|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David have tea with?
(c) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
(a) Uriah Heep, the clerk.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mrs. Wickfield.
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
(a) By inspiring fear in his students.
(b) Mr. Creakle does not run the school.
(c) Kindly with all of his students loving him.
(d) With his wife's help.
4. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) Holiday period.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It has been condemned.
5. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To gossip with Steerforth.
(b) To be Steerforth's friend.
(c) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
6. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To visit Peggotty's family.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To find a wife.
7. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Emily's pregnancy.
(b) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
(c) Miss Betsey's death.
(d) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
8. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move to Australia.
(c) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(d) Forget about Emily.
9. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
(b) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(c) They elope.
(d) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
10. How does David do in school?
(a) David does well in school.
(b) David does poorly in school.
(c) David is expelled from school.
(d) David drops out of school.
11. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Spenlow.
(d) Mr. Spencer.
12. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is not in love with Emily.
(b) That Emily is pregnant.
(c) That Emily has run away with another man.
(d) That he is interested in men.
13. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
(b) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(c) She blames David.
(d) She hopes they find Emily.
14. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(a) Calling their parents.
(b) Not feeding them.
15. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(b) She gets diabetes.
(c) It is not.
(d) She has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
2. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
3. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
4. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
5. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)