|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Emily is moving to Australia.
(b) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(c) Peggotty is getting married.
(d) Emily is pregnant.
2. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Steerforth and Littimer.
(b) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Traddles and Sophie.
3. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
4. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
(a) The Micawber family.
(b) The Peggotty family.
5. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Steerforth, David's friend.
(b) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(c) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
6. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That his baby brother has died.
(b) That his mother has died.
(c) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
(d) That his father is still alive.
7. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
8. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(b) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(c) Visit Peggotty.
(d) Get drunk.
9. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(b) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(c) They do not leave Plymouth.
(d) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
10. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To visit Peggotty's family.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To visit his aunt.
11. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It is summer.
(b) Holiday period.
(c) It caught on fire.
(d) It has been condemned.
12. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(b) Not feeding them.
(d) Calling their parents.
13. How does David feel about Dora?
(a) He thinks she is ugly.
(b) He is scared of her.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful but stupid.
(d) He falls in love with her at first sight.
14. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Get married.
(b) Forget about Emily.
(c) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(d) Move to Australia.
15. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
(b) Miss Betsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
3. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
4. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
5. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)