|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
2. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She slaps the man.
(b) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
(c) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(d) She cries to David about it.
3. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
4. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
(a) Because he wants to be with David as much as possible.
(b) Because he needs to get away from his mother.
(c) Because it will be funny to see poor people in their natural environment.
(d) Because he wants to marry Emily.
5. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Move to Australia.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(d) Forget about Emily.
6. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She blames David.
(b) She hopes they find Emily.
(c) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
(d) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
7. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) The Rookery.
(b) An inn.
(c) With Peggotty's family.
(d) On the street.
8. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(b) She tells him that she loves him.
(c) She cries herself to sleep.
(d) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
9. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
10. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) The fact that he is ugly.
(b) The fact that he is not a girl.
(c) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(d) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
11. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(b) Mr. Mell.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
12. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(a) Tommy Traddles.
13. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(b) Mr. Murdstone's.
14. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
(a) She thinks he is spoiled.
(b) She believes that everything he does is wonderful.
(c) She thinks he is smart but misbehaves.
(d) She hates him.
15. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(b) Salem House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
2. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
3. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
4. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
5. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)