|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That her husband has shown up.
(b) That she is having a baby.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
2. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To be Steerforth's friend.
(b) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
3. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Peggotty is getting married.
(b) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(c) Emily is pregnant.
(d) Emily is moving to Australia.
4. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
(b) David going to school.
(c) Working late.
(d) Miss Betsey moving in.
5. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
6. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
7. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
(b) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(c) They elope.
(d) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
8. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
9. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
(a) That Rosa Dartle loves Steerforth.
(b) That Littimer belongs in prison.
(c) That Mrs. Steerforth is a bad person.
(d) That he will never see Steerforth again.
10. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
11. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Forget about Emily.
(b) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(c) Move to Australia.
(d) Get married.
12. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Find a suitable career.
13. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
14. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
(a) Because he wants to marry Emily.
(b) Because it will be funny to see poor people in their natural environment.
(c) Because he wants to be with David as much as possible.
(d) Because he needs to get away from his mother.
15. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She hopes they find Emily.
(b) She blames David.
(c) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(d) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
2. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
3. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
4. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
5. When is Peggotty fired?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)