Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(b) By sneaking out at night.
(c) They do not help each other.
(d) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
2. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(c) Mr. Murdstone's.
3. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Copperfield.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
4. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
5. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
6. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To become very educated and find a better job.
(b) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(c) To flee to America.
(d) To commit suicide.
7. How does David do in school?
(a) David does well in school.
(b) David drops out of school.
(c) David does poorly in school.
(d) David is expelled from school.
8. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(b) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
(c) She slaps the man.
(d) She cries to David about it.
9. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
(a) To advertise his skill and ask for employment.
(b) To complain about Uriah Heep.
(c) To find their missing daughter.
(d) To find a house.
10. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
11. How does David feel about Dora?
(a) He is scared of her.
(b) He falls in love with her at first sight.
(c) He thinks she is ugly.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful but stupid.
12. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she asks nicely.
(b) Because she is getting married.
(c) Because she is pregnant.
(d) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
13. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
14. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
(a) Tommy Traddles.
(b) Uriah Heep.
15. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Move to Australia.
(b) Forget about Emily.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
2. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
4. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
5. Who does David have tea with?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)