|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(b) She tells him that she loves him.
(c) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
2. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
3. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(c) With Steerforth.
(d) In a hotel.
4. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Miss Betsey.
5. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
(b) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
(c) His mother has given birth to another son.
(d) His mother is dead.
6. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
(a) To complain about Uriah Heep.
(b) To find their missing daughter.
(c) To advertise his skill and ask for employment.
(d) To find a house.
7. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She gets diabetes.
(c) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(d) It is not.
8. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By sending him to prison.
(b) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
(c) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(d) By giving him money.
9. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
10. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
11. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) To commit suicide.
12. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
13. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(b) They do not help each other.
(c) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(d) By sneaking out at night.
14. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(b) The fact that he is ugly.
(c) The fact that he is not a girl.
(d) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
15. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
2. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
3. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
4. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
5. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)