|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) With Peggotty's family.
(b) An inn.
(c) On the street.
(d) The Rookery.
2. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She cries herself to sleep.
(b) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(c) She tells him that she loves him.
(d) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
3. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Move to Australia.
(b) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(c) Forget about Emily.
(d) Get married.
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To be Steerforth's friend.
(b) To gossip with Steerforth.
(c) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
6. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She hopes they find Emily.
(b) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(c) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
(d) She blames David.
7. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
8. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Spenlow.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Spencer.
9. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) Working late.
(b) David going to school.
(c) Miss Betsey moving in.
(d) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
10. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To visit Peggotty's family.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To find a wife.
11. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
12. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That David is staying with her.
(d) That he needs to come get David.
13. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He has none to offer.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He does provide information.
(d) He does not want to tell her.
14. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(b) They do not help each other.
(c) By sneaking out at night.
(d) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
15. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Peggotty fired?
2. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
3. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
4. What does David try to do after finishing school?
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)