|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That her husband has shown up.
(b) That she never wants to see him again.
(c) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
(d) That she is having a baby.
2. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Emily's pregnancy.
(b) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
(c) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
(d) Miss Betsey's death.
3. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) With the Wickfields.
(d) With Steerforth.
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(a) Salem House.
5. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
6. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
7. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
(a) To find their missing daughter.
(b) To advertise his skill and ask for employment.
(c) To complain about Uriah Heep.
(d) To find a house.
8. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two weeks.
9. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is not in love with Emily.
(b) That Emily has run away with another man.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That Emily is pregnant.
10. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
11. Who is suspicious about Steerforth at Steerforth's house?
(b) Mrs. Steerforth.
(c) Rosa Dartle.
12. How does David feel about Dora?
(a) He is scared of her.
(b) He falls in love with her at first sight.
(c) He thinks she is ugly.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful but stupid.
13. When is Peggotty fired?
(b) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(c) After David's mother has another son.
(d) After David's mother's funeral.
14. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(b) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(c) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(d) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
15. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Spencer.
(c) Mr. Spenlow.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
2. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
3. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
4. Who does David have tea with?
5. What does David try to do after finishing school?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)