|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
(a) She thinks he is smart but misbehaves.
(b) She thinks he is spoiled.
(c) She believes that everything he does is wonderful.
(d) She hates him.
2. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Find a suitable career.
(d) Have a child.
3. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) One day.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(d) Mr. Murdstone's.
5. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It is summer.
(b) Holiday period.
(c) It has been condemned.
(d) It caught on fire.
6. Who is suspicious about Steerforth at Steerforth's house?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth.
7. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He does provide information.
(c) He does not want to tell her.
(d) He has none to offer.
8. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Heep.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
9. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
(a) That Dora is going to visit her in London and he is welcome to visit as well.
(b) That Dora is going to become a nun.
(c) That Dora is getting married to Steerforth.
(d) That David has no chance with Dora so he should just leave her alone.
10. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(b) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
(c) They elope.
(d) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
11. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) With Steerforth.
12. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) Debtor's Prison.
(b) A counting house in London.
(c) A post office.
(d) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
13. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
14. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She gets diabetes.
(b) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(c) It is not.
(d) She has a heart attack.
15. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
2. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
3. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
4. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
5. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)