|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Dr. Strong.
2. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(b) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(c) They do not help each other.
(d) By sneaking out at night.
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) Holiday period.
(b) It has been condemned.
(c) It caught on fire.
(d) It is summer.
4. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(b) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(c) That Emily was pregnant.
(d) That David was courting Emily.
5. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
6. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her dog and her cat.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
(d) Her job and her boyfriend.
7. Who does David have tea with?
(a) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
8. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
9. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
(b) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
10. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That he needs to come get David.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That David is staying with her.
11. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) His mother has given birth to another son.
(b) His mother is dead.
(c) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
(d) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
12. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A glass broke.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The appearance of a strange man.
(d) She thinks she is pregnant.
13. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(d) Tommy Traddles.
14. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily is pregnant.
(b) That he is interested in men.
(c) That he is not in love with Emily.
(d) That Emily has run away with another man.
15. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) His aunt dies.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) His mother has a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
2. When is Peggotty fired?
3. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
4. Who is suspicious about Steerforth at Steerforth's house?
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)