|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It has been condemned.
(c) It is summer.
(d) Holiday period.
2. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
3. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
4. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is not in love with Emily.
(b) That Emily is pregnant.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That Emily has run away with another man.
5. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she asks nicely.
(b) Because she is getting married.
(c) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
(d) Because she is pregnant.
6. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
7. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) Her dog and her cat.
(d) Her job and her boyfriend.
8. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
9. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy food.
(b) So no one will recognize him.
(c) To buy new ones.
(d) To buy a gift for his aunt.
10. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
11. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Copperfield.
12. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Traddles and Sophie.
(b) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(c) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(d) Steerforth and Littimer.
13. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(b) She gets diabetes.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) It is not.
14. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(a) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(c) Visit Peggotty.
(d) Get drunk.
15. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
(b) Miss Betsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
2. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
3. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
5. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)