|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Steerforth and Littimer.
(b) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(c) Traddles and Sophie.
(d) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
2. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(c) Mr. Murdstone's.
3. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(b) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
4. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(b) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Visit Peggotty.
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Kick him out on the street.
(b) Accept him as her ward.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Send him home with the Murdstones.
6. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) She thinks she is pregnant.
(b) The appearance of a strange man.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A glass broke.
7. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
8. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(b) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(c) That Emily was pregnant.
(d) That David was courting Emily.
9. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
10. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She cries herself to sleep.
(b) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(c) She tells him that she loves him.
(d) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
11. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) On the street.
(b) With Peggotty's family.
(c) The Rookery.
(d) An inn.
12. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
13. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
14. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
15. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
2. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
3. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
4. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
5. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)