|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
2. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(b) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(c) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(d) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
3. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
4. Who does David have tea with?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
5. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) The fact that he is not a girl.
(b) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(c) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(d) The fact that he is ugly.
6. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
(b) His mother is dead.
(c) His mother has given birth to another son.
(d) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
7. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Heep.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
8. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Spencer.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Spenlow.
9. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
10. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
(a) That Rosa Dartle loves Steerforth.
(b) That he will never see Steerforth again.
(c) That Mrs. Steerforth is a bad person.
(d) That Littimer belongs in prison.
11. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(d) Mr. Murdstone's.
12. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
13. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Copperfield.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
14. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(c) Mr. Creakle.
15. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(b) Salem House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
2. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
3. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
4. What does David learn on his birthday?
5. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)