plymouth.
(d) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
10. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Copperfield.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
11. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
12. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
13. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(b) Drinking heavily.
(c) Searching for his sister.
(d) Applying for a marriage license.
14. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) So no one will recognize him.
(b) To buy new ones.
(c) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(d) To buy food.
15. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With Steerforth.
(b) With the Wickfields.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) In a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
2. Why does David find the London school closed?
3. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
4. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
5. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)