1. Describe the scene of David's birth.
The scene of David's birth starts out to be calm and quiet until his great aunt, Miss Trotwood comes in and makes the situation a little uneasy.
2. How do the other characters feel about Mr. Murdstone?
Mrs. Copperfield is enamored by Mr. Murdstone, but Peggotty and David do not like him.
3. What methods do the Murdstones use to break the spirits of the other people in the house?
The methods the Murdstones use is setting rules and making sure everyone follows them their way in order to break the spirits of the others in the house, especially David and his mother.
4. What happens when David arrives at Salem House?
When David arrives at the Salem House he makes two new friends, Tommy Traddles and James Steerforth, that help him figure out who everyone is.
5. Describe the friendship between David and Steerforth.
David and Steerforth begin a friendship based on their individual strengths. They establish a nightly ritual in which David tells Steerforth stories from the books that he has read. Steerforth, in turn, helps David with difficult assignments.
This section contains 1,799 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)